Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 25, 2010
10:05:34 PM
View profile
Relcap is exceeding
I've been having issues with my new AT&T service since day one, that is a whole other issue though. However, I just got off the phone with a tier 2 rep and he determined that my house's "relative capacity is exceeding" and that I would have to call tomorrow to get in contact with a tech because the system is currently down and tell the rep the exact words. From there my internet would have to be changed to a lower package? Really? there is no way around this? There is no way to upgrade the line and equipment so my house will handle higher connections? The rep just sounded really lazy and uninterested to give me an exact answer, but rather a quick and easy one. I do not want to be forced to a lower connection since I was quoted that my 6 Mbps connection was available and was even further quoted that sometime after January 3rd higher packages like the 12 and 18 Mbps packages would be available to my home.
I've been having issues with my new AT&T service since day one, that is a whole other issue though. However, I just got off the phone with a tier 2 rep and he determined that my house's "relative capacity is exceeding" and that I would have to call tomorrow to get in contact with a tech because the system is currently down and tell the rep the exact words. From there my internet would have to be changed to a lower package? Really? there is no way around this? There is no way to upgrade the line and equipment so my house will handle higher connections? The rep just sounded really lazy and uninterested to give me an exact answer, but rather a quick and easy one. I do not want to be forced to a lower connection since I was quoted that my 6 Mbps connection was available and was even further quoted that sometime after January 3rd higher packages like the 12 and 18 Mbps packages would be available to my home.

Relcap is exceeding

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2010 8:11:32 AM
(0)
Expert

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots here in the forum, you will need to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Picasa, Google, Photobucket, ImageShack, etc.

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots here in the forum, you will need to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Picasa, Google, Photobucket, ImageShack, etc.

Re: Relcap is exceeding

2 of 4 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 10:56:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by BETA. on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:58:38 AM

U verse realtime doesnt work with my motorola 2210. AT&T is going to send a technician to check out everything at my home on Thursday. The tech I spoke to yesterday determined that my SN Margin was too high(he wanted it lower so I could obtain closer to my subscribed speed, but he's crazy because that decreases stability too) and a possible bridge tap removal would have to take place. In a worst case scenario I would have to have the line's SN margin increased resulting in a stable line, however my speeds will drop, possibly forcing me to go with a lower speed service like maybe 3.0 Mbps. If this is the case I am cancelling. It's been a nice short run AT&T.

U verse realtime doesnt work with my motorola 2210. AT&T is going to send a technician to check out everything at my home on Thursday. The tech I spoke to yesterday determined that my SN Margin was too high(he wanted it lower so I could obtain closer to my subscribed speed, but he's crazy because that decreases stability too) and a possible bridge tap removal would have to take place. In a worst case scenario I would have to have the line's SN margin increased resulting in a stable line, however my speeds will drop, possibly forcing me to go with a lower speed service like maybe 3.0 Mbps. If this is the case I am cancelling. It's been a nice short run AT&T.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 10:58:38 AM
(0)
Expert

OK, if you have a Motorola 2210, you have ADSL2+ service, not VDSL service.  U-Verse Realtime only works with VDSL-based U-Verse.

Yes, a high line capacity and/or low signal to noise ratio indicates line problems.  A bridge tap is one possibility.  See if the tech can find and remove the bridge tap, and then those parameters should normalize.

OK, if you have a Motorola 2210, you have ADSL2+ service, not VDSL service.  U-Verse Realtime only works with VDSL-based U-Verse.

Yes, a high line capacity and/or low signal to noise ratio indicates line problems.  A bridge tap is one possibility.  See if the tech can find and remove the bridge tap, and then those parameters should normalize.

4 of 4 (680 Views)