Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 14, 2010
7:25:06 AM
Protect a Series ONLY Online?? How DUMB is this??!! How about some BASIC SENSE???

Hi...

Some of you might remember my older post "Get Heard - Where are these features on Uverse?? from back in November.  I am sooooooo happy to say (**sarcastic** of course) that out of the DOZENS of comments from me and many others, basically NOTHING has been done to update any of what has been missing from the service.  Again, these were NOT pie-in-the-sky WISHES for the future; these were ALLLLLLL options that have been found with DVR services for YEARS AND YEARS.  And to NOT include them in AT&T's super-high-tech-high-quality-better-than-the rest service is absurd.

Actually just a wee bit less absurd than the fact that there really has not been ANY MEANINGFUL UPDATES to the service since AT LEAST (my post in) November.  There has been an App here or there or the implementation of widespread caller ID information.

WHOOPEE.

How about some BASIC SENSE into the BASIC FUNCTIONING of the DVR??  Again, see the link to my post above...I do NOT need to rehash the dozens of basic, basic simple suggestions.

However, I have a NEW ONE that I have discovered....LOVE THIS!!!

If you set up the recording of a SERIES through your television (and correct me if I am wrong) it is IMPOSSIBLE...a customer is UNABLE to choose a setting to protect ("until I erase") the WHOLE SERIES AND ALL FUTURE RECORDINGS.  That option, as far as I can see, is NOT AVAILABLE on the TV when using the TV to set up the series recording.

Now get this...

if you sign in online to manage your DVR and set up the recording of a SERIES, then you CAN choose to protect the ENTIRE SERIES along with your confirmation of the series recording.

in other words, you can ONLY protect the series by setting up the recording ONLINE!!

HOW DUMB IS THAT??  How ANNOYING??  If I am sitting in bed and want to set up a series recording and protect it from being erased I have to get OUT of bed, turn ON the computer and SIGN IN ONLINE to do this??

This is EXACCCCCTLY what I am talking about.  Simple, easy and DUMB thing that are left ouf of the service.  How many people work on the features of this Uverse product??  A few??  Dozens?  MANY dozens??  NO ONE thinks to protect a Series FROM THE TV??  No, no, no...lets FORCE a person to go ONLINE to protect a series??!!

Let's allow a user to scroll the list of recorded items but have it STOP at the "Z" bottom of the list instead of LOOPING back to "A" at the top....

Let's allow a customer to erase ONLY ONE RECORDING AT A TIME on the TV unless they sign in to manage their DVR online....

Let's search ONLY or name of a show or actor.  Let's make it IMPOSSIBLE to search for the words in the DESCRIPTION of the TV show....

Whoops...I APOLOGIZE...i started rewriting the list of features NOT on UVerse that ARE on other services for YEARS from my November post...

Scott

Hi...

Some of you might remember my older post "Get Heard - Where are these features on Uverse?? from back in November.  I am sooooooo happy to say (**sarcastic** of course) that out of the DOZENS of comments from me and many others, basically NOTHING has been done to update any of what has been missing from the service.  Again, these were NOT pie-in-the-sky WISHES for the future; these were ALLLLLLL options that have been found with DVR services for YEARS AND YEARS.  And to NOT include them in AT&T's super-high-tech-high-quality-better-than-the rest service is absurd.

Actually just a wee bit less absurd than the fact that there really has not been ANY MEANINGFUL UPDATES to the service since AT LEAST (my post in) November.  There has been an App here or there or the implementation of widespread caller ID information.

WHOOPEE.

How about some BASIC SENSE into the BASIC FUNCTIONING of the DVR??  Again, see the link to my post above...I do NOT need to rehash the dozens of basic, basic simple suggestions.

However, I have a NEW ONE that I have discovered....LOVE THIS!!!

If you set up the recording of a SERIES through your television (and correct me if I am wrong) it is IMPOSSIBLE...a customer is UNABLE to choose a setting to protect ("until I erase") the WHOLE SERIES AND ALL FUTURE RECORDINGS.  That option, as far as I can see, is NOT AVAILABLE on the TV when using the TV to set up the series recording.

Now get this...

if you sign in online to manage your DVR and set up the recording of a SERIES, then you CAN choose to protect the ENTIRE SERIES along with your confirmation of the series recording.

in other words, you can ONLY protect the series by setting up the recording ONLINE!!

HOW DUMB IS THAT??  How ANNOYING??  If I am sitting in bed and want to set up a series recording and protect it from being erased I have to get OUT of bed, turn ON the computer and SIGN IN ONLINE to do this??

