Helpful Links

Really! Only 4 streams into the house! Really.

Contributor

Really! Only 4 streams into the house! Really.

Just switch over to the Uverse and I really want to say that its great but I can't. Don't get me wrong its really good but not great. The only problem I see with uverse is the limited live streams.  Only 4 in a home with 8 set top boxes is cutting it way to close. I knew this going in but wanted to give Uverse a shot.  I have a large family of 6 and 4 live streams is just not enough. We would need at the very least 5 live streams. Does anyone know when or if ATT will up there number of live stream?

Florissant MO

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: Really! Only 4 streams into the house! Really.

Your guess is as good as mine.  In the year and a half that i have had Uverse I think that they have come a long ways.  Are they perfect, no.  Is there room for improvement.  Yes.  But still all in all, considering how long they have been around, i think that they are doing good.  However i will admit that if one has a large family with multi TVs, then Uverser might not be the best choice for you.

Message 2 of 10
ACE - Master

stevenbolds wrote:

Just switch over to the Uverse and I really want to say that its great but I can't. Don't get me wrong its really good but not great. The only problem I see with uverse is the limited live streams.  Only 4 in a home with 8 set top boxes is cutting it way to close. I knew this going in but wanted to give Uverse a shot.  I have a large family of 6 and 4 live streams is just not enough. We would need at the very least 5 live streams. Does anyone know when or if ATT will up there number of live stream?

Florissant MO

It is possible that they will up the # of streams but no one knows.  Since I subscribed in Oct 2008, that # has remained constant.  They have increased the # of HD streams, hoiwever.  

Unfortunately you have discovered a consquence of not researching a TV provider before switching.  Other providers may offer unlimited streams but (for now) it is hard to share DVR'd material from one DVR to others in the home and those extra DVR's get costly.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
Expert

He did say he knew this going in (did his research), but decided to give it a shot. Smiley Wink

When I signed up nearly 4 years ago, I had a profile of 5SD streams, 0HD streams.  I could watch/record a combination of 5SD programs.  At that time, I did not have the HD subscription; once I signed up for HD, my profile came under the 4 stream limit like everyone else.

I had a screenshot of my TV showing the 5SD/0HD profile, but it got lost in the recent merge. Smiley Sad

But I'd say more streams are possible...one day, eventually.

Message 4 of 10
Expert

6 streams would be nice.

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

spd2demun,

So, at one time you may have been provisioned for a total of 5SD streams? If I’m reading that correctly, it must be possible to have more that 4 streams. I sure it is.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Expert

But keep in mind, that was 5 SD streams.  When I started, there was only 1HD offered on UV!

So making 5HD streams might be a bit more taxing, or take longer to implement.

Message 7 of 10
Teacher

...wait, you would need 8 set top boxes?

Did anybody else catch that? That's a lot of televisions!

Message 8 of 10
Expert

Large family!

Message 9 of 10
Expert

I understand the OPs dissatisfaction, but if research was done of the Uverse service.  And that was a good things.  To subscribe to the Uverse service with it's 4 streams was not a good thing if any more than 4 channels are watched at any one time.  Even though while all 4 streams are being used for viewing and/or recording, the recorded programs can still be viewed on other televisions simultaneously.

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support