Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 1, 2007
2:39:59 AM
RG/2Wire Excessive Sessions Warning
(from post at Uusers)
This has been happening for about 4 days now, and I have pretty much ignored it as more weirdness at my place. Cheesy  I saved the message URL's; if they don't work for you, post back and I'll paste the text:

EXCESSIVE SESSIONS WARNING
http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=HURL07
(my laptop's network name was listed as the offender)

AFTER you hit "Continue"
http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=HURL00

On the above, if you DON'T hit "Continue", you cannot access the Net (including pages that are already open).  After 'continue', then you must close all browser pages.  Sad

Tier II had never seen this before, and asked another Tier II about it.  The first thing that was suggested (as I knew they'd ask) is that someone at our house was downloading excessive amounts, such as at Limewire, BitTorrent...no one does that here.  So, T2 just said to check the box that says 'don't annoy me again with this message' Wink

But I'm posting here in case someone else has seen it, or sees it in the future.

And to get opinions on what this message REALLY is, if anything. 
I hope they are not trying to cap people like Comcast is doing. Shocked

BTW, I have only been seeing this since after the new RG firmware. 
Or maybe it has something to do with ATT's 2Wire external card?
(from post at Uusers)
This has been happening for about 4 days now, and I have pretty much ignored it as more weirdness at my place. Cheesy  I saved the message URL's; if they don't work for you, post back and I'll paste the text:

EXCESSIVE SESSIONS WARNING
http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=HURL07
(my laptop's network name was listed as the offender)

AFTER you hit "Continue"
http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=HURL00

On the above, if you DON'T hit "Continue", you cannot access the Net (including pages that are already open).  After 'continue', then you must close all browser pages.  Sad

Tier II had never seen this before, and asked another Tier II about it.  The first thing that was suggested (as I knew they'd ask) is that someone at our house was downloading excessive amounts, such as at Limewire, BitTorrent...no one does that here.  So, T2 just said to check the box that says 'don't annoy me again with this message' Wink

But I'm posting here in case someone else has seen it, or sees it in the future.

And to get opinions on what this message REALLY is, if anything. 
I hope they are not trying to cap people like Comcast is doing. Shocked

BTW, I have only been seeing this since after the new RG firmware. 
Or maybe it has something to do with ATT's 2Wire external card?

RG/2Wire Excessive Sessions Warning

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2007 11:35:10 AM
(0)
Professor
That means somehow it got enabled in the firewall. To turn it off (or on) you have to go here and uncheck the Excessive Session Detection option.
That means somehow it got enabled in the firewall. To turn it off (or on) you have to go here and uncheck the Excessive Session Detection option.

Re: RG/2Wire Excessive Sessions Warning

2 of 5 (4,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2007 1:02:48 PM
(0)
Expert
Mine is ALREADY UNchecked?

Uturnaroun wrote:

Uturnaroun wrote:

3 of 5 (4,417 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2007 10:09:00 PM
(0)
Mentor
yeah a lot of times they will already be unchecked. file sharing programs like napster and any type of game that pings a long list of servers could trigger the message so 2Wire thought it best to disable this msg in future versions.
yeah a lot of times they will already be unchecked. file sharing programs like napster and any type of game that pings a long list of servers could trigger the message so 2Wire thought it best to disable this msg in future versions.

4 of 5 (4,417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2007 10:20:59 PM
(0)
Expert
I forgot to mention that I discovered why it was UNchecked--that is what happens automatically when you check the box that says 'don't bother me again with these warnings' (or something like that) on the page that comes up with the warnings.  Tier II said to check that box so the warnings would no longer pop up; and in doing so, it unchecks the Excessive Session Detection option. :smileywink:

Now, the mystery is, how did it get changed in the first place?  Could have been the RG Reset the tech did, who knows.  But it is fixed and I am happy.:smileyhappy:

spd2demun wrote:

Uturnaroun wrote:

I forgot to mention that I discovered why it was UNchecked--that is what happens automatically when you check the box that says 'don't bother me again with these warnings' (or something like that) on the page that comes up with the warnings.  Tier II said to check that box so the warnings would no longer pop up; and in doing so, it unchecks the Excessive Session Detection option. :smileywink:

Now, the mystery is, how did it get changed in the first place?  Could have been the RG Reset the tech did, who knows.  But it is fixed and I am happy.:smileyhappy:

spd2demun wrote:

Uturnaroun wrote:

5 of 5 (4,417 Views)