Ordering new service for u-verse and highspeed internet on-line

Ordering new service for u-verse and highspeed internet on-line

Hi I'm trying to order u-verse TV and Internet service online and I keep getting this error message (AT&T U-verse services may conflict with some Internet connection technologies. Depending on your Internet connection technology, you may need to disconnect your existing Internet service before AT&T U-verse TV and AT&T High Speed Internet U-verse Enabled service can be installed. Please call an AT&T U-verse customer service representative at 1-888-803-2456 during normal business hours to discuss ordering and installation options.)

I tried calling that number and she couldn't find anything about this new account She requested I delete my cookies and start again which I did but again I received the same message currently I have dial up and cannot talk to tech at the same time I'm on line any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7 (1,060 Views)
Professor

Re: Ordering new service for u-verse and highspeed internet on-line

Can't you order by phone instead? or is there a special online offer that you are trying to take advantage of right now?
Message 2 of 7 (1,060 Views)
Expert

Not sure why it is telling you that online.

If you have service with ATT, you don't have to do anything before install.

If you have another service for Internet, then you would need to make arrangements with them to disconnect the old service; I think companies aren't supposed to disconnect each other's equipment, technically.

Try calling 800-ATT-2020 and talk to Sales and see if they can give a better explanation?

Message 3 of 7 (1,060 Views)

Yes there is money back if I order on-line
Message 4 of 7 (1,060 Views)

OK thanks I guess I'll have to order it on the phone hopefully I'll get the cash back reward that I would receive if I ordered on-line when I explain the situation to them thanks again
Message 5 of 7 (1,060 Views)
Professor

Yes, explain the situation to them on the phone. They may give you same offer by phone instead.
Message 6 of 7 (1,060 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks, thats what I'll have to do. 
Message 7 of 7 (1,060 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.