Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Sep 14, 2009
11:14:43 AM
View profile
Programming DVR to record all by Keyword
I would like to record everything with Manchester United in the description so I don't need to individually record every game. Is it possible to record by keyword?
I would like to record everything with Manchester United in the description so I don't need to individually record every game. Is it possible to record by keyword?

Programming DVR to record all by Keyword

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2009 11:24:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
No, the U-verse DVR does not allow you to schedule recordings based on a keyword search.
No, the U-verse DVR does not allow you to schedule recordings based on a keyword search.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Programming DVR to record all by Keyword

2 of 6 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2009 11:38:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thats weak...

Thanks for the quick reply

Thats weak...

3 of 6 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2009 5:29:22 PM
(0)
Professor

Stevensanderson wrote:

Thats weak...

It isn't weak, it is a DVR feature that is patented by TiVo.

Stevensanderson wrote:

Thats weak...

It isn't weak, it is a DVR feature that is patented by TiVo.

4 of 6 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2009 2:52:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

Go to ATT Web Remote Access and you can locate shows by key words AND record them.

Here is the link:

http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/?tz=ET

Go to ATT Web Remote Access and you can locate shows by key words AND record them.

Here is the link:

http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/?tz=ET

5 of 6 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2009 3:10:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't believe the OP wants to manually search for shows each week by a keyword and then indicate which shows he wants to record.  That task can also be performed on either the DVR or the web remote access. 

The OP wants the ability to created a recurring series recording that will automatically find and schedule recordings based on a keyword.  I know this feature is available with Tivo, the Dish Network DVR, and possibly some other provider DVR; however, it is not a feature of the U-verse DVR. 

I don't believe the OP wants to manually search for shows each week by a keyword and then indicate which shows he wants to record.  That task can also be performed on either the DVR or the web remote access. 

The OP wants the ability to created a recurring series recording that will automatically find and schedule recordings based on a keyword.  I know this feature is available with Tivo, the Dish Network DVR, and possibly some other provider DVR; however, it is not a feature of the U-verse DVR. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (879 Views)