Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 18, 2010
8:02:02 PM
View profile
PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

PROGAMMING THE BLACK REMOTE

1. Press AT&T and Enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

3. Press AT&T and release (otherwise you can't control channels).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.
4. Press and release AT&T. Test out the power control.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

1. Press AT&T and OK. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 955.
3. Press the mode that you want to control the volume (TV, DVD, AT&T, AUX).
4. Press and release AT&T. Test the volume control.

For anybody that's having issues with the new black AT&T remote here's the quick solution :

1. Press AT&T and Enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press and release the Skip/FF (above the Pause key). The TV button should blink. If the TV doesn't turn off, press and release it again. If it does turn off, press Power to turn the TV back on. Press and release Enter to lock the code.

COMBINE POWER

2. Press 977.
3. Press and release AT&T. It'll blink. Press and release other device key (TV, DVD, AUX). Press and release enter.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.

PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

29 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2010 8:47:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks.

Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: PROGRAMMING THE NEW BLACK AT&T REMOTE

2 of 30 (19,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2010 9:15:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Is at&t still selling these?

3 of 30 (19,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:41:47 AM
(0)
Professor

They mailed be one as a replacement I like it

They mailed be one as a replacement I like it

4 of 30 (19,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 3:44:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

My new install on Friday the DVR came with a black remote.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

My new install on Friday the DVR came with a black remote.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 30 (19,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2010 2:02:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I received two remotes to replace two of mine that had failed.  I have two more on the way because the remaining two are becoming nonfunctional.

I received two remotes to replace two of mine that had failed.  I have two more on the way because the remaining two are becoming nonfunctional.

6 of 30 (19,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 9:32:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

We played cards, Saturday night at a friend's house that has UV.  She had the black remote.  Cool.

Question: She has a 27" or so RCA tube TV, like I used to have.  She wanted me to configure it to power the TV, on or off.  Got that done.  When the RCA TV turns on however, it goes to the built in RCA "Guide Star" or "Guide Plus" or whatever it is called.  Of course that is useless.  She no longer has the RCA remote.  How can I disable the built in RCA Guide from launching?

In the mean time, I told her to press (on the UV remote) TV and Exit to clear the RCA Guide but I know that it canb be disabled, some how.

We played cards, Saturday night at a friend's house that has UV.  She had the black remote.  Cool.

Question: She has a 27" or so RCA tube TV, like I used to have.  She wanted me to configure it to power the TV, on or off.  Got that done.  When the RCA TV turns on however, it goes to the built in RCA "Guide Star" or "Guide Plus" or whatever it is called.  Of course that is useless.  She no longer has the RCA remote.  How can I disable the built in RCA Guide from launching?

In the mean time, I told her to press (on the UV remote) TV and Exit to clear the RCA Guide but I know that it canb be disabled, some how.

7 of 30 (19,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 9:38:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Did you try different codes when you setup her remote?  There are occasions when several codes will work for a television but they will cause the remote to control different functions.

Did you try different codes when you setup her remote?  There are occasions when several codes will work for a television but they will cause the remote to control different functions.

8 of 30 (19,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 12:47:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

There IS a way to disable Guide Plus :

I've had this issue with TVs in the past. This might help turn it off.

HOW TO TURN OFF THE GUIDE PLUS+
Step 1 - Press "menu" on remote control
Step 2 - Press Option 7 on remote control
Step 3 - Press Option 3 on remote control
Step 4 - Scroll to "OFF" or press option 2 on remote control
Step 5 - exit using instructions..

Either that or get into the setup and then press Menu, Go Back, Input. The TV will turn off. Turn it back on and select Don't Remind Me Again.

Either that or get into the setup and then press Menu, Go Back, Input. The TV will turn off. Turn it back on and select Don't Remind Me Again.

9 of 30 (19,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 12:54:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Let us know if that resolves your issue.  I would like to know because I have 2 more black remotes coming.

Let us know if that resolves your issue.  I would like to know because I have 2 more black remotes coming.

10 of 30 (19,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 3:58:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Silgon25 wrote:

Thanks - Unfortunately, she doesn't have the remote for the TV.  On my old RCA set, I had to borrow someone else's RCA remote to disable it, as I could not do it from the TV buttons.

Silgon25 wrote:

Thanks - Unfortunately, she doesn't have the remote for the TV.  On my old RCA set, I had to borrow someone else's RCA remote to disable it, as I could not do it from the TV buttons.

11 of 30 (11,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 5:09:12 PM
(0)
Scholar

:smileyvery-happy: Cool! Usually that works. Too bad they didn't have the right remote.

:smileyvery-happy: Cool! Usually that works. Too bad they didn't have the right remote.

Guide Plus

12 of 30 (11,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 3:33:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

In regards to your PM, I can't mark it as solved, as I was not the thread starter.  For her unfortunately it's not solved but she'll have to live with the Guide pLus until she clears it.  Thanks.

In regards to your PM, I can't mark it as solved, as I was not the thread starter.  For her unfortunately it's not solved but she'll have to live with the Guide pLus until she clears it.  Thanks.

13 of 30 (11,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2010 3:42:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

COMBINE POWER

2. Press 977.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.

COMBINE POWER

2. Press 977.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.

14 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 3:34:10 AM
(0)
Expert

Are you talking about the RF Remote with the USB dongle?

They are using black remotes now that are replacing the old gray ones (IR remotes).

Can't believe they would replace $20 (IR) with $60 (RF), but I've heard crazier things!

Are you talking about the RF Remote with the USB dongle?

They are using black remotes now that are replacing the old gray ones (IR remotes).

Can't believe they would replace $20 (IR) with $60 (RF), but I've heard crazier things!

15 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 11:55:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

Nope it's not the RF remote. It looks just like the regular silver one but it's black with slightly different programming for the TV code. Everything else is the same though.

Nope it's not the RF remote. It looks just like the regular silver one but it's black with slightly different programming for the TV code. Everything else is the same though.

16 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 6:58:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I got two more black remotes from ATT yesterday.  They are really good for replacing remotes when the gray ones fail.  So far the black ones work pretty good.  There are two ways to program them, and ATT put manuals and batteries in the remotes.  Good job ATT:smileyhappy:

I got two more black remotes from ATT yesterday.  They are really good for replacing remotes when the gray ones fail.  So far the black ones work pretty good.  There are two ways to program them, and ATT put manuals and batteries in the remotes.  Good job ATT:smileyhappy:

17 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2010 7:33:10 AM
(0)
Expert

Thanks...I've got 2 out of 4 that are on the fritz, never had problems in going on 4 yrs.  :smileysad:  And batteries are new, no stuck buttons, just not responsive.

Silgon25 wrote:

Thanks...I've got 2 out of 4 that are on the fritz, never had problems in going on 4 yrs.  :smileysad:  And batteries are new, no stuck buttons, just not responsive.

Silgon25 wrote:

18 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2010 8:55:19 PM
(0)
Scholar
THIS IS THE CORRECT POST - sorry the last one had the first step wrong...

1. Press mode key and Enter. Release both keys. (mode key down first but release at the same time).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press mode key and enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.

THIS IS THE CORRECT POST - sorry the last one had the first step wrong...

1. Press mode key and Enter. Release both keys. (mode key down first but release at the same time).

COMBINE POWER

1. Press mode key and enter. Release both keys. (AT&T down first but release at the same time).
2. Press 977.

PROGRAMMING VOLUME

2. Press 955.

19 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2010 11:01:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for posting this one.

Thanks for posting this one.

20 of 30 (11,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 5:28:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Tried to program the volume on my S10-S1 to recognize my Yamaha receiver using the corresponding AT&T supplied codelist to no avail.  Tried your recommended steps and came close to achieving the desired goal; however, as bizarre as it may seem... pressing the S10-S1 volume button results in a increase in volume if I select the (-) and does nothing at all if I press the (+). Code 955 definitely wasn't one of the codes offered for Yamaha and yet it' doing something versus absolutely nothing. Suggestions anyone?!

Tried to program the volume on my S10-S1 to recognize my Yamaha receiver using the corresponding AT&T supplied codelist to no avail.  Tried your recommended steps and came close to achieving the desired goal; however, as bizarre as it may seem... pressing the S10-S1 volume button results in a increase in volume if I select the (-) and does nothing at all if I press the (+). Code 955 definitely wasn't one of the codes offered for Yamaha and yet it' doing something versus absolutely nothing. Suggestions anyone?!

21 of 30 (12,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2011 5:23:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Discovered yesterday that while pressing the (+) on the S10-S1 remote does nothing and pressing the (-) actually INCREASES the volume. Today discovered that pressing (MUTE) will DECREASE the volume. Too funny! While a bit unorthodox... I'll take it!

Discovered yesterday that while pressing the (+) on the S10-S1 remote does nothing and pressing the (-) actually INCREASES the volume. Today discovered that pressing (MUTE) will DECREASE the volume. Too funny! While a bit unorthodox... I'll take it!

22 of 30 (12,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 9:59:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

How do I go about getting a replacement remote? One of my gray remotes has become quite flaky lately (and yes, I replaced the batteries already)

How do I go about getting a replacement remote? One of my gray remotes has become quite flaky lately (and yes, I replaced the batteries already)

23 of 30 (12,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 2:23:28 AM
(0)
Expert

Just call the 2020 number in my signature; ATT will send you one(s) for free.

Just call the 2020 number in my signature; ATT will send you one(s) for free.

24 of 30 (12,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 5:08:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

Awesome, thanks!

Awesome, thanks!

25 of 30 (12,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2011 3:27:11 AM
(0)
Expert

YW. 

If they try to tell you otherwise, let us know. Smiley Wink

YW. 

If they try to tell you otherwise, let us know. Smiley Wink

26 of 30 (12,137 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2011 4:54:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I appreciate the OP.  I found this answer after googling jvc codes without success and finally googling the ATT remote.  Wanted to control the volume on a JVC receiver, RX-552VBK; it's manual includes no codes.  The regular receiver program codes supplied in the ATT Uverse remote setup for JVC receivers didn't work; the power was controlled on the receiver, but volume continued to control the Vizio TV, even under Aux mode on the remote.

Actually, I used the steps above but included THREE modes, so now the power button controls power on the uverse box, the tv, AND the receiver/amp.  Awesome.  Also, I can now control volume on the receiver, without switching modes on the remote.

The one ability which would allow me to avoid mode keys entirely, is if there is an ATT remote code to map the TV/VIDEO button to pull up the input-selection menu on my Vizio TV.  Actually, I guess that would be an issues because I then still have to be able to have something to move up and down the menu for selection of HDMI, RGB, etc.  If anyone has ideas to make this work, please post it.

thanks again.

I appreciate the OP.  I found this answer after googling jvc codes without success and finally googling the ATT remote.  Wanted to control the volume on a JVC receiver, RX-552VBK; it's manual includes no codes.  The regular receiver program codes supplied in the ATT Uverse remote setup for JVC receivers didn't work; the power was controlled on the receiver, but volume continued to control the Vizio TV, even under Aux mode on the remote.

Actually, I used the steps above but included THREE modes, so now the power button controls power on the uverse box, the tv, AND the receiver/amp.  Awesome.  Also, I can now control volume on the receiver, without switching modes on the remote.

The one ability which would allow me to avoid mode keys entirely, is if there is an ATT remote code to map the TV/VIDEO button to pull up the input-selection menu on my Vizio TV.  Actually, I guess that would be an issues because I then still have to be able to have something to move up and down the menu for selection of HDMI, RGB, etc.  If anyone has ideas to make this work, please post it.

thanks again.

27 of 30 (11,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 4:31:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Has anyone found a resolution to the (-) increasing volume and (MUTE) decreasing volume on the Yamaha receiver?  I received a new remote last week and this was the outcome, so I called and AT&T sent out a new one which arrived today and to my suprise, same thing.  Any ideas?

Has anyone found a resolution to the (-) increasing volume and (MUTE) decreasing volume on the Yamaha receiver?  I received a new remote last week and this was the outcome, so I called and AT&T sent out a new one which arrived today and to my suprise, same thing.  Any ideas?

28 of 30 (11,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 6:30:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

For those of you who cannot program a U-verse remote to correctly support your complex equipment layout. the answer is a logitech Harmony 300. It is very similar to the U-verse remote, but more specifically programed and more flexible at the same time. 

I would say that the described  incorrect programming of the two buttons is a fault/bug that cannot be corrected. If it happened on the Harmony Logitech 300, Logitech would fix it & download the fix to your remote. While waiting for that to happen, the user could move the function to the correct button,

For sicesp1 - the 300 can be programmed to bring up the TV input menu and navigate up/dowm without changing modes. Maybe even better - a button for each input - one click change of input on the TV while still in the watch TV mode.

This is because the 300 is programmed frrom your computer, using device  make & model & the result  can then be customized. Did I mention it can also learn any missing codes from the origiinal remote.

Go to logitech.com to see if your make/model is supported. $40 list, often on sale at Radio Shack for $30. I believe Radio Shack is very liberal on returns, so you have nothing to lose & you will discover even more things to do with it.

You may have noticed I have been saying more and more about the logitech remotes on different posts this is only because my 700 is so great. And, the prices are now quit low.

For those of you who cannot program a U-verse remote to correctly support your complex equipment layout. the answer is a logitech Harmony 300. It is very similar to the U-verse remote, but more specifically programed and more flexible at the same time. 

I would say that the described  incorrect programming of the two buttons is a fault/bug that cannot be corrected. If it happened on the Harmony Logitech 300, Logitech would fix it & download the fix to your remote. While waiting for that to happen, the user could move the function to the correct button,

For sicesp1 - the 300 can be programmed to bring up the TV input menu and navigate up/dowm without changing modes. Maybe even better - a button for each input - one click change of input on the TV while still in the watch TV mode.

This is because the 300 is programmed frrom your computer, using device  make & model & the result  can then be customized. Did I mention it can also learn any missing codes from the origiinal remote.

Go to logitech.com to see if your make/model is supported. $40 list, often on sale at Radio Shack for $30. I believe Radio Shack is very liberal on returns, so you have nothing to lose & you will discover even more things to do with it.

You may have noticed I have been saying more and more about the logitech remotes on different posts this is only because my 700 is so great. And, the prices are now quit low.

29 of 30 (11,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2015 10:06:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
ReSmiley Tonguerogramming the volume -- THANK YOU! The on screen instructions in the u-verse help menu on my TV are WRONG and would not "save" the programming after pressing enter.
ReSmiley Tonguerogramming the volume -- THANK YOU! The on screen instructions in the u-verse help menu on my TV are WRONG and would not "save" the programming after pressing enter.

30 of 30 (175 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments