Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 15, 2010
9:42:00 AM
View profile
Recording 2 HD Shows at same time

I am new to the U-verse community and am hoping someone can help me out.

I set my DVR to record 2 HD programs at the same time. When I checked to make sure both were scheduled to program everything seemed good to go. Both were listed on the scheduled to program screen. However, when it came time to record only 1 program recorded and the other dropped off. There were no conflict errors listed and I am able to view 2 HD programs on 2 different TVs.

What am I doing wrong - any suggestions?

Thanks.

I set my DVR to record 2 HD programs at the same time. When I checked to make sure both were scheduled to program everything seemed good to go. Both were listed on the scheduled to program screen. However, when it came time to record only 1 program recorded and the other dropped off. There were no conflict errors listed and I am able to view 2 HD programs on 2 different TVs.

Thanks.

Recording 2 HD Shows at same time

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 9:59:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by mtsindy on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:18:23 AM

kworks:  It may be the "ingress profile" on your system.  It's possible that your U-verse system is configured to allow 2 simultaneous HD streams (channels), but your DVR is only allowed to handle 1 of those at a time (the other HD stream being available on a different TV).  You can check the ingress profile by bringing up the System Information screen (under System Options) from your DVR or any set-top box.  You will have to move 2 screens to the right in System Information to see the WAN and ingress profiles.  My WAN profile and ingress profile are both set to 1 SD/3 HD, meaning that I can have up to 3 simultaneous HD streams in the house, and all 3 of those can be on the DVR.  For example, I can watch 1 HD channel while recording 2 others in HD.  I think this profile is still somewhat limited in the U-verse markets, and it depends on the bandwidth available in your area.

Have you tried recording 1 channel in HD while watching another in HD on the same TV which is connected to the DVR?  If you cannot do that, it is worth a call to AT&T to find out why both HD streams aren't available on your DVR.

kworks:  It may be the "ingress profile" on your system.  It's possible that your U-verse system is configured to allow 2 simultaneous HD streams (channels), but your DVR is only allowed to handle 1 of those at a time (the other HD stream being available on a different TV).  You can check the ingress profile by bringing up the System Information screen (under System Options) from your DVR or any set-top box.  You will have to move 2 screens to the right in System Information to see the WAN and ingress profiles.  My WAN profile and ingress profile are both set to 1 SD/3 HD, meaning that I can have up to 3 simultaneous HD streams in the house, and all 3 of those can be on the DVR.  For example, I can watch 1 HD channel while recording 2 others in HD.  I think this profile is still somewhat limited in the U-verse markets, and it depends on the bandwidth available in your area.

Have you tried recording 1 channel in HD while watching another in HD on the same TV which is connected to the DVR?  If you cannot do that, it is worth a call to AT&T to find out why both HD streams aren't available on your DVR.

Re: Recording 2 HD Shows at same time

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 10:20:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am not able to watch an HD while recording an HD on the same TV. I will check the System Information and it shows more than 1 HD in the profile. I am in the St. Louis market and I think 2 HD should be available. If so sounds like I am going to have to AT&T a call.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am not able to watch an HD while recording an HD on the same TV. I will check the System Information and it shows more than 1 HD in the profile. I am in the St. Louis market and I think 2 HD should be available. If so sounds like I am going to have to AT&T a call.

3 of 4 (1,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 10:54:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

kworks wrote:

Thanks.

Was 1 TV watching an HD program when the recordings started?  Also if the TV is off, but the STB/DVR is still on, it is still using whatever stream was on when the TV was turned off. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

kworks wrote:

Thanks.

Was 1 TV watching an HD program when the recordings started?  Also if the TV is off, but the STB/DVR is still on, it is still using whatever stream was on when the TV was turned off. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,810 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments