Phase 3 update on Xbox 360

Phase 3 update on Xbox 360

I just got the phase 3 update on the Xbox 360 and I noticed a few differences from before.

-New "rethink possible" & blue "at&t U-verse" splash screens, with a swirling loading indicator in the lower right corner

-Apparently the new at&t app will not start if it is not logged into a Xbox Live account. Before you only needed an Xbox Live account to install the app.

- New "Recording Space" feature (in the Recordings catagory), that gives you a visual bar graph of the recording space left plus a numerical estimate of how many hours of SD and HD recording space is remaining. No more going into "system options" to get this information.

-The manipulation of Live TV is "unavailable", perhaps the DVR needs to get an update to complete the process. It does work on channels that are already recording.

-The application still takes time to update the database with your recordings, you still need to wait for the update to complete before attempting to set or watch a recording, otherwise the app may lockup.

Message 1 of 21 (722 Views)

Re: Phase 3 update on Xbox 360

I checked, and my DVR is still on version 1.6 while my Xbox is on 2.0. I am sure once my DVR updates I will be able to manipulate live TV easily on the Xbox...
Message 2 of 21 (716 Views)
ACE - Professor

I also noticed that the skip foward button went from skipping a paltry 7 seconds to a non-existant 0.5 seconds for the Xbox only.
-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 21 (692 Views)

As long as I have been on U-verse that 30 second skip button has never worked as advertised. Other forum members were stating that was by design, but I always attributed it to a programing glitch. In light of this new update, I believe this shows I am right.
Message 4 of 21 (636 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

It's disappointing to hear the skip feature is even worse than before on the Xbox since that's what we use on our main television. 

Message 5 of 21 (627 Views)
Mentor

do you have to do anything to get the update? like restart the application? or just leave it on overnight? seems alot of people in ATL have gotten the update but i have not. just curious what you did to get the update.
Message 6 of 21 (593 Views)
Teacher

I also just got the phase 3 update on our 360s.
After rebooting the dvr I was able to pause live tv from the 360
That is great!!!

I do have one big concern.
As Logical_Dolphin said you now have to log in to Xbox live for the Uverse app to start.
Question is if Xbox live goes down then how do you watch Uverse.
This seems to have the possibility to be a large problem.
Message 7 of 21 (582 Views)

ereet wrote:
do you have to do anything to get the update? like restart the application? or just leave it on overnight? seems alot of people in ATL have gotten the update but i have not. just curious what you did to get the update.

If the update is in your area, the application will prompt you to update as soon as you turn on your Xbox. The first time my Xbox updated to the new app, it happened spontanously about 12:30 AM last Monday.

I am also in the ATL...

Message 8 of 21 (572 Views)

Tidefan wrote:
I also just got the phase 3 update on our 360s.
After rebooting the dvr I was able to pause live tv from the 360
That is great!!!

I do have one big concern.
As Logical_Dolphin said you now have to log in to Xbox live for the Uverse app to start.
Question is if Xbox live goes down then how do you watch Uverse.
This seems to have the possibility to be a large problem.

I'm not sure if you have to be logged into Xbox Live for the app to work, but you do need to have your Xbox Live profile active on your Xbox for the application to launch. Before you could launch the U-verse application without needing to have any Xbox Live profile active...

Message 9 of 21 (571 Views)
Teacher

When I select an Xbox live profile it logs that profile in before starting the App. If I hit cancel instead of one of the profiles it closes the App and says Xbox live is required. Guess we will know for sure next time live is down
Message 10 of 21 (554 Views)
ACE - Professor

You can be disconnected from Xbox Live and still have the TV running. I just tried it out by disconnecting my xbox from the internetafter I had the TV running. Live disconnected but UVerse kept going after I reconnected the cable and changed the channel.
-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 21 (483 Views)
Teacher

americangame wrote:
You can be disconnected from Xbox Live and still have the TV running. I just tried it out by disconnecting my xbox from the internetafter I had the TV running. Live disconnected but UVerse kept going after I reconnected the cable and changed the channel.

So it appears that you only have to be signed in to live during the start up.  Still seems like it could be an issue of not being able to watch Uverse if Live is down.  Can't see why that had to change or why Uverse would let something like that out of their control determine if the App will start or not.

Message 12 of 21 (480 Views)

Tidefan wrote:

americangame wrote:

So it appears that you only have to be signed in to live during the start up.  Still seems like it could be an issue of not being able to watch Uverse if Live is down.  Can't see why that had to change or why Uverse would let something like that out of their control determine if the App will start or not.

I tried pressing the Xbox button so I could logoff of XBL while in the Uverse application. When I did this I get a message that the Uverse application will shutdown.

Message 13 of 21 (459 Views)

at&t employee tnxroger, tells me that the Xbox Live login requirement is an additional security measure instituted by Microsoft.
Message 14 of 21 (409 Views)
Mentor

so if the internet is down (microsoft null route) we can't watch tv? that would be a fatal mistake.

Message 15 of 21 (399 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.