Helpful Links

Recorded programs stopping before end time -- BUT

Tutor

Recorded programs stopping before end time -- BUT

2 times this weekend I had programs scheduled to record that recorded fine BUT in the DVR program listing they show as only partially recording.

1 program set to record 6 hours only shows 1 hour 33 minutes in the listing. The second set to record 4 hours only shows 33 minutes in the listing.

Both of these programs were actually completely recorded but once they get to the time show in the listing I can no longer fat forward, pause, or back up (can actually back up but it backs up to the time shown in the DVR listing).

Any ideas on how to be able to fast forward these programs? Any ideas how to make sure this does not continue to happen?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Expert

Re: Recorded programs stopping before end time -- BUT

Try a hard reboot of your DVR by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

Message 2 of 11
Tutor

Hard re-boot did not help

Message 3 of 11
Expert

Do a reboot of your Residential Gateway (RG).

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

Did that also. No change.

Message 5 of 11
Expert

Did this happen on shows on a specific channel or several different ones?  Is there a specific day or time these occurences happened?  Also, do you see the same listing on all of your stbs when you go to the recorded programs list.  I don't have a solution to how to ff past the specific point.

Message 6 of 11
Mentor

I've had this happen before.   Power outtage stopped the recording.   Are any clocks flashing? 

Message 7 of 11
Explorer

I've had this same thing happen to me and I think it happened when I recorded something late at night/early morning. I can remember at least twice that K-1/Dream fights I recorded on HDNET said they only recorded for 2.5 hours, but the full 6 hours were really there. Isn't there a service call the set top box does at 2-4A or something like that? 

Message 8 of 11
Expert

WhiplashChick wrote:

I've had this same thing happen to me and I think it happened when I recorded something late at night/early morning. I can remember at least twice that K-1/Dream fights I recorded on HDNET said they only recorded for 2.5 hours, but the full 6 hours were really there. Isn't there a service call the set top box does at 2-4A or something like that? 

For the most part ATT usually does maintenance over night.  So your recording could have been interrupted by the rollout of an update/upgrade that caused your dvr to reboot.

Message 9 of 11
Explorer

RCSMG wrote:

WhiplashChick wrote:

For the most part ATT usually does maintenance over night.  So your recording could have been interrupted by the rollout of an update/upgrade that caused your dvr to reboot.

I've had a reboot happen, but usually it just displays the incorrect recording time. The whole 6 hours was there; I just couldn't FF or pause properly after the 2.5 mark. I was happy the recording was there. Not being able to FF or pause was a minor inconvenience.

Message 10 of 11
Expert

There have been some strange anomalies show up with the Uverse service lately.  I think it is due to updates and upgrades that are being rolledout, that have unexpected side effects. The Uverse techs are working to get them resolved as fast as they can.

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support