Helpful Links

Outlook2007 > Set-up to send email from external (eg. work email) address

Contributor

Outlook2007 > Set-up to send email from external (eg. work email) address

I often work from home and access my work email using Outlook2007. I've not found settings that work for sending emails from my work address. I've followed all the instructions to set the outgoing server to smtp.att.yahoo.com and the port settings, etc. But, I can only send an email if I set the email address to my att.net address, instead of my work email address. Of course, by doing this the emails I send show up being delivered from my att.net address instead of my work address.

Is there anyway to allow me send work related emails from my work email address?

Thanks,

HKHamai

Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Outlook2007 > Set-up to send email from external (eg. work email) address

The information in the link below might be of interest. 

http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=4640

Message 2 of 5
Expert

In order to send e-mail from your work address, you will have to send the e-mail through your company's mail server.  Your system administrator should be able to give you the proper outbound mail server name, port, and authentication settings.

Message 3 of 5
Teacher

There are two options.  If you're third party server sends through port 25, you need to contact support to open port 25.

If you want to send via smtp.att.yahoo.com and use your third party email address, you need to login to mail.yahoo.com with your att.net address and add your third party email address as a verified address.  This is something that Yahoo added as extra security to prevent spam.

It's under Mail Option-Accounts.  You can skip the server setup, you only want to verify the address.  It will send a verification code to the address you add, you need to verify and you'll be good to go.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

iJohn and others,

Thanks for your tips. I was able to set-up my other work related address with your help.

Regards,

hkhamai

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support