Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 31, 2010
1:28:26 PM
View profile
New Uverse Customer, Internet speed 10Mbps lower than expected

I am a new Uverse customer and have had some issues with my service. My profile is 32/5 Mbps. I am paying for 24 Mbps however, the most i get is 15Mbps. I have no other Uverse Services. I have called customer support and they sent a tech out who replaced the RG (3800HGV - b) with a brand new one, but they could not get a higher speed. We only had one laptop connected to the RG. We tried with his and mine, same result. It is using the telephone lines as a connection, and I am supposedly 1200 feet or so to the VRAD. 

One other thing they lowerd my plan to the 18Mbps, and I still only got a max of 15. They then returned it to the 24 Mbps, and there was no change. 

Any ideas?

I am a new Uverse customer and have had some issues with my service. My profile is 32/5 Mbps. I am paying for 24 Mbps however, the most i get is 15Mbps. I have no other Uverse Services. I have called customer support and they sent a tech out who replaced the RG (3800HGV - b) with a brand new one, but they could not get a higher speed. We only had one laptop connected to the RG. We tried with his and mine, same result. It is using the telephone lines as a connection, and I am supposedly 1200 feet or so to the VRAD. 

One other thing they lowerd my plan to the 18Mbps, and I still only got a max of 15. They then returned it to the 24 Mbps, and there was no change. 

Any ideas?

New Uverse Customer, Internet speed 10Mbps lower than expected

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 1:37:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First try this if on XP:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23190576-Slow-speeds-after-upgrading-to-12-or-18-meg-internet-XP-OS

But if not on XP, you're at 1200', probably too far for 24M internet anyway currently, even 18M if only getting 15M max.  I'd go to 12M plan and get full 12M, but if more speed needed, another provider is only way to go here.  :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

First try this if on XP:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23190576-Slow-speeds-after-upgrading-to-12-or-18-meg-internet-XP-OS

But if not on XP, you're at 1200', probably too far for 24M internet anyway currently, even 18M if only getting 15M max.  I'd go to 12M plan and get full 12M, but if more speed needed, another provider is only way to go here.  :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New Uverse Customer, Internet speed 10Mbps lower than expected

2 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 1:49:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is there a way to tell at the RG how far you are? Because I received to different numbers the install guy said 400 - 500 feet, and the other said 1200. According to them, and the tier 1 techs, and tier 2 I should have 24Mbps. 

Is there a way to tell at the RG how far you are? Because I received to different numbers the install guy said 400 - 500 feet, and the other said 1200. According to them, and the tier 1 techs, and tier 2 I should have 24Mbps. 

3 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 1:53:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

1951i2A7266CC94C0A8C4Actually I used the tool posted here on the forums and it states distance is 800 feet

1951i2A7266CC94C0A8C4Actually I used the tool posted here on the forums and it states distance is 800 feet

4 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 3:25:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That's not an exact distance, but SomeJoe infers from the different readings a close accuracy.   Send an email to uversecare@att.com explaining what's happening and link to this thread, w/your name, acct #, good phone number and time to call, Matt or one of the other tier 2 guys hopefully will get back to you early next week.   Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

That's not an exact distance, but SomeJoe infers from the different readings a close accuracy.   Send an email to uversecare@att.com explaining what's happening and link to this thread, w/your name, acct #, good phone number and time to call, Matt or one of the other tier 2 guys hopefully will get back to you early next week.   Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2010 3:52:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ok I will do that.
Ok I will do that.

6 of 9 (1,023 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 11:48:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Where is this tool located? I would like to have a copy of it.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks

Steve

7 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 1:21:15 PM
(0)
Expert

sschr wrote:

Thanks

Steve

Click the link in my signature that says "U-Verse Realtime", that will get you to the thread than contains the download link.

sschr wrote:

Thanks

Steve

Click the link in my signature that says "U-Verse Realtime", that will get you to the thread than contains the download link.

8 of 9 (1,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2010 1:46:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks. Downloading it as I type.

Thanks. Downloading it as I type.

9 of 9 (1,023 Views)