Ask a question

Posted Jul 6, 2009
    8:58:41 AM
    Problem connecting to my network
    I have an ipod touch and I can't get it to connect to my unverse network. It says jit's connected to the network but will not work when I try to connect to the internet. If it is my network then why can I connect to my pc? I checked my network on my computer and it says its connected. None of this makes sence to me.
    Message Edited by TMWilson7196 on 07-06-2009 09:17 AM

Problem connecting to my network

9 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (9)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 11:59:00 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    In your System Summary on the RG is the Touch listed and check to see if firewall is blocking it also in the menu on the Touch I am Assuming its the same as iPhone do you have ask to join network then it should ask for your password then retain it in the keychain.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problem connecting to my network

2 of 10 (533 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 7:39:23 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Whats an RG?

3 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 7:46:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Residential Gateway.  The device that all of the services come into your house, the modem, wireless internet, and distributor of the video streams to the stbs.
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 7:56:03 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Thank you.

5 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 7:57:14 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Your welcome.

6 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 7:58:50 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    No the touch isn't listed. It had been working until today. I even tried to do a restart on it. I reset it to manufacture mode and still will not connect. Yes it asks to join network and asks for password. I do all that and it says its connected. But when I click on safari and try to go to the web it says its not connected to the internet. I have no clue why it won't connect. If it was something with my network wouldn't I not be able to connect to the internet on my pc?

7 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2009 8:17:44 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    I had that problem last week.  My computer would disconnect from the internet but it stated I was connected with limited or no connectivity.  I rebooted my computer and everything was fine.  I don't know if you have contacted ts at Uverse, but if you have the number to ts of the manufacturer of your computer I suggest calling them also.  I don't think this is the fault of your Uverse equipment but there may be a setting that you have over looked.  There are others here that can give you a lot more help than I can, and I am sure they will when they log in.  Either way someone will get you going soon enough.

8 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 7, 2009 6:43:59 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    Thanks for your help. I ended up having to call att because I was having a problem connected to the internet via my pc. Once we got everything up and running my ipod started working. Again thanks for you help.

9 of 10 (533 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 8, 2009 1:35:51 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert
    Glad it all got worked out for you.  Enjoy.:smileyvery-happy:

10 of 10 (533 Views)