Helpful Links

Nook ereader connectivity

Contributor

Nook ereader connectivity

I just bought a Nook from Barnes and Noble and it requires a wifi hotspot.  I was under the impression that Uverse provided the hot spot with my computer.  Is that incorrect?

If I'm right, how do I connect my ereader to the hotspot?  So far, I've discovered a manual screen on the Nook which allows me to add a hotspot, but it needs an address for "Network SSID".  Where would I find that address?

Thanks for any who may provide me with the answer before I brave att's branching tech support tree.

Donna

Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: Nook ereader connectivity

Are you trying to connect to the internet inside or outside of your home?  If you are trying to connect outside of your home, see the links below:

Connectiong to Hotspots Demo

Find Hotspot Locations

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Hi, Texasguy,

Thanks for answering.  I need to be able to access the internet from my home via the Nook.  I found the SSID # on the side of the router, but now the Nook is also asking for a Security method and gives the options or "None", WEP, WPA, or WPA2.  I have no idea what I should put in.  Would you venture a guess with an explanation?

Thanks, Donna

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Expert

If you are trying to connect to your home wireless network, you can find the Network Name (SSID) and the type of security (Authentication Type) that you are using on your home network at the link below:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Hi, Texasguy,

That was just what I needed.

Thanks!!

Donna

Message 5 of 7
Expert

You're welcome!

Message 6 of 7

Donna,

I too have the Nook and it works with any wi-fi hot spot.  I've used it at my work and at a Starbucks.  If you have tethering on your cell phone you can also use that as a hot spot.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support