U-verse Forums

Posted May 31, 2011
1:37:54 PM
View profile
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this

I have contacted ATT via the chat option 3 times last week

The first time I had no l luck.

The next time the chat person resolved my issues - or so I thought

She applied the bundle discount - which I didn't know expired back to my account AND put in for 1 DVR and one regular receiver to be sent to replace my equipment which was my primary reason for the chat.

The receivers were to arrive within 72 working hours through USPS

This was on Tuesday evening.

I contacted the chat again because I wasn't able to find any order on my account.

This time the gentleman told me that my order was completed. He told me to call ATT but that they were only available Monday - Friday He did give me an updated case number - but I don't find any option to search for that

Now I find that I am able to view "My orders" and it shows the information re the bundled discount but nothing about the replacement receivers

At this point the receivers have not arrived

I tried to call ATT this morning but could not reach a live person - only the word prompts

Anyone have any suggestions - I don't want to wind up paying for receivers that I didn't get

I have contacted ATT via the chat option 3 times last week

The first time I had no l luck.

The next time the chat person resolved my issues - or so I thought

She applied the bundle discount - which I didn't know expired back to my account AND put in for 1 DVR and one regular receiver to be sent to replace my equipment which was my primary reason for the chat.

The receivers were to arrive within 72 working hours through USPS

This was on Tuesday evening.

I contacted the chat again because I wasn't able to find any order on my account.

This time the gentleman told me that my order was completed. He told me to call ATT but that they were only available Monday - Friday He did give me an updated case number - but I don't find any option to search for that

Now I find that I am able to view "My orders" and it shows the information re the bundled discount but nothing about the replacement receivers

At this point the receivers have not arrived

I tried to call ATT this morning but could not reach a live person - only the word prompts

Anyone have any suggestions - I don't want to wind up paying for receivers that I didn't get

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this

28 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(28)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 3:41:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Call the number in my signature below.  When prompted, say "Customer Support".  You will eventually speak with a live person.

Call the number in my signature below.  When prompted, say "Customer Support".  You will eventually speak with a live person.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this

2 of 29 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 3:45:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Let us know what happens.

Let us know what happens.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 29 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 9:03:23 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Chris_ForumsMod on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:26:17 AM

OK - called the number as per previous message; finally got to speak with Dominique. He rebooted all the receivers. BUT since none of the TV's were freezing up at that time he cannot send a technician or order replacement of the boxes.

He told me to call back when the TV or TV's are doing the problem and they can troubleshoot from there.

He said it is not their policy to send a receiver as the girl in chat told me she was doing.

This is part of the chat transcript that I copied to my email - so I know I didn't misunderstand what she said

rs935p(Rose)
I have replaced the receiver you may receive it next 72 working hours.

rs935p(Rose)
{personal information removed for your safety}, you may also receive an email to rate the service that I provided you, please take a minute to fill the survey.
You
ok and are you replacing the dvr also?
rs935p(Rose)
Yes..
rs935p(Rose)
I hope i made you a "VERY STISFIED CUSTOMER".

OK - called the number as per previous message; finally got to speak with Dominique. He rebooted all the receivers. BUT since none of the TV's were freezing up at that time he cannot send a technician or order replacement of the boxes.

He told me to call back when the TV or TV's are doing the problem and they can troubleshoot from there.

He said it is not their policy to send a receiver as the girl in chat told me she was doing.

This is part of the chat transcript that I copied to my email - so I know I didn't misunderstand what she said

rs935p(Rose)
I have replaced the receiver you may receive it next 72 working hours.

rs935p(Rose)
{personal information removed for your safety}, you may also receive an email to rate the service that I provided you, please take a minute to fill the survey.
You
ok and are you replacing the dvr also?
rs935p(Rose)
Yes..
rs935p(Rose)
I hope i made you a "VERY STISFIED CUSTOMER".

[ Edited ]
4 of 29 (393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 2:23:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I hope they get all of the equipment to you.  If not let us know.

I hope they get all of the equipment to you.  If not let us know.

5 of 29 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 2:52:40 PM
(0)
Teacher

They aren't sending the receivers to me, I had pasted the part of the chat transcript where "Rose" told me she was requesting them. BUT Dominique told me that they NEVER send receivers out like that.

He said it is never their policy to just send equipment - so I don't know what is going on, you would think the chat answer people would know what the company policy is.

Anyhow since the TV's were not acting up - Dominique said that he couldn't do anything because he couldn't pinpoint the problem.

I gave him the case number that the 2nd chat person had given me

Anyway no equipment coming - no issue resolved until I can call them while the tv's are freezing up.

They aren't sending the receivers to me, I had pasted the part of the chat transcript where "Rose" told me she was requesting them. BUT Dominique told me that they NEVER send receivers out like that.

He said it is never their policy to just send equipment - so I don't know what is going on, you would think the chat answer people would know what the company policy is.

Anyhow since the TV's were not acting up - Dominique said that he couldn't do anything because he couldn't pinpoint the problem.

I gave him the case number that the 2nd chat person had given me

Anyway no equipment coming - no issue resolved until I can call them while the tv's are freezing up.

6 of 29 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 3:06:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Why were you requesting that your receivers be replaced?

Why were you requesting that your receivers be replaced?

7 of 29 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 6:04:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

I didn't "request" new receivers - I requested a solution to having to reboot two receiver boxes multiple times throughout the day.

The technician that I got when I clicked for Chat support said she was sending me new boxes because of freeze ups and issues with rebooting the boxes 6+ times a day.

My initial question was because I had not received the new receivers in the 72 working hours that she stated would be the time frame; I was concerned they had been delivered to the wrong address and I would be charged for them.

I went to the Chat support  and the tech person said there was no record but it was probably a postal delay???

As per the reply  with the number to call and request Customer Support; I called and got Dominique who tells me they never send boxes out. AND he can't do anything unless the tv is doing the problem when I am talking to them.

So now we wait for the TV to act up when I am able to take the time to spend 10-20 minutes waiting, and another 10-20 minutes going through the steps the tech people want to try.

I didn't "request" new receivers - I requested a solution to having to reboot two receiver boxes multiple times throughout the day.

The technician that I got when I clicked for Chat support said she was sending me new boxes because of freeze ups and issues with rebooting the boxes 6+ times a day.

My initial question was because I had not received the new receivers in the 72 working hours that she stated would be the time frame; I was concerned they had been delivered to the wrong address and I would be charged for them.

I went to the Chat support  and the tech person said there was no record but it was probably a postal delay???

As per the reply  with the number to call and request Customer Support; I called and got Dominique who tells me they never send boxes out. AND he can't do anything unless the tv is doing the problem when I am talking to them.

So now we wait for the TV to act up when I am able to take the time to spend 10-20 minutes waiting, and another 10-20 minutes going through the steps the tech people want to try.

8 of 29 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2011 7:23:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Chances are that the freezing and rebooting is not related to bad receiversbut may be due due to other issues. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears to be any issues with your system. 

Chances are that the freezing and rebooting is not related to bad receiversbut may be due due to other issues. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears to be any issues with your system. 

9 of 29 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 11:29:18 AM
(0)
Teacher
how do i post the screenshot
I am running windows on a mac - i will search and try and find how to do this

how do i post the screenshot
I am running windows on a mac - i will search and try and find how to do this

10 of 29 (306 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:18:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

11 of 29 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:19:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

12 of 29 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:19:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

13 of 29 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:20:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

14 of 29 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:32:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

ok figured it out and posted the screenshots

ok figured it out and posted the screenshots

15 of 29 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 2:39:53 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, it looks like you have a coax problem.  On your last screenshot, the "96" in the PHY Rate column is not good.

Call tech support, have them send a technician.  He should condition the entire coax network, including replacing all end connectors with compression fittings, replace all wallplates, and replace any and all splitters the 1.5 GHz HPNA-compliant splitters.  He should also replace the diplexer if used in your installation.

OK, it looks like you have a coax problem.  On your last screenshot, the "96" in the PHY Rate column is not good.

Call tech support, have them send a technician.  He should condition the entire coax network, including replacing all end connectors with compression fittings, replace all wallplates, and replace any and all splitters the 1.5 GHz HPNA-compliant splitters.  He should also replace the diplexer if used in your installation.

16 of 29 (239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 2:45:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

So I call ATT Tech Support and tell them I need a technician? Do I tell them that I have run the program that I downloaded?

So I call ATT Tech Support and tell them I need a technician? Do I tell them that I have run the program that I downloaded?

17 of 29 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 2:51:22 PM
(0)
Expert
Yes, call and ask for a technician. I wouldn't mention the program, just stick to the symptoms -- "I'm getting freezing of TV and periodic reboots of the DVR".

Once the technician shows up at your house, you can probably point out the coax issue on the software and he will then know what's going on and why you believe that the coax system may be the problem.
Yes, call and ask for a technician. I wouldn't mention the program, just stick to the symptoms -- "I'm getting freezing of TV and periodic reboots of the DVR".

Once the technician shows up at your house, you can probably point out the coax issue on the software and he will then know what's going on and why you believe that the coax system may be the problem.

18 of 29 (234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 4:45:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

To insert an image click on the little tree just above this text window.

To insert an image click on the little tree just above this text window.

19 of 29 (222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 4:54:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In the interim you can check all of the coax connections between your tvs and stbs to make sure they are tight.  I had that problem with one of my tvs.  It was freezing and pixelating and it turned out the the coax cable was loose.  That resolved the issue.

In the interim you can check all of the coax connections between your tvs and stbs to make sure they are tight.  I had that problem with one of my tvs.  It was freezing and pixelating and it turned out the the coax cable was loose.  That resolved the issue.

20 of 29 (220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 6:33:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok one box is out, so called the ATT # got a tech support person on the line, he isn't sending a technician he is sending me a new box???!!!

The last tech person, Dominique told me that is not how they do it.....they NEVER send the receivers like that

Am on hold now while he is processing the order

Will make sure I get the Order #, and his name for whatever that will be worth...

Ok one box is out, so called the ATT # got a tech support person on the line, he isn't sending a technician he is sending me a new box???!!!

The last tech person, Dominique told me that is not how they do it.....they NEVER send the receivers like that

Am on hold now while he is processing the order

Will make sure I get the Order #, and his name for whatever that will be worth...

21 of 29 (248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 8:25:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have read that people had stbs shipped to them.  Hopefully this tech will follow through with what they have told you.

I have read that people had stbs shipped to them.  Hopefully this tech will follow through with what they have told you.

22 of 29 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 4:34:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes you can have boxes shipped to you now.  I replaced an STB and it was easy. Since it wasn't a primary box I didn't need to have it right away and didn't need to take any time off from work to wait for a tech to show up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Yes you can have boxes shipped to you now.  I replaced an STB and it was easy. Since it wasn't a primary box I didn't need to have it right away and didn't need to take any time off from work to wait for a tech to show up.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

23 of 29 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 12:51:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok further update - called to check status of my order number as I wasn't able to access it online Smiley Sad

Got thru and the tech had to transfer me as he was not able to view the details of the order. It was showing complete but no details.

Got a Tier 2 Technician - Tony

He was very helpful - said it appeared that the order got "dropped"

I explained that it has been many calls and chats and still have TV's freezing up

He then asked for the GUI number which I located in a chat transcript

Then he asked if I would mind holding for a few minutes while he checked something else, no problem

He came back and said "we could send you 10 boxes and it would not fix your problems as the box is not the problem. It is caused by a coax problem" (As noted by someone after I had posted my test results)

They are sending a  technician this afternoon Smiley Happy

I asked him then what he had done, or what made him check further about my issues, that the others that I had talked to did not check. He told me that he had used a tool that indicated to him the coax was not working at the numbers that they like to see.

Posting this so others may pray to get Technician TONY if they have to call for help

Hopefully by late this evening my problems will be resolved

Ok further update - called to check status of my order number as I wasn't able to access it online Smiley Sad

Got thru and the tech had to transfer me as he was not able to view the details of the order. It was showing complete but no details.

Got a Tier 2 Technician - Tony

He was very helpful - said it appeared that the order got "dropped"

I explained that it has been many calls and chats and still have TV's freezing up

He then asked for the GUI number which I located in a chat transcript

Then he asked if I would mind holding for a few minutes while he checked something else, no problem

He came back and said "we could send you 10 boxes and it would not fix your problems as the box is not the problem. It is caused by a coax problem" (As noted by someone after I had posted my test results)

They are sending a  technician this afternoon Smiley Happy

I asked him then what he had done, or what made him check further about my issues, that the others that I had talked to did not check. He told me that he had used a tool that indicated to him the coax was not working at the numbers that they like to see.

Posting this so others may pray to get Technician TONY if they have to call for help

Hopefully by late this evening my problems will be resolved

24 of 29 (220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 5:24:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

25 of 29 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 5:57:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

Here is a screenshot - at first all of the numbers had been at 96 but now all but 2 have increased

So am wondering - do i still have a coax problem

Here is a screenshot - at first all of the numbers had been at 96 but now all but 2 have increased

So am wondering - do i still have a coax problem

Re: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this - new screenshot

26 of 29 (200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 6:10:37 PM
(0)
Employee
ebeth_1 thanks for sharing your saga. I really hope this fixes you up. I also hope you find the time to stick around and help others in the future.
ebeth_1 thanks for sharing your saga. I really hope this fixes you up. I also hope you find the time to stick around and help others in the future.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

27 of 29 (194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 6:22:51 PM
(0)
Teacher
LOL Escapee - if I was any good at tech solutions do you think I would have had the "saga"
That said if I see something that I think I can speak about I will gladly post
LOL Escapee - if I was any good at tech solutions do you think I would have had the "saga"
That said if I see something that I think I can speak about I will gladly post

28 of 29 (191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 11:25:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your stats are showing issue with two of your coax runs.  What you can do immediately is make sure all of your coax connection are tigh on the tvs and stbs.  You can also call ts and ask the csr to run a test on your service for errors.  They should see them and send a tech to check your install.  I get those errors from time to time and I resolve them by tightening my coax connections.  They would come loose if I would do more than hand tighten the cables.  You can use a small wrench to tighten them and you should be good to go.

Your stats are showing issue with two of your coax runs.  What you can do immediately is make sure all of your coax connection are tigh on the tvs and stbs.  You can also call ts and ask the csr to run a test on your service for errors.  They should see them and send a tech to check your install.  I get those errors from time to time and I resolve them by tightening my coax connections.  They would come loose if I would do more than hand tighten the cables.  You can use a small wrench to tighten them and you should be good to go.

29 of 29 (179 Views)