This is EXACCCCCTLY what I am talking about.  Simple, easy and DUMB thing that are left ouf of the service.  How many people work on the features of this Uverse product??  A few??  Dozens?  MANY dozens??  NO ONE thinks to protect a Series FROM THE TV??  No, no, no...lets FORCE a person to go ONLINE to protect a series??!!

Let's allow a user to scroll the list of recorded items but have it STOP at the "Z" bottom of the list instead of LOOPING back to "A" at the top....

Let's allow a customer to erase ONLY ONE RECORDING AT A TIME on the TV unless they sign in to manage their DVR online....

Let's search ONLY or name of a show or actor.  Let's make it IMPOSSIBLE to search for the words in the DESCRIPTION of the TV show....

Whoops...I APOLOGIZE...i started rewriting the list of features NOT on UVerse that ARE on other services for YEARS from my November post...

Scott

Protect a Series ONLY Online?? How DUMB is this??!! How about some BASIC SENSE???

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2010 5:09:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not being funny with these questions.  Are you not happy with Uverse?  Are you still a sub, and if you are why haven't you gone to another service provider who has the features you want?

Not being funny with these questions.  Are you not happy with Uverse?  Are you still a sub, and if you are why haven't you gone to another service provider who has the features you want?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Protect a Series ONLY Online?? How DUMB is this??!! How about some BASIC SENSE???

2 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 12:02:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree fully with your post(s).   As I've explored U-verse since it was installed a few months ago, I am more disappointed at each new finding.   There is just some basic functionality missing from the Guide, DVR controls, etc.   I'll be suffering through the service interruptions (twice daily), low quality DVR control, very low quality channel guide, billing mistakes, etc.. for a few more months, while I'm busy with my first grandchild's arrival and house renovations.  Then I'll have the time to dedicate to researching a U-verse replacement.   Lesson learned:  I'll be reading the boards of other services before I jump from AT&T.  

I agree fully with your post(s).   As I've explored U-verse since it was installed a few months ago, I am more disappointed at each new finding.   There is just some basic functionality missing from the Guide, DVR controls, etc.   I'll be suffering through the service interruptions (twice daily), low quality DVR control, very low quality channel guide, billing mistakes, etc.. for a few more months, while I'm busy with my first grandchild's arrival and house renovations.  Then I'll have the time to dedicate to researching a U-verse replacement.   Lesson learned:  I'll be reading the boards of other services before I jump from AT&T.  

Re: Protect a Series ONLY Online?? How DUMB is this??!! How about some BASIC SENSE???

3 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 12:35:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Contact David and his tier 2 team here:
http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Provide all info required and it might take a short bit of time before they contact you. Give a good phone # and time to call. They will solve your problems that they can, good luck.  :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contact David and his tier 2 team here:
http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Provide all info required and it might take a short bit of time before they contact you. Give a good phone # and time to call. They will solve your problems that they can, good luck.  :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (366 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2010 1:28:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

Because from couple houndred AT&T reps ... David is pretty much only AT&T employee who can solve problems for customers .... hmmm this tells me a lot of good things about our AT&T provider

Because from couple houndred AT&T reps ... David is pretty much only AT&T employee who can solve problems for customers .... hmmm this tells me a lot of good things about our AT&T provider

5 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2010 12:22:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

RCSMG wrote:

Uh boy...here we go again...I get these responses ALL THE TIME!!  "if you're not happy, leave...quit your whining...go somewhere else." LOLOL!!!  How is this type of response a MEANINGFUL way to address the shortcomings??

I never said the service was horrible ON THE WHOLE...never said it was worse than Dish that I had previously ON THE WHOLE...never said that I wasn't satisfied on THE AVERAGE.

I just find it odd/dumb/ignorant/DISAPPOINTING that this super duper fancy high speed "we're BETTER than the rest in all aspect" would launch...and be in existence for MANY MANY MONTHS...with A TON of not only intuitive but useful and ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN THE INDUSTRY features MISSING from the service!!

Dontcha think that AT&T would...I don't know...call me crazy...perhaps TRY OUT some other services Dish, Comcast, Tivo, WHATEVER and implement some VERY VERY basic things??  Honestly??  You have to go ONLINE to protect a SERIES??  You CANNOT SCROLL your alphabetical list after X, Y, Z to loop back to A??  I gotta scroll ALLLLLL the way back UP to "A"??  I can't get my programs with the same name in a FOLDER of sorts but ONLY if I record a SERIES??

Is the picture nice and clear?...yeah.  Is the internet fast and consistent?...sure.  Does the DVR have nice recording space?...you bet.

**BUT ARE THERE SIMPLE THINGS THAT ARE MISSING AND SHOULD BE INCLUDED**??...HELL YEAH!!!  COME ON NOW!!!  It is just SILLY that some of the stuff isn't included.

AND WHEN WAS THE LAST **MEANINGFUL UPDATE** FOR FEATURES??????  Oh wait, i had a multi-view for The Masters Golf and I have Caller ID on my TV.  WOW-WEE.  How about getting the BASIC FUNCTIONALITY and USEFUL FEATURES that are on various other providers and have been there FOR YEARS!!1???

Scott

RCSMG wrote:

Uh boy...here we go again...I get these responses ALL THE TIME!!  "if you're not happy, leave...quit your whining...go somewhere else." LOLOL!!!  How is this type of response a MEANINGFUL way to address the shortcomings??

I never said the service was horrible ON THE WHOLE...never said it was worse than Dish that I had previously ON THE WHOLE...never said that I wasn't satisfied on THE AVERAGE.

I just find it odd/dumb/ignorant/DISAPPOINTING that this super duper fancy high speed "we're BETTER than the rest in all aspect" would launch...and be in existence for MANY MANY MONTHS...with A TON of not only intuitive but useful and ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN THE INDUSTRY features MISSING from the service!!

Dontcha think that AT&T would...I don't know...call me crazy...perhaps TRY OUT some other services Dish, Comcast, Tivo, WHATEVER and implement some VERY VERY basic things??  Honestly??  You have to go ONLINE to protect a SERIES??  You CANNOT SCROLL your alphabetical list after X, Y, Z to loop back to A??  I gotta scroll ALLLLLL the way back UP to "A"??  I can't get my programs with the same name in a FOLDER of sorts but ONLY if I record a SERIES??

Is the picture nice and clear?...yeah.  Is the internet fast and consistent?...sure.  Does the DVR have nice recording space?...you bet.

**BUT ARE THERE SIMPLE THINGS THAT ARE MISSING AND SHOULD BE INCLUDED**??...HELL YEAH!!!  COME ON NOW!!!  It is just SILLY that some of the stuff isn't included.

AND WHEN WAS THE LAST **MEANINGFUL UPDATE** FOR FEATURES??????  Oh wait, i had a multi-view for The Masters Golf and I have Caller ID on my TV.  WOW-WEE.  How about getting the BASIC FUNCTIONALITY and USEFUL FEATURES that are on various other providers and have been there FOR YEARS!!1???

Scott

6 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2010 12:25:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

NotSoHappy wrote:

Oye oye!!  I haven't had service interruptions (though AS I TYPE, my phone is OUT!!! LOLOLOL!!) but I didn't even mention the fact that I have been a subscriber since August (9 bills) and ONLY ONE has been correct!!  Things credited, not...things canceled, not...discounts applied, not...a REAL MESS!!

Scott

NotSoHappy wrote:

Oye oye!!  I haven't had service interruptions (though AS I TYPE, my phone is OUT!!! LOLOLOL!!) but I didn't even mention the fact that I have been a subscriber since August (9 bills) and ONLY ONE has been correct!!  Things credited, not...things canceled, not...discounts applied, not...a REAL MESS!!

Scott

7 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2010 7:02:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please forgive my questions. Based on the post I replied to I thought you weren't happy with the service.  And even with what you posted in the above post, and you use of uppercase text I got that idea again.  Glad to know you are basically happy with your service.

Welcome to Uverse.  Enjoy.:smileyvery-happy:

Please forgive my questions. Based on the post I replied to I thought you weren't happy with the service.  And even with what you posted in the above post, and you use of uppercase text I got that idea again.  Glad to know you are basically happy with your service.

Welcome to Uverse.  Enjoy.:smileyvery-happy:

8 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2010 9:47:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

[text removed]

By describing major shortcomings in their system, some users (the non-sheeple) are attempting to (a) get their money's worth, and (b) help U-Verse become a better service.

Whether or not he's happy with his service has no bearing on the logical and factual accuracy of his assertions.

Grow up.

[text removed]

By describing major shortcomings in their system, some users (the non-sheeple) are attempting to (a) get their money's worth, and (b) help U-Verse become a better service.

Whether or not he's happy with his service has no bearing on the logical and factual accuracy of his assertions.

Grow up.

9 of 10 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 11:02:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Scudder wrote:

NotSoHappy wrote:

Scott

Maybe I wasn't clear about who I was directing my question to.

Scudder wrote:

NotSoHappy wrote:

Scott

Maybe I wasn't clear about who I was directing my question to.

10 of 10 (366 Views)