Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 27, 2010
6:32:01 PM
View profile
New customer - ESPN HD freezing

First night I had U-verse the cable froze 10 minutes into the Miami - Pitt game.  Called tech support and ended up having to do a DR.  Watched Sunday Night Football with no problem last night.  Tonight I'm watched 30 mins of Antiques Roadshow with no issues, but its frozen 3 times so far, 8:38 left to go in the 2nd Q of MNF on ESPN HD.  Soft reset has fixed it all 3 times.  If this is the way U-verse service is, I'm going to try Comcast.  This is ridiculious.

Any suggestions?

First night I had U-verse the cable froze 10 minutes into the Miami - Pitt game.  Called tech support and ended up having to do a DR.  Watched Sunday Night Football with no problem last night.  Tonight I'm watched 30 mins of Antiques Roadshow with no issues, but its frozen 3 times so far, 8:38 left to go in the 2nd Q of MNF on ESPN HD.  Soft reset has fixed it all 3 times.  If this is the way U-verse service is, I'm going to try Comcast.  This is ridiculious.

Any suggestions?

New customer - ESPN HD freezing

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 6:48:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have been having the same problems with ESPN for the past few days as well. When I switch to another channel and the switch back to ESPN, the screen remains dark for 20 seconds and then comes back on after stuttering. Will be interested in knowing if anyone else has the same issues.
I have been having the same problems with ESPN for the past few days as well. When I switch to another channel and the switch back to ESPN, the screen remains dark for 20 seconds and then comes back on after stuttering. Will be interested in knowing if anyone else has the same issues.

Re: New customer - ESPN HD freezing

2 of 4 (624 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 6:48:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Welcome to U-verse.  Download SomeJoe's tool in the link below and post screenshots of the "IP/Profile" , "Bitloading", "Coax/HPNA" pages here so that we can take a look at them and advise you.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Welcome to U-verse.  Download SomeJoe's tool in the link below and post screenshots of the "IP/Profile" , "Bitloading", "Coax/HPNA" pages here so that we can take a look at them and advise you.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 6:49:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Froze again.  4 times before the half.  I can't switch channels after it's frozen and I've let it sit for a few minutes - doesn't come back.

EDIT: added screenshot of realtime

Stats.png

Froze again.  4 times before the half.  I can't switch channels after it's frozen and I've let it sit for a few minutes - doesn't come back.

EDIT: added screenshot of realtime

Stats.png

4 of 4 (624 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments