Helpful Links

On Demand for Premium Channels

Contributor

On Demand for Premium Channels

Anyone else have this problem???

We subscribe to all the Premium Channels (HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, ENCORE, CINEMAX...) and anytime we try to watch an OnDemand movie (not PayPerView), it shuts off halfway thru the viewing stating "Temporarily Unavailable" ....happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. This does not occur on PayPerView Movies, but only when I use the OnDemand feature to watch a movie or turn on a movie for the kids. It's so frustrating...it's not network related either bc it has happened on STARZ, HBO Family, HBO and SHOWTIME...I am so frustrated that it makes me want to switch providers.

Message 1 of 6
Expert

Re: On Demand for Premium Channels

I haven't had that problem.  I was just watching SALT today and it played all the way through.  When youi watch vod are you watching HD or SD vod movies?

Message 2 of 6

I agree, I haven't had any issues with either HD or SD on demand.  I watch several movies per week on demand.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

Phil (hpmsrm) had a similar situation like that, last year.  He and his wife watched 90% of a movie on Premium VOD and it errored out, just as the OP stated.  He had to go back into it as an SD and FF up to the "Glitch Point" and watch it from there, albeit in SD.

Hmmm, "Glitch point" sounds like a cool name for a movie featuring bumbling a Detective / Super hero.  Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

This has also happened to me...not frequently, but it's infuriating...halfway through episode 5 of Game of Thrones tonight, I got the dreaded "Temporariiy unable to play this program. No matter what I do, it won't play beyond a point. I never could get a Woodly Alllen movie to play through. I'm not going to SD, I paid a lot for HD and its premium service and I WANT IT TO WORK.

Message 5 of 6
Expert

I wonder why that is happening so often.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support