RF remote

Contributor

RF remote

I have two HD TVs that are attached to the wall and their receivers are behind the wall in a closet. I need RF remote to be able to control my U-Verse receivers. Right now I have Directv but I like to convert to U-verse and the only thing that stops me from doing so is that ATT technicians say they dont have a solution to this problem yet. Anyone knows what to do? Why doesnt ATT provide Radio Frequency remote controleres/receivers like Directv and Dish network? They are losing many customers for this reason who would otherwise get U-Verse.
Message 1 of 8 (398 Views)
Expert

Re: RF remote

Think some have had luck with extenders?
Message 2 of 8 (398 Views)

nm4ever wrote:
I have two HD TVs that are attached to the wall and their receivers are behind the wall in a closet. I need RF remote to be able to control my U-Verse receivers. Right now I have Directv but I like to convert to U-verse and the only thing that stops me from doing so is that ATT technicians say they dont have a solution to this problem yet. Anyone knows what to do? Why doesnt ATT provide Radio Frequency remote controleres/receivers like Directv and Dish network? They are losing many customers for this reason who would otherwise get U-Verse.

Simple, because they do not have dual tuner boxes like the satellite providers do so there is no purpose for a "remote" remote. If you look into the features on your sattellite boxes I'm sure you'll find that only one of the remotes for the dual tuners is RF, and the other is IR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

Message 3 of 8 (398 Views)
Contributor

So where does this leave me? I cant have U-Verse?
Message 4 of 8 (398 Views)

nm4ever wrote:
So where does this leave me? I cant have U-Verse?

Up a creek, unless you buy some kind of IR repeater system. Sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

Message 5 of 8 (398 Views)
Contributor

if you go to store.att.com you can find a RF remote sold by AT&T for Uverse :smileyvery-happy:
Message 6 of 8 (398 Views)
Mentor

Correct, their is a RF remote available in the att store if you are willing to purchase it. Their is also an EasyFind remote for people who lose their remotes like crazy.
Message Edited by nazerith on 10-30-2009 05:36 PM
Message 7 of 8 (398 Views)
Teacher

Yes, there is already an RF remote being sold out by ATT Uverse. Just go to store.att.com.  
Message 8 of 8 (398 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.