Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 5, 2009
10:39:45 AM
View profile
Remote Zoom button quit working

I'm a fairly new uverse customer and was plesently surprised with the excellent quality of the service.

A few days back when viewing A Movie demand. O noticedd he Zoom button now onl brings up an alternate

languague menu. Is snyone having this problem due to a software upgrade of is it my Remote?

I've already called uversr tech support and they are sending me a new modem, but , being a tech, I am leary

of the diagnosiS. If it's a remote problem , I should know rather quickly after the new remote arrives, but  I'm curious

if anyone else has had this new problem. One thing that made me suspicious is that at the same time the remote zoom

started working differently, my receiver lost all the initial setup that was done when installedand I had to go through and complete

reoption the receiver.  

Thanks

RD

I'm a fairly new uverse customer and was plesently surprised with the excellent quality of the service.

A few days back when viewing A Movie demand. O noticedd he Zoom button now onl brings up an alternate

languague menu. Is snyone having this problem due to a software upgrade of is it my Remote?

I've already called uversr tech support and they are sending me a new modem, but , being a tech, I am leary

of the diagnosiS. If it's a remote problem , I should know rather quickly after the new remote arrives, but  I'm curious

if anyone else has had this new problem. One thing that made me suspicious is that at the same time the remote zoom

started working differently, my receiver lost all the initial setup that was done when installedand I had to go through and complete

reoption the receiver.  

Thanks

RD

Remote Zoom button quit working

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 10:46:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'd press the zoom button, then press the left arrow and the zoom options should appear.  Somehow yours got stuck on the language option. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

I'd press the zoom button, then press the left arrow and the zoom options should appear.  Somehow yours got stuck on the language option. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote Zoom button quit working

2 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 10:50:19 AM
(0)
Mentor
Also make sure the att button is lighting up when you push zoom,ive seen the remotes do weird stuff with random buttons being pushed while on tv/aux
Also make sure the att button is lighting up when you push zoom,ive seen the remotes do weird stuff with random buttons being pushed while on tv/aux

3 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 11:14:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

With Phase 2, the 'Aspect' button (bottom right of remote) brings up "View Options" which controls both the zoom and language.  Use the right arrow button to switch between the two. 

For boxes set at 4:3, it will only show the "language" option.

With Phase 2, the 'Aspect' button (bottom right of remote) brings up "View Options" which controls both the zoom and language.  Use the right arrow button to switch between the two. 

For boxes set at 4:3, it will only show the "language" option.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2009 11:55:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

The zoom right/left button option resolved the problem. Too bad Uverse tech support didn't have this nfo. Thanks again all!!!!!

Ruben

The zoom right/left button option resolved the problem. Too bad Uverse tech support didn't have this nfo. Thanks again all!!!!!

Ruben

5 of 16 (3,529 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 7:44:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

RB:

When this happened, did you experience any screen freezing while watching recorded programs?

OR

Did you have to perform a "total reboot" of your Uverse TV receiver by holding down the 'OK', "down arrow", and 'Power' buttons on the receiver at the same time?

Over the course of the 9th and 10th of this month (July), I recorded a marathon session of the first half of the 3rd season of Eureka on SyFy.  Today, while watching the first two episodes recorded, my girlfriend and I started to experience the freezing; which tech support had us do a hard reboot by disconnecting the power cable from the receiver.

Once the screen froze a fourth time, tech support had us do a "total reboot" as described above.  As a result, not only did we lose all previously recorded content, but it turns out (with the help of your post) that the reboot reset all of our video and audio options.

I'm sorry for all of the questions, but I'm just trying to determine what caused all of this as I am disappointed in Uverse thus far.

- Jose

[For anyone affiliated with Uverse reading this right now, I've only had Uverse 6 DAYS - had I not switched to you from DishNetwork, I would not only have enjoyed the service I was getting up until switching, but I would not have had to go through this frustration and disappointment]

RB:

When this happened, did you experience any screen freezing while watching recorded programs?

OR

Did you have to perform a "total reboot" of your Uverse TV receiver by holding down the 'OK', "down arrow", and 'Power' buttons on the receiver at the same time?

Over the course of the 9th and 10th of this month (July), I recorded a marathon session of the first half of the 3rd season of Eureka on SyFy.  Today, while watching the first two episodes recorded, my girlfriend and I started to experience the freezing; which tech support had us do a hard reboot by disconnecting the power cable from the receiver.

Once the screen froze a fourth time, tech support had us do a "total reboot" as described above.  As a result, not only did we lose all previously recorded content, but it turns out (with the help of your post) that the reboot reset all of our video and audio options.

I'm sorry for all of the questions, but I'm just trying to determine what caused all of this as I am disappointed in Uverse thus far.

- Jose

[For anyone affiliated with Uverse reading this right now, I've only had Uverse 6 DAYS - had I not switched to you from DishNetwork, I would not only have enjoyed the service I was getting up until switching, but I would not have had to go through this frustration and disappointment]

Re: Remote Zoom button quit working (and anyone affiliated with Uverse reading)

6 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2009 11:40:58 PM
(0)
Expert

Unfortunately, TS often thinks a hard reset solves all problems; doesn't always and loses your recordings.

Go here and paste your stats for us:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J04&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J04

It can be something as simple as a coax connection not being tight on back of RG (assuming you ARE coax).  Or installer didn't change each coax connection to a new one.

Unfortunately, TS often thinks a hard reset solves all problems; doesn't always and loses your recordings.

Go here and paste your stats for us:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J04&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J04

It can be something as simple as a coax connection not being tight on back of RG (assuming you ARE coax).  Or installer didn't change each coax connection to a new one.

Re: Remote Zoom button quit working (and anyone affiliated with Uverse reading)

7 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2009 6:38:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

Two clicks and your ZOOM will work!

1. click the zoom buttom on remote.

2. you will see "viewing Option" <Audio Language> , English with a check mark after it.

3. simply click the < toggle button to the left of the ok button. now you will have all the zoom options as before.

4. it will become your default option when you use your zoom button now. just move the curser up and down to adjust the zoom.

ps.if you do not see the blue button on the dvr and you have a HD receiver go to menu and change your aspect ratio to 1080i

Good luck

Chet

Two clicks and your ZOOM will work!

1. click the zoom buttom on remote.

2. you will see "viewing Option" <Audio Language> , English with a check mark after it.

3. simply click the < toggle button to the left of the ok button. now you will have all the zoom options as before.

4. it will become your default option when you use your zoom button now. just move the curser up and down to adjust the zoom.

ps.if you do not see the blue button on the dvr and you have a HD receiver go to menu and change your aspect ratio to 1080i

Good luck

Chet

Remote Zoom button quit working RESOLVED!!!!!

8 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2009 7:26:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There is no "zoom" buttom.  The button is labeled "Aspect".

Just sayin'...

Just sayin'...

Re: Remote Zoom button quit working RESOLVED!!!!!

9 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2009 12:53:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

skeeterintexas wrote:

Just sayin'...

On my Motorola 1225 remote, the button in the lower right hand corner is labeled "ZOOM".

skeeterintexas wrote:

Just sayin'...

On my Motorola 1225 remote, the button in the lower right hand corner is labeled "ZOOM".

10 of 16 (3,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2009 1:43:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

Just sayin'...

My box is a Motorola VIP1200.  It says "Aspect".

I guess it depends on the box/remote someone gets at installation.

texasguy37 wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

Just sayin'...

My box is a Motorola VIP1200.  It says "Aspect".

I guess it depends on the box/remote someone gets at installation.

11 of 16 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 4:28:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Having same problem.It worked once and now when I hit zoom it brings up the option screen of English or Spanish.I followed previous posts and tried what they recomended and that did not work.

Any more suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Having same problem.It worked once and now when I hit zoom it brings up the option screen of English or Spanish.I followed previous posts and tried what they recomended and that did not work.

Any more suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

12 of 16 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 4:49:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Dragonfly wrote:

Any more suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

What Aspect Ratio is set on your U-verse DVR/STB (Menu --> Options --> System Options --> Aspect Ratio)?

The Zoom menu is not visible when the Aspect Ratio is set to "4:3 standard definition".

If your Aspect Ratio is set correctly, press the ENTER(ZOOM) button on the remote, and press the left arrow to move between the Audio language menu and the Zoom menu.

Dragonfly wrote:

Any more suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

What Aspect Ratio is set on your U-verse DVR/STB (Menu --> Options --> System Options --> Aspect Ratio)?

The Zoom menu is not visible when the Aspect Ratio is set to "4:3 standard definition".

If your Aspect Ratio is set correctly, press the ENTER(ZOOM) button on the remote, and press the left arrow to move between the Audio language menu and the Zoom menu.

13 of 16 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 9:09:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you recomended and then my TV went totally snowy and when I turned it off and back on it said No signal and format not supported.

I switched TV's thinking it was possibly the TV because my other TV's worked.

Same thing.

I returned the TV back to the Living area and rehooked up the TV that is connected to the DVR original setup.

Same issue.

I unplugged everything,did not reboot but it somehow went through the UVERSE AT&T setup process and is working again...

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you recomended and then my TV went totally snowy and when I turned it off and back on it said No signal and format not supported.

I switched TV's thinking it was possibly the TV because my other TV's worked.

Same thing.

I returned the TV back to the Living area and rehooked up the TV that is connected to the DVR original setup.

Same issue.

I unplugged everything,did not reboot but it somehow went through the UVERSE AT&T setup process and is working again...

14 of 16 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 7:27:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

To use the 720i or 1080i settings:

1) Your TV must be HD capable (and capable of reading the one you choose)

2) You must be using either component or HDMI cable to connect the DVR/STB to the TV.

If your TV is SD, or you are using COAX or composite cable to connect the TV, then you may only (successfully) choose 4:3. 

And, no, the ZOOM button doesn't work when you're at 4:3 aspect ratio.

To use the 720i or 1080i settings:

1) Your TV must be HD capable (and capable of reading the one you choose)

2) You must be using either component or HDMI cable to connect the DVR/STB to the TV.

If your TV is SD, or you are using COAX or composite cable to connect the TV, then you may only (successfully) choose 4:3. 

And, no, the ZOOM button doesn't work when you're at 4:3 aspect ratio.

15 of 16 (2,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2010 8:59:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

thank you i love you

thank you i love you

16 of 16 (2,635 Views)