Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 28, 2010
3:06:08 PM
View profile
New Install - How Does It Look?

Just had my service installed about 30 minutes ago and was curious on how my stats look.  Any input on how the line looks?

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Stats.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Interfaces.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Bitloading.png[/IMG]

Just had my service installed about 30 minutes ago and was curious on how my stats look.  Any input on how the line looks?

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Stats.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Interfaces.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff337/crimetint/Bitloading.png[/IMG]

New Install - How Does It Look?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 4:01:22 PM
(0)
Expert

Please also post a screenshot of the bitloading tab.

Please also post a screenshot of the bitloading tab.

Re: New Install - How Does It Look?

2 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 4:03:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

Added that to the original post.

Added that to the original post.

3 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 8:10:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hope the images will show up now. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Hope the images will show up now. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 10:07:08 PM
(0)
Expert

I think you have a bridge tap on your line.

Call tech support, have them send a premises tech, he will check the line and if necessary, will dispatch the linesmen group (I&R) to find and remove the bridge tap.

After the bridge tap is removed, the max rate will come up and the line will run without errors.

If they can't find and remove the bridge tap or condition the line to improve the max rate, then they need to lower the profile to 19/2 in order for the line to run without errors.

I think you have a bridge tap on your line.

Call tech support, have them send a premises tech, he will check the line and if necessary, will dispatch the linesmen group (I&R) to find and remove the bridge tap.

After the bridge tap is removed, the max rate will come up and the line will run without errors.

If they can't find and remove the bridge tap or condition the line to improve the max rate, then they need to lower the profile to 19/2 in order for the line to run without errors.

5 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 7:28:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you very much for the help on this SomeJoe777!!!  Any idea what to tell tech support?  Do I tell them i think I have a bridge tap or will they think I am nuts?

Thank you very much for the help on this SomeJoe777!!!  Any idea what to tell tech support?  Do I tell them i think I have a bridge tap or will they think I am nuts?

6 of 11 (936 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 8:03:33 AM
(0)
Guru

Yeah well, unfortunately I think that they will think you're nuts, but then again these people at the 1-800 number aren't exactly the brightest bulb in the package.

Best idea is to skip the phone script readers and just email uversecare@att.com and tell the Tier-2 Technicians that way.  All you have to include is your uVerse Account Number and an explanation of what we think may be the cause of your issue.

Yeah well, unfortunately I think that they will think you're nuts, but then again these people at the 1-800 number aren't exactly the brightest bulb in the package.

Best idea is to skip the phone script readers and just email uversecare@att.com and tell the Tier-2 Technicians that way.  All you have to include is your uVerse Account Number and an explanation of what we think may be the cause of your issue.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

7 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 9:02:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just fired off a email to support.  I will post back with the reply and results.  Thanks again for the help!

I just fired off a email to support.  I will post back with the reply and results.  Thanks again for the help!

8 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 11:14:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Got an email back from Matt, that was fast!!  Not the best news but I will deal with it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we’re maxing your line out, there’s not bridgetap, no errors on the line, and the noise graph looks great, even so if we could raise the max sync rate on the download we wouldn’t be able to upgrade your profile. You would need at least 6Mbps upload speed for us to be able to upgrade you, and your line currently only has 4Mbps, this would cause you a lot of issues with your services. I do apologize for the inconvenience, is there anything else I can do for you?

Got an email back from Matt, that was fast!!  Not the best news but I will deal with it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we’re maxing your line out, there’s not bridgetap, no errors on the line, and the noise graph looks great, even so if we could raise the max sync rate on the download we wouldn’t be able to upgrade your profile. You would need at least 6Mbps upload speed for us to be able to upgrade you, and your line currently only has 4Mbps, this would cause you a lot of issues with your services. I do apologize for the inconvenience, is there anything else I can do for you?

9 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 11:47:04 AM
(0)
Guru

Send an email back to him stating that you'd like to be put on the list of people to be upgraded to the pair-bonded service as soon as they start deploying it again.  Don't know when they will start deploying pair-bonded service again since last I heard they were having some technical issues with the iNIDs.

Send an email back to him stating that you'd like to be put on the list of people to be upgraded to the pair-bonded service as soon as they start deploying it again.  Don't know when they will start deploying pair-bonded service again since last I heard they were having some technical issues with the iNIDs.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

10 of 11 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 3:49:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did send the email about the pair bonded service and it is not available in my area.  He said to check back in a couple of months and see than. 

Thanks again for all of the help from everyone!

I did send the email about the pair bonded service and it is not available in my area.  He said to check back in a couple of months and see than. 

Thanks again for all of the help from everyone!

11 of 11 (294 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments