Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2009
8:12:17 PM
Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.
How do you easily access (w/out checking subsettings in core info.) recording space unused/available? Help please.
How do you easily access (w/out checking subsettings in core info.) recording space unused/available? Help please.

Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2009 8:22:52 PM
(0)
Guru
Only way I've found is from "Menu" then "Options" then "System Options" then "System Information" then "System Resources".  It shows % of disk remaining.
Only way I've found is from "Menu" then "Options" then "System Options" then "System Information" then "System Resources".  It shows % of disk remaining.

Re: Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.

2 of 8 (1,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2009 8:58:00 PM
(0)
Mentor
This is one of the things I find a little annoying with U-verse. On my Dish Vip722 and actually most DVR's with them you have the time left to record broken down by HD and SD right in the Recorded Shows menu, nice and easy. :smileyhappy:
This is one of the things I find a little annoying with U-verse. On my Dish Vip722 and actually most DVR's with them you have the time left to record broken down by HD and SD right in the Recorded Shows menu, nice and easy. :smileyhappy:

3 of 8 (1,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2009 9:00:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

scandaloussc wrote:

Yes, I remember having that nice feature with Dish.  Maybe it will be a future enhancement to the U-verse DVR.

scandaloussc wrote:

Yes, I remember having that nice feature with Dish.  Maybe it will be a future enhancement to the U-verse DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (1,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2009 10:40:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
Mine always shows 40% to 35% thats it and it wont go over 203 recordings is this normal?
Mine always shows 40% to 35% thats it and it wont go over 203 recordings is this normal?

5 of 8 (1,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2009 10:47:04 PM
(0)
Guru

stoner21 wrote:

Thats interesting. Since I have a combination of HD and SD recordins I will never get near that figure. My percentage has gone down close to zero before infact I lost a couple of  recordings from running full a couple of times. If Uverse would put the % space remaing where it belongs in the DVR menu it would be a lot easier.

stoner21 wrote:

Thats interesting. Since I have a combination of HD and SD recordins I will never get near that figure. My percentage has gone down close to zero before infact I lost a couple of  recordings from running full a couple of times. If Uverse would put the % space remaing where it belongs in the DVR menu it would be a lot easier.

6 of 8 (1,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2009 9:17:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

caliuser wrote:

stoner21 wrote:

That would work for me.

caliuser wrote:

stoner21 wrote:

That would work for me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 8 (1,253 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2009 10:45:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
I used to have a ViP-722 as well, and loved the breakdown of SD & HD capacity, but as others have mentioned, I'll simply take a % remaining at this point.
I used to have a ViP-722 as well, and loved the breakdown of SD & HD capacity, but as others have mentioned, I'll simply take a % remaining at this point.

8 of 8 (1,253 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments