New Internet Customer - Help with Registration

Teacher

New Internet Customer - Help with Registration

So I've been a U-verse TV customer for close to a year and am happy with the service.  Earlier this week I finally added U-verse Internet (Pro), and installation is scheduled for next week.  However, since I have a laptop with wireless, I thought I should be able to connect without a technician coming to my apartment since I already have the equipment.  (I asked the sales rep about this and he more or less told me that I could, but corporate policy required them to send someone out for installation)  Anyway, I messed around with it a little bit, and sure enough, I was able to connect (it tells me I'm connected to both the network and the Internet).

So here's my problem:  When I open Internet Explorer, it automatically goes to the U-verse registration page.  I don't think this would be a problem except that I've already registered online (on a computer at a different location, if that makes any difference).  So it tells me that I already have an account and don't need to register, but there's no place for me to sign in (It's either continue with registration or exit).  And when I try to go to any other site (aside from the 2Wire home page) I'm taken back to the registration page.  There has to be a way around this, and it seems like it would be a simple solution, but I'm not quite sure what to do.  If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.     

Message 1 of 8
Scholar

Re: New Internet Customer - Help with Registration

Not sure if you are trying to sign in to email but here is the link

http://att.my.yahoo.com/

or if you are attempting to access your account.

http://www.att.com/

Message 2 of 8
Teacher

The problem is that it won't let me go to any other sites.  If I were to type in either of the above sites I would just be taken back to the registration page.  This is the page that I'm referring to:

https://lsreg.att.net/LightspeedRegWeb/ProcessByIP.do

Any ideas on why this is happening/how to get around it?

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Because you don't have ATT Uverse internet yet, you are only a TV customer. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Teacher

Probably true, in which case I'm an idiot.  I was just confused because my computer was telling me I was connected to the Internet.
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

This is called the "walled garden."  You will be stuck in this registration looping until

the order for the uverse internet is completed.  Once completed, the tech should walk you through

the registration process

Message 6 of 8
Teacher

What wizkid said.

Your RG has to be registered to allow outside the "walled garden".  Technically you are connected, but until you're fully registered you will be stuck at the reg site.

There can be problems with the registration, which is one reason they want to send techs out.  It prevents calls into their centers for these sort of issues.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

teddanny wrote:
Probably true, in which case I'm an idiot.  I was just confused because my computer was telling me I was connected to the Internet.

Actually you're connected to the network (the 2 techs called it the 'walled garden') and not the internet,

your computer can't tell the difference. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support