Philips Home Theatre in a Box & Programming the Volume on the Uverse Remote

Contributor

Philips Home Theatre in a Box & Programming the Volume on the Uverse Remote

I have the Philips Home Theatre in a box (HTS3544)

I have my audio set up through the Philips receiver.  I cannot find a code that works the Philips volume for the Uverse remote.  I found a code that turns the Power off, but does not adjust the volume.

For HTIB do we use the "DVD" button or the "Aux" button?

Thank in advance

Message 1 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Expert

Re: Philips Home Theatre in a Box & Programming the Volume on the Uverse Remote

More codes to try in THIS thread.

Message 2 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Contributor

For HTIB do you use the DVD button or the Aux button?

Message 3 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Expert

I don't have HTIB, but I'd guess Aux would be for the receiver, and DVD for the player?

Huber33 wrote:

For HTIB do you use the DVD button or the Aux button?

Message 4 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Teacher

Your best bet is to use the automatic code finder method.

Lets say u apply the first code that turns the TV off.

Then u test it, and a feature is not working, like volume.

Then do the automatic code finder again.

But this time do not stop when the TV turns off keep press play or FF till it goes back on.

Then test that code, for all features.

This can be done over and over till the perfect code is found.

A lot of times, some models will work with the wrong models codes. Thus giving the impression u got the right code.

Too bad the codes are not tied to a TV model number, would make sense.

Message 5 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Master

Using the U-verse remote and your TV you can also go to Menu > Help > System Set-up > Program your U-verse Remote > Select Remote Type > Program Remote for AUX Device > Home Theater > O-P > Philips > follow instructions.

It should be noted the codes for Philip's HTIB are 4006, 4027, 4039 & 4042 when programming the gray/silver standard remote. Maybe you've already tried using these codes without success.

But if programming the standard black remote the codes are 4000 & 4033 for the Philip's HTIB audio.

As MikeStrider suggested you can use the auto code search method and here is a post my ms8959 explaining the procedure.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Equipment/HOW-TO-GUIDES-INSTRUCTIONS-AND-BASIC-TROUBLESHOOTING/m-p/5628#M141...

Good luck. :smileyhappy:

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 7 (2,075 Views)
Contributor

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. I have Philips HTS3544 and Philips plasma tv.

I have programed TV with uverse standard remote, and with HTIB I was able to control DVD player. Somehow I was not able to switch power off of dvd player, and can not control volume. Its really annoying to handle three remotes.

I have tried all the codes in the list, or in the forum. I have also tried auto search for DVD and AUX but nothing seems to work.  The volume is not controlled by uverse remote.

for HTIB, the dvd codes and audio code is written. Some of DVD code works with DVD player but no control on volume and power off. I am not sure where to enter the audio code for HTIB. Can someone tell me the steps?

Anything can be done for this? Please let me know.

Message 7 of 7 (2,062 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.