Recordings Freezing up on receiver, not on DVR

Teacher

Recordings Freezing up on receiver, not on DVR

So I have seen other posts about something similar but I wanted to clear some things up and describe my exact issue. I have had the run around with AT&T before so I wanted to check here before I get into that whole mess again.

1. Some, not all recordings seem to freeze up every 2-4 seconds very briefly then continue on then freeze again in very similar fashion.

2. This does not ever happen on the DVR.

3. I never have problems watching regular streaming TV on this receiver.

4. I have made sure the time zone is set properly and it did NOT fix my problem.

5. Sometimes it works just fine for recordings and seems totally random.

6. I have tested it after rebooting everything and still have the issue.

So all you experts out there what do you have to say about it? I have looked at my stats on the router and everything looks fine. This all started about 1-2 months ago out of nowhere....

Message 1 of 13 (1,781 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Recordings Freezing up on receiver, not on DVR

You don't say how that STB is connected to the RG, coax or cat5e? :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Teacher

Coax.
Message 3 of 13 (1,781 Views)
ACE - Expert

Since it is the STB, it might be the splitter (should say 1.5G or 1500K, not 1G), ATT knows about these

splitters, but is replacing them on a one-by-one basis.  Could also be diplexer, seems they've been

replacing them at the same time.  Might want to check your HPNA stats to see if PHY rate (Mbps) is 112,

anything lower can be a problem.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J70&THISPAGE=A02_POST&NEXTPAGE=J70

You'll need the password on the sticker on the RG.  If it's not 112, let us know what you find.

Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Message Edited by mibrnsurg on 09-11-2009 11:51 AM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

It is 112, verified that a long time ago and the other day when I was having issues.
Message 5 of 13 (1,781 Views)
ACE - Expert

Then it's the splitter, diplexer, the line itself, a bad DVR or RG.  Before calling TS, check to make sure

all the coax connections are tight, if not can cause freezing/pixelization.  If they're tight, call TS on the

phone # in my sig and press 2 and they should find the problem.  Come back and tell us what happened,

good luck. :smileywink:

Chris

Message 6 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Teacher

Should be about 6 months before they figure out this problem so be ready to wait... Every other problem I had took about that long and about 5-6 visits to the house...
Message 7 of 13 (1,781 Views)
ACE - Expert

Give em 1 or 2 tries, then contact David and his team here:
http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Provide all info required and it might take a short bit of time before they contact you.
They will solve your problems. :smileywink:

Chris

Message 8 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Expert

Your dvr could be in the first stages of failure.
Message 9 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Teacher

So I called Tech support and guess what... They want to play the I need to send a tech out... Wow... didn't see that one coming.. Now I have to waste a whole day waiting to see if they will even get it figured out. Most likely they wont figure it out and I'll have to take another day off...

Message 10 of 13 (1,781 Views)
Tutor

I had the same problem.  Tech replaced the splitter and the problem is gone.
Message 11 of 13 (1,169 Views)
Teacher

What splitter are you talking about? I dont have one that I know of. It goes from the RG unit througha  coax cable to the wall, up to the attic then down to my living room. No splitter... Or at least no visible splitter. Maybe they hid it...

So why would regular TV work but recordings wont? It's all going through the same splitter if its there. Doesn't make any sense.

Message 12 of 13 (1,169 Views)
Master

amo368 wrote:

What splitter are you talking about? I dont have one that I know of. It goes from the RG unit througha  coax cable to the wall, up to the attic then down to my living room. No splitter... Or at least no visible splitter. Maybe they hid it...

So why would regular TV work but recordings wont? It's all going through the same splitter if its there. Doesn't make any sense.

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=faq#connection_methods
Message 13 of 13 (1,169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.