Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 17, 2010
10:19:13 PM
View profile
Reloading Uverse Software
I had Uverse on my PC when it crashed.  I had to do a full system restore.  Is it possible to download the software I will need to set it back up or do I need a disk?  
I had Uverse on my PC when it crashed.  I had to do a full system restore.  Is it possible to download the software I will need to set it back up or do I need a disk?  

Reloading Uverse Software

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2010 10:43:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't need to install any software for uverse to work, there are some exceptions to this but you would need to be running a more complicated setup with other devices besides the RG and your computer. 
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but you shouldn't need to install any software for uverse to work, there are some exceptions to this but you would need to be running a more complicated setup with other devices besides the RG and your computer. 

Re: Reloading Uverse Software

2 of 7 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2010 10:52:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

WIUser is correct, there is nothing to download for Uverse to work, just have to restore your connection

to the RG: either wired or wireless. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

WIUser is correct, there is nothing to download for Uverse to work, just have to restore your connection

to the RG: either wired or wireless. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2010 1:17:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

if you mean "to set back" you internet connection, then you may need to have the computers installer driver for your network card to work. if your connecting wireless, you also need the driver for your adapter.

if you mean "to set back" you internet connection, then you may need to have the computers installer driver for your network card to work. if your connecting wireless, you also need the driver for your adapter.

4 of 7 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2010 6:06:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I have the 2wire cd, but I only used it on a laptop I no longer have.  Every other computer I have used to connect to my wireless network just detected it, and I typed in the password.  The tech never used the cd for my desktop.  If you would like more definitive information on this issue call ts at 800.983-2811.  Ask to be transferred to a tier 2 csr.
I have the 2wire cd, but I only used it on a laptop I no longer have.  Every other computer I have used to connect to my wireless network just detected it, and I typed in the password.  The tech never used the cd for my desktop.  If you would like more definitive information on this issue call ts at 800.983-2811.  Ask to be transferred to a tier 2 csr.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2010 8:26:39 PM
(0)
Mentor
if its windows vista or 7 the drivers for 2wire are already there the cd is not needed.
if its windows vista or 7 the drivers for 2wire are already there the cd is not needed.

6 of 7 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2010 8:55:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
Maybe the OP has a beta version of the Uverse plugin for Windows Media Center for Windows 7. LOL
Maybe the OP has a beta version of the Uverse plugin for Windows Media Center for Windows 7. LOL

7 of 7 (1,376 Views)