Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 17, 2009
9:52:26 PM
View profile
RF remote
I have two HD TVs that are attached to the wall and their receivers are behind the wall in a closet. I need RF remote to be able to control my U-Verse receivers. Right now I have Directv but I like to convert to U-verse and the only thing that stops me from doing so is that ATT technicians say they dont have a solution to this problem yet. Anyone knows what to do? Why doesnt ATT provide Radio Frequency remote controleres/receivers like Directv and Dish network? They are losing many customers for this reason who would otherwise get U-Verse.
I have two HD TVs that are attached to the wall and their receivers are behind the wall in a closet. I need RF remote to be able to control my U-Verse receivers. Right now I have Directv but I like to convert to U-verse and the only thing that stops me from doing so is that ATT technicians say they dont have a solution to this problem yet. Anyone knows what to do? Why doesnt ATT provide Radio Frequency remote controleres/receivers like Directv and Dish network? They are losing many customers for this reason who would otherwise get U-Verse.

RF remote

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2009 10:23:04 PM
(0)
Expert
Think some have had luck with extenders?
Think some have had luck with extenders?

Re: RF remote

2 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2009 6:47:30 AM
(0)
Master

nm4ever wrote:

Simple, because they do not have dual tuner boxes like the satellite providers do so there is no purpose for a "remote" remote. If you look into the features on your sattellite boxes I'm sure you'll find that only one of the remotes for the dual tuners is RF, and the other is IR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

nm4ever wrote:

Simple, because they do not have dual tuner boxes like the satellite providers do so there is no purpose for a "remote" remote. If you look into the features on your sattellite boxes I'm sure you'll find that only one of the remotes for the dual tuners is RF, and the other is IR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neon_sign.jpg

3 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2009 9:42:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
So where does this leave me? I cant have U-Verse?

4 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2009 9:57:52 AM
(0)
Master

nm4ever wrote:

Up a creek, unless you buy some kind of IR repeater system. Sorry.

nm4ever wrote:

Up a creek, unless you buy some kind of IR repeater system. Sorry.

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2009 5:10:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
if you go to store.att.com you can find a RF remote sold by AT&T for Uverse :smileyvery-happy:
if you go to store.att.com you can find a RF remote sold by AT&T for Uverse :smileyvery-happy:

6 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2009 5:35:36 PM
(0)
Mentor
Correct, their is a RF remote available in the att store if you are willing to purchase it. Their is also an EasyFind remote for people who lose their remotes like crazy.
Message Edited by nazerith on 10-30-2009 05:36 PM
Correct, their is a RF remote available in the att store if you are willing to purchase it. Their is also an EasyFind remote for people who lose their remotes like crazy.
Message Edited by nazerith on 10-30-2009 05:36 PM

7 of 8 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2009 9:05:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
Yes, there is already an RF remote being sold out by ATT Uverse. Just go to store.att.com.  
Yes, there is already an RF remote being sold out by ATT Uverse. Just go to store.att.com.  

8 of 8 (396 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments