Helpful Links

Network Interface

Teacher

Network Interface

Just downloaded Realtime v1.5.0.0 and went to streams tab, which sent me to configuration tab.  Got this message...network interface is disabled or otherwise not valid.  Please choose a valid interface card before enabling STB information gathering....What does all this mean?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Network Interface

It's not working on the NIC you have chosen.  There should be a drop down list (lower right side) on the configuration tab to choose the correct 1.  Then make sure the stream gathering box is checked. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

There is only one choice listed in the drop-down:  " Network adapter 'Microsoft' on local host".  And when I check "Enable gathering....,"  I get the message telling me to choose a valid interface.  Seems to be a vicious circle.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Are you connected by ethernet directly to the RG or are you behind a router? :smileysurprised:

Edit:  In mine I see 'Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Driver'.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Teacher

Connected directly.  But i DID finally get it to work, although I really don't know how.  I rebooted the computer, and reopened the program.  This time there were three choices in the dropdown.  All three were the same thing (the Microsoft thing).  So just for laughs I picked the last one in the list, and all was well.  Must have been Kismet or something.  Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support