Possible New iNID

Expert

Possible New iNID

I was browsing through my line stats database today and saw something interesting.

 

I have about 25 iNID (i3812V) entries in the database, all of them are hardware version 2700-000679-004, which is a variant of what's in the standard 3800HGV-B router.

 

But today, there's an odd one in there:  An iNID that has hardware version 000705-004, which is a variant of the hardware version used for the new 3801HGV (newer RG, hardware version 000778-004).

 

It would appear that there may be a new revision of the iNID being looked at or tested, which has the newer chipset in it that the 3801HGVs have.  This may continue to improve the iNID's pair-bonding service, which appears subject to several little issues that are sometimes not easy to correct.

 

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting.  The line stats database in general is picking up some unusual things, including 5 people who have or are testing 3801HGV routers.

 

Message 1 of 40 (2,789 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

I saw over in UU Employee section they posted they will only use up the current iNids as there is a problem and a redesign will occur to fix the problem. :smileywink:


Chris

____________________________________________________________________________

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Guru

Re: Possible New iNID

Dumb question... if they know that these iNIDs have a major flaw why continue to use them?  Doesn't make sense.  Why not chuck them into digital trash bin?

 

Oh wait, did AT&T buy a crap load of these?  There's an answer for that dilemma.  Make 2Wire buy them all back.

Message 3 of 40 (2,744 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

 


trparky wrote:

Dumb question... if they know that these iNIDs have a major flaw why continue to use them?  Doesn't make sense.  Why not chuck them into digital trash bin?

 

Oh wait, did AT&T buy a crap load of these?  There's an answer for that dilemma.  Make 2Wire buy them all back.


tparky, you should know it's SOP for ATT to just use what they have, even if possibly defective.  They did it with the old splitters, some were still being installed, even after ATT knew they were the problem. :smileywink:

 


Chris

_________________________________________________________________________

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

And they'll spend more $ in the end with truck rolls to unhappy customers to replace the equipment.  :smileysad:

Message 5 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Guru

Re: Possible New iNID

 


spd2demun wrote:

And they'll spend more $ in the end with truck rolls to unhappy customers to replace the equipment.  :smileysad:


 

That's what makes no sense and has never made any sense with AT&T!

 

You know what else doesn't make any sense?  I'll tell you.

 

Take your typical copper lines found in your typical "older" neighborhood, you know... the lines that Mr. Squirrel has been dining on for the last fifty years or more.  One of the biggest issues that uVerse runs into is the fact that the lines are bad and because the lines are bad the services barely work or it doesn't work at all.  Then they come up with ways to hack around these issues (*cough* pair bonding *cough*) where if they simply replaced all the copper lines the uVerse service would work better from the start, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with hacks to make it work on marginal lines (*cough* pair bonding *cough*), and finally, no more REDOs!!!!

 

I hear over on the uVerse Users Forum in which employees are complaining about 60 hour work weeks and mandated overtime.  I have to ask how many of those jobs are for REDOs either being service troubleshooting or fixing bad installs.  I can't imagine how much money is wasted on REDOs whereas if things were done right the first time they wouldn't be having all those REDOs and second you'll be having far more happy customers.

 

But, this situation we have now is what you get when companies live and breathe by the spreadsheets.  IDIOTS!  COMPLETE IDIOTS!

Message 6 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Master

Re: Possible New iNID

where do you find this stuff Joe? probably won't understand it but you never know so i wouldn't mind looking and why is it you don't work for 2wire?...

 

http://www.2wire.com/index.php?p=436

Dennis
Message 7 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Mentor

Re: Possible New iNID

trparky, I can think of two ways this makes sense.


1) In the corporate world they only see the next quarter and how they can make a profit for it.  Never much farther then that.  Same for the jerk (I'd get banned for the right word here) that runs AT&T.  He cheapens everything out that way he gets his bonus.  The heck with the company long term!  He, like politicians, will be gone by then leaving that problems to someone else.

 

2) The overtime and plenty of workers makes the unions happy.  Has nothing to do with efficiency or how well the job is done.  Just cash for the unions.

 

So they have their machine running just the way they want it.  The heck with the customers.  A little cynical, eh?

