PS3 keeps losing internet connection during online gaming

Teacher

PS3 keeps losing internet connection during online gaming

I have uverse internet with a 2wire modem/router.  My PS3 is connected wirelessly and I put it in a DMZ (DMZplus option is what uverse calls it I believe).  I have no other router connected.  The only game I play online is Modern Warfare 2.  When I connect online it says my NAT type is open.  I usually play online for an hour and during that hour I will lose my connection (time out) during gameplay about 1-2 times requiring me to log back in.  I rarely ever got dropped connections when I had Comcast and had my ps3 connected wirelessly with an Airport Extreme router.  When I check the signal strength of my wifi connection in my ps3 internet settings it hovers between 85-90% so I think I am getting a fairly strong signal.  I haven't really noticed any dropped connections when I use my normal computer though.  Does anyone with a similar setup of their ps3 have any recommendations?  Getting a wired connection to my ps3 is not feasable

Message 1 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Teacher

Re: PS3 keeps losing internet connection during online gaming

Really no response after 2 hours.  This forum blows.

Message 2 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Expert

We love you too.  :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

If only your love could fix my problem.  But I am sad to say your love and your help is as cheap as a bangkok hooker. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Expert

Don't stop, keep them coming!  :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Expert

SEARCH revealed these; might find an answer there.:smileysurprised:

I don't game or PS3.

surf1der wrote:

I have uverse internet with a 2wire modem/router.  My PS3 is connected wirelessly and I put it in a DMZ (DMZplus option is what uverse calls it I believe).  I have no other router connected.  The only game I play online is Modern Warfare 2.  When I connect online it says my NAT type is open.  I usually play online for an hour and during that hour I will lose my connection (time out) during gameplay about 1-2 times requiring me to log back in.  I rarely ever got dropped connections when I had Comcast and had my ps3 connected wirelessly with an Airport Extreme router.  When I check the signal strength of my wifi connection in my ps3 internet settings it hovers between 85-90% so I think I am getting a fairly strong signal.  I haven't really noticed any dropped connections when I use my normal computer though.  Does anyone with a similar setup of their ps3 have any recommendations?  Getting a wired connection to my ps3 is not feasable

Message 6 of 6 (2,050 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.