PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

Scholar

PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

PROGAMMING THE BLACK REMOTE

1. Press AT&T and Enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

3. Press AT&T and release (otherwise you can't control channels).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.
4. Press and release AT&T. Test out the power control.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 955.
3. Press the mode that you want to control the volume (TV, DVD, AT&T, AUX).
4. Press and release AT&T. Test the volume control.

Message 1 of 30 (19,472 Views)
Expert

Re: PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

Thanks.

Message 2 of 30 (19,467 Views)

Is at&t still selling these?

Message 3 of 30 (19,467 Views)
Professor

They mailed be one as a replacement I like it

Message 4 of 30 (19,468 Views)

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Is at&t still selling these?

My new install on Friday the DVR came with a black remote.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 30 (19,468 Views)
Expert

I received two remotes to replace two of mine that had failed.  I have two more on the way because the remaining two are becoming nonfunctional.

Message 6 of 30 (19,468 Views)
ACE - Master

We played cards, Saturday night at a friend's house that has UV.  She had the black remote.  Cool.

Question: She has a 27" or so RCA tube TV, like I used to have.  She wanted me to configure it to power the TV, on or off.  Got that done.  When the RCA TV turns on however, it goes to the built in RCA "Guide Star" or "Guide Plus" or whatever it is called.  Of course that is useless.  She no longer has the RCA remote.  How can I disable the built in RCA Guide from launching?

In the mean time, I told her to press (on the UV remote) TV and Exit to clear the RCA Guide but I know that it canb be disabled, some how.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 30 (19,469 Views)
Expert

Did you try different codes when you setup her remote?  There are occasions when several codes will work for a television but they will cause the remote to control different functions.

Message 8 of 30 (19,469 Views)
Scholar

There IS a way to disable Guide Plus :

I've had this issue with TVs in the past. This might help turn it off.

HOW TO TURN OFF THE GUIDE PLUS+
Step 1 - Press "menu" on remote control
Step 2 - Press Option 7 on remote control
Step 3 - Press Option 3 on remote control
Step 4 - Scroll to "OFF" or press option 2 on remote control
Step 5 - exit using instructions..

Either that or get into the setup and then press Menu, Go Back, Input. The TV will turn off. Turn it back on and select Don't Remind Me Again.
Message 9 of 30 (19,469 Views)
Expert

Let us know if that resolves your issue.  I would like to know because I have 2 more black remotes coming.

Message 10 of 30 (19,469 Views)
ACE - Master

Silgon25 wrote:

There IS a way to disable Guide Plus :

I've had this issue with TVs in the past. This might help turn it off.

HOW TO TURN OFF THE GUIDE PLUS+
Step 1 - Press "menu" on remote control
Step 2 - Press Option 7 on remote control
Step 3 - Press Option 3 on remote control
Step 4 - Scroll to "OFF" or press option 2 on remote control
Step 5 - exit using instructions..

Either that or get into the setup and then press Menu, Go Back, Input. The TV will turn off. Turn it back on and select Don't Remind Me Again.

Thanks - Unfortunately, she doesn't have the remote for the TV.  On my old RCA set, I had to borrow someone else's RCA remote to disable it, as I could not do it from the TV buttons.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 30 (12,240 Views)
Scholar

Guide Plus

:smileyvery-happy: Cool! Usually that works. Too bad they didn't have the right remote.

Message 12 of 30 (12,240 Views)
ACE - Master

In regards to your PM, I can't mark it as solved, as I was not the thread starter.  For her unfortunately it's not solved but she'll have to live with the Guide pLus until she clears it.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 30 (12,240 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

PROGAMMING THE BLACK REMOTE

1. Press AT&T and Enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

3. Press AT&T and release (otherwise you can't control channels).

COMBINE POWER

2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.
4. Press and release AT&T. Test out the power control.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.
3. Press the mode that you want to control the volume (TV, DVD, AT&T, AUX).
4. Press and release AT&T. Test the volume control.

Message 14 of 30 (12,242 Views)
Expert

Are you talking about the RF Remote with the USB dongle?

They are using black remotes now that are replacing the old gray ones (IR remotes).

Can't believe they would replace $20 (IR) with $60 (RF), but I've heard crazier things!

Message 15 of 30 (12,242 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.