Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 23, 2009
4:01:54 PM
View profile
Online Internet Upgrade
On Saturday, I went online and upgraded my package from the Pro to the Elite Internet package. Now it is two days later, and speedtest.net is still reporting 3 mbps...does it normally take that long for an upgrade to go into effect?
On Saturday, I went online and upgraded my package from the Pro to the Elite Internet package. Now it is two days later, and speedtest.net is still reporting 3 mbps...does it normally take that long for an upgrade to go into effect?

Online Internet Upgrade

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 4:20:05 PM
(0)
Master

mcvbcg wrote:

nope ,,,    bad timing is all as  they had the system down for whatever they did  :--p)

my slant

randy

mcvbcg wrote:

nope ,,,    bad timing is all as  they had the system down for whatever they did  :--p)

my slant

randy

Re: Online Internet Upgrade

2 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2009 3:46:45 PM
(0)
Professor
Probably won't make any difference, but you can try unplugging he gateway for 30 seconds and see if that helps.
Probably won't make any difference, but you can try unplugging he gateway for 30 seconds and see if that helps.

3 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 12:17:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have had problems with the STBs not connecting to the RG before...will resetting the RG require a reset in the STBs?
I have had problems with the STBs not connecting to the RG before...will resetting the RG require a reset in the STBs?

4 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 12:24:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Try resetting the rg first and see what effect that has.
Try resetting the rg first and see what effect that has.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 12:40:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
I just don't know if I want to risk it. The last time I reset the STBs, they would not connect and I was without TV until two days later when an AT&T technician could come out and fix the problem.
I just don't know if I want to risk it. The last time I reset the STBs, they would not connect and I was without TV until two days later when an AT&T technician could come out and fix the problem.

6 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 1:12:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

In this case you may want to just call CS and confirm the order that you had placed had been processed, may it did go through properly because of the system issues they have been having. did you get the $40 for your upgrade ?

In this case you may want to just call CS and confirm the order that you had placed had been processed, may it did go through properly because of the system issues they have been having. did you get the $40 for your upgrade ?

7 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2009 1:34:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have reset the Broadband and DSL through the managment comsole for the RG, and speedtest.net is still reporting Pro speeds. I have checked online at U-Verse Central that my order is "Open". I also ordered the Wirless Conbined Billing at the same time, after CS had told me I could not get that, for whatever reason. The order is called "Build A Bundle", so I am not sure if that means bundle my wireless only or includes the internet. And since my ordre has not gone through, I do not know if I am receiving the $40 or not. I had called CS for another reason and the representative had asked me if I wanted that promotion but at the time I turned it down. I am wondering if I should have had the rep do the upgrade then. I will try to call CS and see what I can accomplish.
I have reset the Broadband and DSL through the managment comsole for the RG, and speedtest.net is still reporting Pro speeds. I have checked online at U-Verse Central that my order is "Open". I also ordered the Wirless Conbined Billing at the same time, after CS had told me I could not get that, for whatever reason. The order is called "Build A Bundle", so I am not sure if that means bundle my wireless only or includes the internet. And since my ordre has not gone through, I do not know if I am receiving the $40 or not. I had called CS for another reason and the representative had asked me if I wanted that promotion but at the time I turned it down. I am wondering if I should have had the rep do the upgrade then. I will try to call CS and see what I can accomplish.

8 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2009 7:46:01 AM
(0)
Guru
If you call them the change takes effect right away... if you do it via the web page it can take over a week :smileysad:
If you call them the change takes effect right away... if you do it via the web page it can take over a week :smileysad:

9 of 10 (2,245 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2009 8:45:21 AM
(0)
Scholar
I did mine online and it took about an hour for the order to close. I assume that with everything put on hold while they did the system upgrade this weekend they probably have a backlog they are trying to dig out of. As said probably just poor timing.
I did mine online and it took about an hour for the order to close. I assume that with everything put on hold while they did the system upgrade this weekend they probably have a backlog they are trying to dig out of. As said probably just poor timing.

10 of 10 (2,245 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments