Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 10, 2009
7:59:56 PM
View profile
New Youtube Problem!!

Hi all,

I'm using AT@T's Pro service, which is the 3.0 MBP service.  About two weeks ago, I started to have problems specifically with Youtube.com.  I have tried to watch videos on my ipod touch,using the wireless service (802.11g).  However,

it seems that the videos load, but do not even buffer at all, or only buffer for 4 seconds of video.  When I tried to diagnose the issue, I tried these few steps:

- Tried to use Youtube on all 3 browsers. Surprisingly, the normal-quality video is slow, with high-qual. and HD not even buffering at all.

- Restored my Ipod, to no avail.

- Reset the router (also nothing)

My question is: Are any of you guys experiencing the same issue? If so, do you guys have any idea how to correct this problem?

Facts:

-Place: Cupertino, CA

Hi all,

I'm using AT@T's Pro service, which is the 3.0 MBP service.  About two weeks ago, I started to have problems specifically with Youtube.com.  I have tried to watch videos on my ipod touch,using the wireless service (802.11g).  However,

it seems that the videos load, but do not even buffer at all, or only buffer for 4 seconds of video.  When I tried to diagnose the issue, I tried these few steps:

- Tried to use Youtube on all 3 browsers. Surprisingly, the normal-quality video is slow, with high-qual. and HD not even buffering at all.

My question is: Are any of you guys experiencing the same issue? If so, do you guys have any idea how to correct this problem?

Facts:

New Youtube Problem!!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2009 7:40:02 AM
(0)
Master

jiuqielin wrote:

Hi all,

Facts:

Is your Ipod hard drive full? There may not be enough room for the buffer. Just a thought as I don't have an ipod (refuse to feed the apple monster).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

jiuqielin wrote:

Hi all,

Facts:

Is your Ipod hard drive full? There may not be enough room for the buffer. Just a thought as I don't have an ipod (refuse to feed the apple monster).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

neon_sign.jpg

Re: New Youtube Problem!!

2 of 5 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2009 12:18:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

"Just a thought as I don't have an ipod (refuse to feed the apple monster)."

i thought i was the only person on this earth that felt that way. for years and years i have had to listen to how good apple is. finally, there is another person as smart as i am.

i thought i was the only person on this earth that felt that way. for years and years i have had to listen to how good apple is. finally, there is another person as smart as i am.

3 of 5 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2009 5:15:44 PM
(0)
Guru

needa wrote:

I went 39 years before I purchased anything Apple. I just  purchased an iPhone 3G and Im sold. I am still sticking with Microsoft for laptops and computers, but for music, entertainment, apps, and business use integrated into one device, theres no comparison.
Message Edited by CGI on 02-12-2009 12:16 PM

needa wrote:

I went 39 years before I purchased anything Apple. I just  purchased an iPhone 3G and Im sold. I am still sticking with Microsoft for laptops and computers, but for music, entertainment, apps, and business use integrated into one device, theres no comparison.
Message Edited by CGI on 02-12-2009 12:16 PM

4 of 5 (908 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2009 6:43:11 PM
(0)
Mentor

i found some info for ya since this thread went on a different course.

are you using ur touch as a computer? if u are. turn it off and try it.

here is the link

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126943 

"I went 39 years before I purchased anything Apple. I just  purchased an iPhone 3G and Im sold. I am still sticking with Microsoft for laptops and computers, but for music, entertainment, apps, and business use integrated into one device, theres no comparison"

att cell phone coverage is sub par compared to verizon where i am located. if it wasnt for that, i would have had an iphone a long time ago. lucky me...they are coming out with iphone killers. 

i found some info for ya since this thread went on a different course.

are you using ur touch as a computer? if u are. turn it off and try it.

here is the link

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126943 

"I went 39 years before I purchased anything Apple. I just  purchased an iPhone 3G and Im sold. I am still sticking with Microsoft for laptops and computers, but for music, entertainment, apps, and business use integrated into one device, theres no comparison"

att cell phone coverage is sub par compared to verizon where i am located. if it wasnt for that, i would have had an iphone a long time ago. lucky me...they are coming out with iphone killers. 

5 of 5 (908 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments