Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 3, 2010
10:45:18 AM
View profile
No pause and rewind on non-dvr tvs - not good

I have justed had U-Verse installed yesterday and was very dissapointed to find out, after the install, that you can only pause and rewind TV from the TV connected to the main DVR.

This is VERY dissapointing after moving from DirecTV..  does anyone know of any AT&T plans to address this?

I am no re-thinking my decision to move.

I have justed had U-Verse installed yesterday and was very dissapointed to find out, after the install, that you can only pause and rewind TV from the TV connected to the main DVR.

This is VERY dissapointing after moving from DirecTV..  does anyone know of any AT&T plans to address this?

No pause and rewind on non-dvr tvs - not good

39 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(39)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 11:01:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LYNG wrote:

Welcome to U-verse! 

The ability to pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV on the non-DVR TV's will be part of the THDVR Phase 3 Update which has no ETA.  The 3 Phases to the THDVR implementation were previously announced by AT&T.

Until the Phase 3 update, the workaround is to press "Record" on the remote and begin watching the program while it is still recording.  This allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward the program while watching on the non-DVR TV.  This works very well!

LYNG wrote:

Welcome to U-verse! 

The ability to pause, rewind, and fast forward live TV on the non-DVR TV's will be part of the THDVR Phase 3 Update which has no ETA.  The 3 Phases to the THDVR implementation were previously announced by AT&T.

Until the Phase 3 update, the workaround is to press "Record" on the remote and begin watching the program while it is still recording.  This allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward the program while watching on the non-DVR TV.  This works very well!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No pause and rewind on non-dvr tvs - not good

2 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 1:10:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
See signature below:
See signature below:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:01:30 PM
(0)
Mentor
Can the powers that be who run this site start a FAQ section.  Apparently the search feature doesn't work because we keep getting the same questions.  I'm all for answering questions, but I get tired of reading the same few questions over and over.
Can the powers that be who run this site start a FAQ section.  Apparently the search feature doesn't work because we keep getting the same questions.  I'm all for answering questions, but I get tired of reading the same few questions over and over.

4 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:05:48 PM
(0)
Expert
Welcome to the Werld. :smileywink:
Welcome to the Werld. :smileywink:

5 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:07:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

WIUser wrote:

The search function works very well.  A FAQ section would not matter.  The same questions would still be asked on the forum.

WIUser wrote:

The search function works very well.  A FAQ section would not matter.  The same questions would still be asked on the forum.

6 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:13:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:

WIUser wrote:

I do know the search functions well, I just wish more people would use it.  I guess I was just ranting a little bit because I use the search function and have always been able to find my answer before having to start a new thread.

texasguy37 wrote:

WIUser wrote:

I do know the search functions well, I just wish more people would use it.  I guess I was just ranting a little bit because I use the search function and have always been able to find my answer before having to start a new thread.

7 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:17:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion around this which may be why the questions keep getting asked.  I just ended a chat session with a sales rep who gave mixed answers (see below).  Also, not sure that the record option would work as I'm a frequent channel switcher.  For example when watching the 2 NFL games on Sunday afternoon I frequently switch between the two and never know when I might want to pause one of them.  I suppose I could record both of them and switch back and forth but I doubt switching between 2 recorded programs is as easy as switching 2 live channels.  Would recording still be a good option?  I have ordered Uverse but don't have it yet.  Will likely keep my satellite connection for a while in case Uverse doesn't work out.

Here's the sales rep responses to my questions:

Welcome to AT&T. My name is Garry.

Garry: I will be happy to answer your questions regarding AT&T U-verse products.  To start, could you please tell me which state you're located in and the zip code?

you: Texas xxxxx

Garry: Thank you for sharing this information and considering AT&T U-verse Services online today.

Garry: What service are you looking to order online now? TV, Internet, Home Phone service.

you: Looking mainly at TV. Had a question about the whole house DVR. Can you pause & rewind live TV on any receiver or just the one TV with the DVR?

Garry: Yes, you will be able to pause and record with the help of DVR and watch on any TV with the help of receivers.

you: Is this something that is fairly new? Most reviews I've read online say that you can only pause live TV on the DVR, not the other receivers.

Garry: Total Home Total Home DVR is our digital video recording service that lets you record programs on the main AT&T U-Verse Total Home DVR and watch the recorded show on any non-Total Home DVR receiver in your home.

you: I'm not talking about watching recorded shows. If I'm watching live TV, can I pause it from any TV?

you: for example, if I'm watching a football game from a secondary receiver (it isn't recorded), can I pause and rewind it?

Garry: You can not pause from any TV with the help of receivers.

you: OK. Do you know if this is something that is planned for the future?

Garry: Kindly disregard my last response.

Garry: I apologize for that you can pause from any TV.

you: OK.

Garry: Have you decided on a specific U-Verse plan online today? If not, I would be happy to help you choose one.

you: I actually placed an order yesterday, just trying to confirm if it is going to work out.

Garry: You will be able to pause the shows from any TV with the help of receivers.

Garry: Have you ordered online or by calling?

you: I ordered online

Garry: That's good to know. Do you have anymore questions for me? I would be happy to assist you with them.

you: No, that's all for now. Thanks.

Garry: Have you been able to find the 'Close' button in your Chat Window?

Garry: Thank you for chatting with AT&T. Please take a moment to fill out the survey following this chat. Should you need further assistance today, there is a button you may click on to chat with us again.

Garry:

Thank you for chatting with AT&T today. Have a great day.

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion around this which may be why the questions keep getting asked.  I just ended a chat session with a sales rep who gave mixed answers (see below).  Also, not sure that the record option would work as I'm a frequent channel switcher.  For example when watching the 2 NFL games on Sunday afternoon I frequently switch between the two and never know when I might want to pause one of them.  I suppose I could record both of them and switch back and forth but I doubt switching between 2 recorded programs is as easy as switching 2 live channels.  Would recording still be a good option?  I have ordered Uverse but don't have it yet.  Will likely keep my satellite connection for a while in case Uverse doesn't work out.

Here's the sales rep responses to my questions:

Welcome to AT&T. My name is Garry.

Garry: I will be happy to answer your questions regarding AT&T U-verse products.  To start, could you please tell me which state you're located in and the zip code?

you: Texas xxxxx

Garry: Thank you for sharing this information and considering AT&T U-verse Services online today.

Garry: What service are you looking to order online now? TV, Internet, Home Phone service.

you: Looking mainly at TV. Had a question about the whole house DVR. Can you pause & rewind live TV on any receiver or just the one TV with the DVR?

Garry: Yes, you will be able to pause and record with the help of DVR and watch on any TV with the help of receivers.

you: Is this something that is fairly new? Most reviews I've read online say that you can only pause live TV on the DVR, not the other receivers.

Garry: Total Home Total Home DVR is our digital video recording service that lets you record programs on the main AT&T U-Verse Total Home DVR and watch the recorded show on any non-Total Home DVR receiver in your home.

you: I'm not talking about watching recorded shows. If I'm watching live TV, can I pause it from any TV?

you: for example, if I'm watching a football game from a secondary receiver (it isn't recorded), can I pause and rewind it?

Garry: You can not pause from any TV with the help of receivers.

you: OK. Do you know if this is something that is planned for the future?

Garry: Kindly disregard my last response.

Garry: I apologize for that you can pause from any TV.

you: OK.

Garry: Have you decided on a specific U-Verse plan online today? If not, I would be happy to help you choose one.

you: I actually placed an order yesterday, just trying to confirm if it is going to work out.

Garry: You will be able to pause the shows from any TV with the help of receivers.

Garry: Have you ordered online or by calling?

you: I ordered online

Garry: That's good to know. Do you have anymore questions for me? I would be happy to assist you with them.

you: No, that's all for now. Thanks.

Garry: Have you been able to find the 'Close' button in your Chat Window?

Garry: Thank you for chatting with AT&T. Please take a moment to fill out the survey following this chat. Should you need further assistance today, there is a button you may click on to chat with us again.

Garry:

Thank you for chatting with AT&T today. Have a great day.

8 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 10:54:02 PM
(0)
Expert

Unfortunately, MOST TS agents do not have UV service; and yes, ATT needs to do a better job training them on how things work, IMO.

You may have read that Phase 3 of THDVR is in the works, no idea when as they keep it all secret.  But when I started with the service 2-1/2 years ago, we only had 1 HD and NO recording option on the non-DVR boxes.  If you can't wait for the changes, another provider may be better for you in the meantime.

Unfortunately, MOST TS agents do not have UV service; and yes, ATT needs to do a better job training them on how things work, IMO.

You may have read that Phase 3 of THDVR is in the works, no idea when as they keep it all secret.  But when I started with the service 2-1/2 years ago, we only had 1 HD and NO recording option on the non-DVR boxes.  If you can't wait for the changes, another provider may be better for you in the meantime.

9 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 5:01:48 AM
(0)
Teacher
Watch one game fast forwarding through the comercials and stuff you don't want to see.  When you catch up to live tv, pause it, and watch the other one 'til you catch up to live tv.  Repeat.  That's what I do.
Watch one game fast forwarding through the comercials and stuff you don't want to see.  When you catch up to live tv, pause it, and watch the other one 'til you catch up to live tv.  Repeat.  That's what I do.

10 of 40 (1,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 5:50:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

spd2demun wrote:

ITA w/spd.  I actually got into a screaming match with an agent about this very feature.

My brother was considering switching from Dish and this was a big issue for him.  I explained things to him but when he called CS, they told him " you can absolutely pause live TV from any TV'.  

Long story short, he put me on a 3 way call with the CS agent who was relentless.  I even asked the lady if she had Uverse and she said 'yes' (obviously a lie or she'd have known better).

Eventually, I just had to hang up since we were getting nowhere...and my brother still has Dish. 

spd2demun wrote:

ITA w/spd.  I actually got into a screaming match with an agent about this very feature.

My brother was considering switching from Dish and this was a big issue for him.  I explained things to him but when he called CS, they told him " you can absolutely pause live TV from any TV'.  

Long story short, he put me on a 3 way call with the CS agent who was relentless.  I even asked the lady if she had Uverse and she said 'yes' (obviously a lie or she'd have known better).

Eventually, I just had to hang up since we were getting nowhere...and my brother still has Dish. 

11 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 1:03:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't think it's right to dump on the original poster for asking this question when there's so much conflicting information out there.  Most put out by AT&T Uverse people

From my own experience with AT&T and UVerse sign up, I can understand why the question gets asked so often.  The Customer Reps and the Sales reps keep telling potential customers that it's possible to pause and rewind live TV from any TV.  That's what the sales people told me.  When I wanted to make sure they knew what they were talking about, I spoke to a second level manager who confirmed the capability and then to a third person who was required to confirm my sign-up.  All swore that it was possible. I found out later that it isn't and cancelled the install.

Most people, like me, believe that the sales people or customer tech rep must have the most up-to-date information and the forums are probably out of date.  When we begin to hear conflicting information, it's difficult to know what the real story is.  So we re-ask to get the latest information.  

As long as the Customer Techs and Sales reps don't know or deliberately lie, you can probably expect to see the question many more times.

I don't think it's right to dump on the original poster for asking this question when there's so much conflicting information out there.  Most put out by AT&T Uverse people

From my own experience with AT&T and UVerse sign up, I can understand why the question gets asked so often.  The Customer Reps and the Sales reps keep telling potential customers that it's possible to pause and rewind live TV from any TV.  That's what the sales people told me.  When I wanted to make sure they knew what they were talking about, I spoke to a second level manager who confirmed the capability and then to a third person who was required to confirm my sign-up.  All swore that it was possible. I found out later that it isn't and cancelled the install.

Most people, like me, believe that the sales people or customer tech rep must have the most up-to-date information and the forums are probably out of date.  When we begin to hear conflicting information, it's difficult to know what the real story is.  So we re-ask to get the latest information.  

As long as the Customer Techs and Sales reps don't know or deliberately lie, you can probably expect to see the question many more times.

12 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 1:15:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

NateInOKC wrote:

Who was dumping on the original poster for asking the question?

Also, my assumption is the opposite.  I think the customers who are actually using the product everyday are the best source of information on the current functionality of a service.  The salespeople and customer support people only know what they have been trained to know and may not actually be using the service themselves.

NateInOKC wrote:

Who was dumping on the original poster for asking the question?

Also, my assumption is the opposite.  I think the customers who are actually using the product everyday are the best source of information on the current functionality of a service.  The salespeople and customer support people only know what they have been trained to know and may not actually be using the service themselves.

13 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 7:26:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had it installed earlier today; Unfortunately, it was before I found this forum.  My wife and I were watching television about an hour ago and she hit the rewind button expecting to back up because we missed a scene on the television. Well, lol, to her surprise and mine, the display said this wasn't allowed.  She immediately said, tell them to pick it up tomorrow. (lol)

I thought I asked all the questions but I guess I forgot one of the most important questions. I assumed having a box on all four televisions, I would be allowed to rewind, pause, etc. I'm so mad, I'm laughing because I called comcast and they want to charge me to reinstall the equipment sitting in my garage. Nevertheless, I will try to reinstall it myself but if not, I'll pay to have it reinstalled. 

I've been online trying to figure out how to cancel my Uverse service but can't find a link for it. So, the tech support guy told me to call back tomorrow morning to speak with someone in billing.  I just can't believe this has happened. 

We had two DVR boxes with comcast and actually liked our service but Uverse just appeared to be a solid deal. I guess that old saying is true, something that appears to good usually is to good to be true. 

Tech Support said they would have Total Home DVR service but couldn't give me an idea of when that might happen. 

Good luck to everyone but given the current limitations, this is definitely not for my home at this time. 

I had it installed earlier today; Unfortunately, it was before I found this forum.  My wife and I were watching television about an hour ago and she hit the rewind button expecting to back up because we missed a scene on the television. Well, lol, to her surprise and mine, the display said this wasn't allowed.  She immediately said, tell them to pick it up tomorrow. (lol)

I thought I asked all the questions but I guess I forgot one of the most important questions. I assumed having a box on all four televisions, I would be allowed to rewind, pause, etc. I'm so mad, I'm laughing because I called comcast and they want to charge me to reinstall the equipment sitting in my garage. Nevertheless, I will try to reinstall it myself but if not, I'll pay to have it reinstalled. 

I've been online trying to figure out how to cancel my Uverse service but can't find a link for it. So, the tech support guy told me to call back tomorrow morning to speak with someone in billing.  I just can't believe this has happened. 

We had two DVR boxes with comcast and actually liked our service but Uverse just appeared to be a solid deal. I guess that old saying is true, something that appears to good usually is to good to be true. 

Tech Support said they would have Total Home DVR service but couldn't give me an idea of when that might happen. 

Good luck to everyone but given the current limitations, this is definitely not for my home at this time. 

14 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 7:43:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Total Home DVR is the ability to record in one room and watch in another.  At least in ATT world....and that you have and that you can do.

That being said, the 'work around' the pausing live TV is to hit the 'record' button and then go to Ch. 9999 and watch it on that channel.  Basically, you're watching a recorded program a few moments after it is shown live.  This works fine for some customers, others not so much.

Total Home DVR is the ability to record in one room and watch in another.  At least in ATT world....and that you have and that you can do.

That being said, the 'work around' the pausing live TV is to hit the 'record' button and then go to Ch. 9999 and watch it on that channel.  Basically, you're watching a recorded program a few moments after it is shown live.  This works fine for some customers, others not so much.

15 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2010 8:21:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

mjlw39 wrote:

I think that is an extreme over reaction and one that is not necessary.  Please read the previous messages in this thread.

mjlw39 wrote:

I think that is an extreme over reaction and one that is not necessary.  Please read the previous messages in this thread.

16 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 7:52:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the info, I've read the previous threads and I appreciate your work around solutions. However, some of us would prefer a more direct route. I simply want what I want. Thanks again.

On a different note, I'm actually on the phone with the Uverse folks now and the first gentleman informed me that I have the total DVR package and should be able to pause, rewind, etc on every tv. So he sent me over to tech support who has just informed me this is not an option. I tell you this has been an interesting process thus far. The people have been very pleasant but the lack of consistency is a little frustrating.  

Someone should ensure the left side is communicating with the right side. 

Currently on hold waiting for tech support to double check things. This could probably be a skit on SNL

Thanks for the info, I've read the previous threads and I appreciate your work around solutions. However, some of us would prefer a more direct route. I simply want what I want. Thanks again.

On a different note, I'm actually on the phone with the Uverse folks now and the first gentleman informed me that I have the total DVR package and should be able to pause, rewind, etc on every tv. So he sent me over to tech support who has just informed me this is not an option. I tell you this has been an interesting process thus far. The people have been very pleasant but the lack of consistency is a little frustrating.  

Currently on hold waiting for tech support to double check things. This could probably be a skit on SNL

17 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 8:32:51 AM
(0)
Master

mjlw39 wrote:

nope   , not even funny !!

randy

mjlw39 wrote:

nope   , not even funny !!

randy

18 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 10:58:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mjlw39 wrote:
So he sent me over to tech support who has just informed me this is not an option.

I'm shocked that someone admitted this and passed the CORRECT information on to the customer.

mjlw39 wrote:
So he sent me over to tech support who has just informed me this is not an option.

I'm shocked that someone admitted this and passed the CORRECT information on to the customer.

19 of 40 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 1:29:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Glad to see I have company on this topic.  I'm going to put my satellite account on hold for now and try Uverse next week if it is installed on time.  I'll let you all know how it goes from someone who is used to being able pause live TV on multiple TVs.  Uverse has many advertised features that seem pretty cool so if those work better than this one perhaps they will make up for this hopefully temporary shortcoming.

Glad to see I have company on this topic.  I'm going to put my satellite account on hold for now and try Uverse next week if it is installed on time.  I'll let you all know how it goes from someone who is used to being able pause live TV on multiple TVs.  Uverse has many advertised features that seem pretty cool so if those work better than this one perhaps they will make up for this hopefully temporary shortcoming.

20 of 40 (934 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 2:13:31 PM
(0)
Teacher
After reading all this I am tempted to call up and place an order myself and ask these same questions. See if they tell me you can pause live tv from any receiver. If they tell me yes you can then I will be more then happy to rudely correct them on this fact. Since I install the services for our customers I happen to know for a fact that you cannot pause or rewind live tv from non dvr boxes and am personally fed up with having to break the news to the customer after the sales rep assured them they could. I probably won't take this route, but boy am I tempted.
After reading all this I am tempted to call up and place an order myself and ask these same questions. See if they tell me you can pause live tv from any receiver. If they tell me yes you can then I will be more then happy to rudely correct them on this fact. Since I install the services for our customers I happen to know for a fact that you cannot pause or rewind live tv from non dvr boxes and am personally fed up with having to break the news to the customer after the sales rep assured them they could. I probably won't take this route, but boy am I tempted.

21 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 2:24:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I bet that the Tier 1 CSR still thinks that you can pause from any TV.  I doubt if the Tier 2 person passed along / could pass along the info to the Tier 1 "help."
I bet that the Tier 1 CSR still thinks that you can pause from any TV.  I doubt if the Tier 2 person passed along / could pass along the info to the Tier 1 "help."

22 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 3:24:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yeah, I have always thought that AT&T was less than straightforward about their claims for this. Prior to THDVR, they regularly claimed that you could pause TV from any room without the adding the caveat that this only applied to recorded programs. I think that this would be misunderstood by almost anyone not familiar with Uverse. I'm sure that adding the term "live" in any discussion goes right over most folks heads.

I have had Uverse a little over a year and I love. It still irks me how this subject gets so misrepresented.

All systems have their quirks so I suppose that marketing has decreed that though shall not dwell on these sorts of details. LOL

I ran into an issue the other day with Dish that irked me. I was at my brothers house watching a program when the DVR preempted what I was watching. It turned out that the DVR was not smart enough to automatically switch to the other tuner. It just blew the live program away and I had to figure out how to switch to the other tuner manually to continue watching the live show. Very clunky and OT.

Larry

Yeah, I have always thought that AT&T was less than straightforward about their claims for this. Prior to THDVR, they regularly claimed that you could pause TV from any room without the adding the caveat that this only applied to recorded programs. I think that this would be misunderstood by almost anyone not familiar with Uverse. I'm sure that adding the term "live" in any discussion goes right over most folks heads.

I have had Uverse a little over a year and I love. It still irks me how this subject gets so misrepresented.

All systems have their quirks so I suppose that marketing has decreed that though shall not dwell on these sorts of details. LOL

I ran into an issue the other day with Dish that irked me. I was at my brothers house watching a program when the DVR preempted what I was watching. It turned out that the DVR was not smart enough to automatically switch to the other tuner. It just blew the live program away and I had to figure out how to switch to the other tuner manually to continue watching the live show. Very clunky and OT.

Larry

23 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 6:32:25 PM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

:smileysad:

spd2demun wrote:

:smileysad:

24 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 12:04:40 AM
(0)
Expert

Hey, I'm defending TS!  I'm sympathetic to their plight...most of the time. :smileywink:

I would think it'd be a little difficult to explain how UV works if you've never had it.  And obviously, ATT isn't always giving correct info during training, IMO.

Hey, I'm defending TS!  I'm sympathetic to their plight...most of the time. :smileywink:

I would think it'd be a little difficult to explain how UV works if you've never had it.  And obviously, ATT isn't always giving correct info during training, IMO.

25 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 5:19:05 AM
(0)
Master

Also some folks hear what they want to hear   imho

:_P)

Also some folks hear what they want to hear   imho

:_P)

26 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 5:35:59 AM
(0)
Expert
Yup
Yup

27 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 11:00:13 AM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

Their lack of knowledge is not because they dont have the service, its because most of them dont even bother to do their homework and not giving an effort to know how it really works. They are confident already of their knowledge and think they are right on what they are saying. They need to think out of the box, remove the "classroom" mentality they got from training, and open their minds to new learning. :smileyhappy:

spd2demun wrote:

Their lack of knowledge is not because they dont have the service, its because most of them dont even bother to do their homework and not giving an effort to know how it really works. They are confident already of their knowledge and think they are right on what they are saying. They need to think out of the box, remove the "classroom" mentality they got from training, and open their minds to new learning. :smileyhappy:

28 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 11:37:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

PowerCycle wrote:

That's what p!ssed me off so bad.  I've got it...I've had it awhile...I know what it's capable of and what it's NOT capable of and yet, the CSR still argued with me.

PowerCycle wrote:

That's what p!ssed me off so bad.  I've got it...I've had it awhile...I know what it's capable of and what it's NOT capable of and yet, the CSR still argued with me.

29 of 40 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2010 8:44:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

i just rec'd the service and am happy so far even though you cant pause live tv from non-dvr units. yes there is the record option and that does work fine.

i was wondering if anyone has tried to add an external drive to the non-dvr boxes thus making it dvr capable (via USB ports)? also can you just order another dvr unit if you cant live without pausing live tv rather than recording it?

i just rec'd the service and am happy so far even though you cant pause live tv from non-dvr units. yes there is the record option and that does work fine.

i was wondering if anyone has tried to add an external drive to the non-dvr boxes thus making it dvr capable (via USB ports)? also can you just order another dvr unit if you cant live without pausing live tv rather than recording it?

30 of 40 (882 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments