Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 11, 2011
3:51:41 PM
View profile
Old 2Wire Modem/Router upgrade..

Been an AT&T U-verse customer for over 5+ years. Today I called support to get an upgrated modem. Since old modem is only b/g wirless. I wanted something with N wirless. I got denied. Support said that if my equments is not broken they can't replace.

Today I am considering canceling both of my U-verse services. Internet and TV. I have a 5+ year old 2wire model, which should be replace. After all the $$$ i have spend with them, they just don't care.

I rather cancel and go with another provider with newer equements.

Been an AT&T U-verse customer for over 5+ years. Today I called support to get an upgrated modem. Since old modem is only b/g wirless. I wanted something with N wirless. I got denied. Support said that if my equments is not broken they can't replace.

Today I am considering canceling both of my U-verse services. Internet and TV. I have a 5+ year old 2wire model, which should be replace. After all the $$$ i have spend with them, they just don't care.

I rather cancel and go with another provider with newer equements.

Old 2Wire Modem/Router upgrade..

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 4:05:18 PM
(0)
Expert

Although AT&T has introduced newer residential gateways than what you already have, none of them implement wireless N.  All are still wireless G.

If you would like wireless N capability, you will need to purchase and use your own wireless router.

Although AT&T has introduced newer residential gateways than what you already have, none of them implement wireless N.  All are still wireless G.

If you would like wireless N capability, you will need to purchase and use your own wireless router.

Re: Old 2Wire Modem/Router upgrade..

2 of 3 (2,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 4:15:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks! Would have been nice if  support actually mention that there were no N router when I ask. Instead of telling me that my equipment is working we can't replace. Then I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

Thanks! Would have been nice if  support actually mention that there were no N router when I ask. Instead of telling me that my equipment is working we can't replace. Then I wouldn't have been so disappointed.

Re: Old 2Wire Modem/Router upgrade..

3 of 3 (2,370 Views)