Realtime Unable to Connect

Highlighted
Mentor

Realtime Unable to Connect

Could anyone help me w/ why the Realtime is unable to connect w/ my router?  The Network adapter 'Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter NDIS5 Driver (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler) ' on local host" is what it shows in the Network interface for the STB communications.  BTW, I am using Linksys WRT400N Dual Band Wireless-N Router to hook my computer up to the internet along w/ all my ethernet connections for my a/v system.

Thanks,

Bob

PS    I did a screen shot of the realtime program and do not seem to see a way to post it in this post.

Message 1 of 6 (916 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Realtime Unable to Connect

You can't go thru a router (won't pass the data through correctly), have be connected by ethernet or some 'n' wirelesses to the RG to connect properly. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (916 Views)
Mentor

Hi Chris.  You are correct.  I figured out how to get the program to function with the correct IP address.  Now that I have connected, the only thing that doesn't appear to be working is the "Channel/Streams" tab.  I have no info in that tab and the recommended profile is 32/5-where or how do I determine what profile I am using and the best way to get to the recommended profile (32/5)?

Thanks,

Bob.

Message 3 of 6 (916 Views)
Expert

The Channels/Streams feature will not work if you are on a computer that is behind your own router.  The computer must be connected on the same network as the RG in order for that feature to work.  The types of packets that UVRT needs to inspect to get the channels/streams data will not pass through a consumer router.

Your current profile is shown on the IP/Profile tab, in the Profile and Errors section.

If the current profile and the recommended profile match, the recommended profile will be highlighted in green.  If the recommended profile is highlighted in red, then it doesn't match.

To post a screenshot, save a screenshot in the program as a .png file (the default).  When posting here, click on the "Insert/Edit Image" icon in the toolbar (just to the right of the chain link icon which can insert a hyperlink).  Browse to the .png file that you saved and then click Insert Image.

Message 4 of 6 (916 Views)
ACE - Expert

You have to turn on the 'channels/streams' in the configuration tab.  You can post a screenshot of both the 'IP profile' and 'bitloading' tabs in this thread and we can offer suggestions.  Use the 'insert an image' link (the little tree) from the saved screenshots on your computer.

1817i5582AB8C86210929

1818i66A9A2EC0768E428

It will look like this when yours are approved, I happen to be close to the VRAD and have a very robust signal. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (916 Views)
Mentor

Thanks SomeJoe777-here are a couple of pics of my setup-any suggestions for improvement?  Also, how do I determine which TV is source 1,2,3,4?

Bob

1819i33E854D166CC368A1820i12A3B6C01BFEFF701821iC735785BCFADAE351822i9E4E1FB687F6042D

Message 6 of 6 (916 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.