Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.

Guru

Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.

How do you easily access (w/out checking subsettings in core info.) recording space unused/available? Help please.
Tags (3)
Message 1 of 8
Guru

Re: Recording space available/remaining- How to easily get info.

Only way I've found is from "Menu" then "Options" then "System Options" then "System Information" then "System Resources".  It shows % of disk remaining.
Message 2 of 8

This is one of the things I find a little annoying with U-verse. On my Dish Vip722 and actually most DVR's with them you have the time left to record broken down by HD and SD right in the Recorded Shows menu, nice and easy. :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 8
Expert

scandaloussc wrote:
This is one of the things I find a little annoying with U-verse. On my Dish Vip722 and actually most DVR's with them you have the time left to record broken down by HD and SD right in the Recorded Shows menu, nice and easy. :smileyhappy:

Yes, I remember having that nice feature with Dish.  Maybe it will be a future enhancement to the U-verse DVR.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Mine always shows 40% to 35% thats it and it wont go over 203 recordings is this normal?
Message 5 of 8
Guru

stoner21 wrote:
Mine always shows 40% to 35% thats it and it wont go over 203 recordings is this normal?

Thats interesting. Since I have a combination of HD and SD recordins I will never get near that figure. My percentage has gone down close to zero before infact I lost a couple of  recordings from running full a couple of times. If Uverse would put the % space remaing where it belongs in the DVR menu it would be a lot easier.

Message 6 of 8
Expert

caliuser wrote:

stoner21 wrote:

Thats interesting. Since I have a combination of HD and SD recordins I will never get near that figure. My percentage has gone down close to zero before infact I lost a couple of  recordings from running full a couple of times. If Uverse would put the % space remaing where it belongs in the DVR menu it would be a lot easier.

That would work for me.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Tutor

I used to have a ViP-722 as well, and loved the breakdown of SD & HD capacity, but as others have mentioned, I'll simply take a % remaining at this point.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support