Remote Codes?

Mentor

Remote Codes?

I got a new LG LCD TV and I used to look them up at this link.....

http://helpme.att.net/pdf/uverse/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

But its not working anymore.   Did they move the remote controls code page?

Message 1 of 13
Teacher

Re: Remote Codes?

Message 2 of 13
Expert

You can program you remote from your TV:

Menu --> Help --> System Set-up --> Program your U-verse Remote

Follow the onscreen instructions.

Message 3 of 13
Mentor

This worked perfectly!  Thanks!

Now that the remote is programmed....I'm getting anawesome HD picture and its controlled fully by the U-verse remote.....but the guide comes up WAY bigger than the screen.   What am I doing wrong? 

TV Settings:   16:9 Aspect Ratio (only other choices are 4:3, zoom, cinema zoom)

U-verse settings:  720p Aspect Ratio (only other choices are sd, widescreen sd, or 1080i)

Message 4 of 13
Expert

How is the U-verse box connected to the TV? 

1) HDMI cable

2) Component cables (red, green, blue)

3) Composite cables (red, white, yellow)

4) Coaxial cable

Message 5 of 13
Mentor

oh yeah!   Its connected using composite Dish-style cable and i get the blue light on HD with a fantastic picture...the guide is just weirdly large and stretched off the left side of the screen.   The blue light and HD would not work with coaxial when I had this connected first..... should i try HDMI? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is the U-verse box connected to the TV?  

1) HDMI cable

2) Component cables (red, green, blue)

3) Composite cables (red, white, yellow)

4) Coaxial cable

Message 6 of 13
Teacher

HDMI or Component should fix the issue. I recommend an hdmi cord.

Message 7 of 13
Expert

Fuser wrote:

oh yeah!   Its connected using composite Dish-style cable and i get the blue light on HD with a fantastic picture...the guide is just weirdly large and stretched off the left side of the screen.   The blue light and HD would not work with coaxial when I had this connected first..... should i try HDMI? 

Not sure what "composite Dish-style cable" means, but you should only use either an HDMI cable or component cables (red, green, blue).  The other cables (composite or coaxial) will not deliver the HD picture and can create the problem that you see with the menu.

Message 8 of 13
Mentor

What i meant was the ones that come installed with a Dish.   I think they are composite since they are white, red, and a HUGE yellow one.    I will try the component or HDMI   Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
Expert

The composite cables (red, white and yellow) will not provide the HD picture and will create the problem with the menus that you reported.

Message 10 of 13
Scholar

One little problem with that. Red, white and yellow are RCA. HD with the triple cable with need component cables which are red, blue and green. That would be the best bet for an HD TV. 

texasguy37 wrote:

The composite cables (red, white and yellow) will not provide the HD picture and will create the problem with the menus that you reported.

Message 11 of 13
Expert

Silgon25 wrote:
One little problem with that. Red, white and yellow are RCA. HD with the triple cable with need component cables which are red, blue and green. That would be the best bet for an HD TV. 
texasguy37 wrote:

I'm confused.  What's the little problem with anything that has already been stated above? 

Also, the red, white and yellow cables are typically referred to as "composite" cables.  Both composite and component cables can referred to as "RCA cables".  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_cable

Either component (red, green, blue) or HDMI cables can be used to deliver the HD picture.

Message 12 of 13
Contributor

Worked great, Thanks! Been trying to find a code for Olevia for a year. Finally can control everything from one remote.

Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support