Glynne

 

Message 8 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Guru

Re: Possible New iNID

Yeah well, that's the problem with companies these days.

 

What kind of bonus will I get this quarter?  Will the shareholders be happy?

 

Yeah, so the company is going down the tubes and what does the CEO get?  Oh yeah, that golden parachute in which he still gets tons of cash while the people below him gets screwed over.  Yay capitalism!

 

The whole kind of thinking that companies in the US have is one of the many reasons why we as a nation are in this economic mess that we're in.

Message 9 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

 


showtime48 wrote:

where do you find this stuff Joe? probably won't understand it but you never know so i wouldn't mind looking and why is it you don't work for 2wire?...


I'm quite happy in my current job ... :smileyhappy:

 

 

Message 10 of 40 (2,744 Views)
Employee

Re: Possible New iNID

iNIDs are not used to improve marginal lines, they are used to extend the service a greater distance, and ultimately will be used to expand the bitrate to customers currently out at the edge with lower bitrates..

 

Pretty much anything said on the UU Employees forum can be taken with a mountain of salt ... it's the same few people perpetually complaining. Most of the folks I know that work for AT&T /U-Verse are happy, competent, customer-focused, (frequently Union) folks.

 

 

 


trparky wrote:

 


spd2demun wrote:

And they'll spend more $ in the end with truck rolls to unhappy customers to replace the equipment.  :smileysad:


 

That's what makes no sense and has never made any sense with AT&T!

 

You know what else doesn't make any sense?  I'll tell you.

 

Take your typical copper lines found in your typical "older" neighborhood, you know... the lines that Mr. Squirrel has been dining on for the last fifty years or more.  One of the biggest issues that uVerse runs into is the fact that the lines are bad and because the lines are bad the services barely work or it doesn't work at all.  Then they come up with ways to hack around these issues (*cough* pair bonding *cough*) where if they simply replaced all the copper lines the uVerse service would work better from the start, they wouldn't have to keep coming up with hacks to make it work on marginal lines (*cough* pair bonding *cough*), and finally, no more REDOs!!!!

 

I hear over on the uVerse Users Forum in which employees are complaining about 60 hour work weeks and mandated overtime.  I have to ask how many of those jobs are for REDOs either being service troubleshooting or fixing bad installs.  I can't imagine how much money is wasted on REDOs whereas if things were done right the first time they wouldn't be having all those REDOs and second you'll be having far more happy customers.

 

But, this situation we have now is what you get when companies live and breathe by the spreadsheets.  IDIOTS!  COMPLETE IDIOTS!


 

 

 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 40 (2,378 Views)
Tutor

Re: Possible New iNID

I was activated on Saturday with pair bonding and an INID. I have the 000705-004 version and the

smaller i3812V RG. I have a interleave service as follows:

 

User Rate25307 kbs1420 kbs

 

I am about 4000 feet from the VRAD according to the techs meter. My DSL links have remained

solid and have not retrained since installation 50 hours ago. I am grateful to have service in my

older neighborhood (1960's vintage).

 

Jeff

Message 12 of 40 (2,378 Views)
Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

 


jmw2800 wrote:

I was activated on Saturday with pair bonding and an INID. I have the 000705-004 version and the

smaller i3812V RG. I have a interleave service as follows:

 

 

User Rate 25307 kbs 1420 kbs

 

 

I am about 4000 feet from the VRAD according to the techs meter. My DSL links have remained

solid and have not retrained since installation 50 hours ago. I am grateful to have service in my

older neighborhood (1960's vintage).

 

Jeff


 

That's excellent.  Nice to know that your service is working well at 4000', and you have a solid 25/1.5 profile.

 

Can you please run U-Verse Realtime (available at www.uverserealtime.com) so that your line stats can be added to my database?  The more of these newer iNIDs get in there, the better.

 

Message 13 of 40 (2,378 Views)
Tutor

Re: Possible New iNID

I ran it Saturday night for about 10 minutes. What do I need to do to have it update your

database?

 

Jeff

Message 14 of 40 (2,378 Views)
Expert

Re: Possible New iNID

If you've already run it, then it should already have reported, and will already be in the database.

 

Thanks for your info.

 

Message 15 of 40 (2,378 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.