PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

Scholar

PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

PROGAMMING THE BLACK REMOTE

1. Press AT&T and Enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

3. Press AT&T and release (otherwise you can't control channels).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.
4. Press and release AT&T. Test out the power control.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 955.
3. Press the mode that you want to control the volume (TV, DVD, AT&T, AUX).
4. Press and release AT&T. Test the volume control.

Message 1 of 30
Scholar

Re: PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

Nope it's not the RF remote. It looks just like the regular silver one but it's black with slightly different programming for the TV code. Everything else is the same though.

Message 16 of 30
Expert

I got two more black remotes from ATT yesterday.  They are really good for replacing remotes when the gray ones fail.  So far the black ones work pretty good.  There are two ways to program them, and ATT put manuals and batteries in the remotes.  Good job ATT:smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 30
Expert

Thanks...I've got 2 out of 4 that are on the fritz, never had problems in going on 4 yrs.  :smileysad:  And batteries are new, no stuck buttons, just not responsive.

Silgon25 wrote:

Nope it's not the RF remote. It looks just like the regular silver one but it's black with slightly different programming for the TV code. Everything else is the same though.

Message 18 of 30
Scholar

THIS IS THE CORRECT POST - sorry the last one had the first step wrong...

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

PROGAMMING THE BLACK REMOTE

1. Press mode key and Enter. Release both keys. (mode key down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

3. Press AT&T and release (otherwise you can't control channels).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press mode key and enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.
4. Press and release AT&T. Test out the power control.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.
3. Press the mode that you want to control the volume (TV, DVD, AT&T, AUX).
4. Press and release AT&T. Test the volume control.

Message 19 of 30
Expert

Thanks for posting this one.

Message 20 of 30
Contributor

Tried to program the volume on my S10-S1 to recognize my Yamaha receiver using the corresponding AT&T supplied codelist to no avail.  Tried your recommended steps and came close to achieving the desired goal; however, as bizarre as it may seem... pressing the S10-S1 volume button results in a increase in volume if I select the (-) and does nothing at all if I press the (+). Code 955 definitely wasn't one of the codes offered for Yamaha and yet it' doing something versus absolutely nothing. Suggestions anyone?!

Message 21 of 30
Contributor

Discovered yesterday that while pressing the (+) on the S10-S1 remote does nothing and pressing the (-) actually INCREASES the volume. Today discovered that pressing (MUTE) will DECREASE the volume. Too funny! While a bit unorthodox... I'll take it!

Message 22 of 30
Tutor

How do I go about getting a replacement remote? One of my gray remotes has become quite flaky lately (and yes, I replaced the batteries already)

Message 23 of 30
Expert

Just call the 2020 number in my signature; ATT will send you one(s) for free.

Message 24 of 30
Tutor

Awesome, thanks!

Message 25 of 30
Expert

YW. 

If they try to tell you otherwise, let us know. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 30
Contributor

I appreciate the OP.  I found this answer after googling jvc codes without success and finally googling the ATT remote.  Wanted to control the volume on a JVC receiver, RX-552VBK; it's manual includes no codes.  The regular receiver program codes supplied in the ATT Uverse remote setup for JVC receivers didn't work; the power was controlled on the receiver, but volume continued to control the Vizio TV, even under Aux mode on the remote.

Actually, I used the steps above but included THREE modes, so now the power button controls power on the uverse box, the tv, AND the receiver/amp.  Awesome.  Also, I can now control volume on the receiver, without switching modes on the remote.

The one ability which would allow me to avoid mode keys entirely, is if there is an ATT remote code to map the TV/VIDEO button to pull up the input-selection menu on my Vizio TV.  Actually, I guess that would be an issues because I then still have to be able to have something to move up and down the menu for selection of HDMI, RGB, etc.  If anyone has ideas to make this work, please post it.

thanks again.

Message 27 of 30
Tutor

Has anyone found a resolution to the (-) increasing volume and (MUTE) decreasing volume on the Yamaha receiver?  I received a new remote last week and this was the outcome, so I called and AT&T sent out a new one which arrived today and to my suprise, same thing.  Any ideas?

Message 28 of 30
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

For those of you who cannot program a U-verse remote to correctly support your complex equipment layout. the answer is a logitech Harmony 300. It is very similar to the U-verse remote, but more specifically programed and more flexible at the same time. 

I would say that the described  incorrect programming of the two buttons is a fault/bug that cannot be corrected. If it happened on the Harmony Logitech 300, Logitech would fix it & download the fix to your remote. While waiting for that to happen, the user could move the function to the correct button,

For sicesp1 - the 300 can be programmed to bring up the TV input menu and navigate up/dowm without changing modes. Maybe even better - a button for each input - one click change of input on the TV while still in the watch TV mode.

This is because the 300 is programmed frrom your computer, using device  make & model & the result  can then be customized. Did I mention it can also learn any missing codes from the origiinal remote.

Go to logitech.com to see if your make/model is supported. $40 list, often on sale at Radio Shack for $30. I believe Radio Shack is very liberal on returns, so you have nothing to lose & you will discover even more things to do with it.

You may have noticed I have been saying more and more about the logitech remotes on different posts this is only because my 700 is so great. And, the prices are now quit low.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 29 of 30
Contributor

ReSmiley Tonguerogramming the volume -- THANK YOU! The on screen instructions in the u-verse help menu on my TV are WRONG and would not "save" the programming after pressing enter.
Message 30 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support