Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 6, 2009
8:58:41 AM
Problem connecting to my network
I have an ipod touch and I can't get it to connect to my unverse network. It says jit's connected to the network but will not work when I try to connect to the internet. If it is my network then why can I connect to my pc? I checked my network on my computer and it says its connected. None of this makes sence to me.
Message Edited by TMWilson7196 on 07-06-2009 09:17 AM
I have an ipod touch and I can't get it to connect to my unverse network. It says jit's connected to the network but will not work when I try to connect to the internet. If it is my network then why can I connect to my pc? I checked my network on my computer and it says its connected. None of this makes sence to me.
Message Edited by TMWilson7196 on 07-06-2009 09:17 AM

Problem connecting to my network

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 11:59:00 AM
(0)
Master
In your System Summary on the RG is the Touch listed and check to see if firewall is blocking it also in the menu on the Touch I am Assuming its the same as iPhone do you have ask to join network then it should ask for your password then retain it in the keychain.
In your System Summary on the RG is the Touch listed and check to see if firewall is blocking it also in the menu on the Touch I am Assuming its the same as iPhone do you have ask to join network then it should ask for your password then retain it in the keychain.

Re: Problem connecting to my network

2 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:39:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have no idea what you are talking about. Whats an RG?
I have no idea what you are talking about. Whats an RG?

3 of 10 (545 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:46:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Residential Gateway.  The device that all of the services come into your house, the modem, wireless internet, and distributor of the video streams to the stbs.
Residential Gateway.  The device that all of the services come into your house, the modem, wireless internet, and distributor of the video streams to the stbs.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:56:03 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you.
Thank you.

5 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:57:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Your welcome.
Your welcome.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:58:50 PM
(0)
Teacher
No the touch isn't listed. It had been working until today. I even tried to do a restart on it. I reset it to manufacture mode and still will not connect. Yes it asks to join network and asks for password. I do all that and it says its connected. But when I click on safari and try to go to the web it says its not connected to the internet. I have no clue why it won't connect. If it was something with my network wouldn't I not be able to connect to the internet on my pc?
No the touch isn't listed. It had been working until today. I even tried to do a restart on it. I reset it to manufacture mode and still will not connect. Yes it asks to join network and asks for password. I do all that and it says its connected. But when I click on safari and try to go to the web it says its not connected to the internet. I have no clue why it won't connect. If it was something with my network wouldn't I not be able to connect to the internet on my pc?

7 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 8:17:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I had that problem last week.  My computer would disconnect from the internet but it stated I was connected with limited or no connectivity.  I rebooted my computer and everything was fine.  I don't know if you have contacted ts at Uverse, but if you have the number to ts of the manufacturer of your computer I suggest calling them also.  I don't think this is the fault of your Uverse equipment but there may be a setting that you have over looked.  There are others here that can give you a lot more help than I can, and I am sure they will when they log in.  Either way someone will get you going soon enough.
I had that problem last week.  My computer would disconnect from the internet but it stated I was connected with limited or no connectivity.  I rebooted my computer and everything was fine.  I don't know if you have contacted ts at Uverse, but if you have the number to ts of the manufacturer of your computer I suggest calling them also.  I don't think this is the fault of your Uverse equipment but there may be a setting that you have over looked.  There are others here that can give you a lot more help than I can, and I am sure they will when they log in.  Either way someone will get you going soon enough.

8 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2009 6:43:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks for your help. I ended up having to call att because I was having a problem connected to the internet via my pc. Once we got everything up and running my ipod started working. Again thanks for you help.
Thanks for your help. I ended up having to call att because I was having a problem connected to the internet via my pc. Once we got everything up and running my ipod started working. Again thanks for you help.

9 of 10 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2009 1:35:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Glad it all got worked out for you.  Enjoy.:smileyvery-happy:
Glad it all got worked out for you.  Enjoy.:smileyvery-happy:

10 of 10 (545 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments