Netflix Streaming Through x360 goes from 1 bar to 4 bars and back and forth

Netflix Streaming Through x360 goes from 1 bar to 4 bars and back and forth

I am having problems with my Xbox streaming netflix.  I have the 6Mbps internet though Uverse.

I have one DVR, 3 Set top boxes, all connected through cable or cat5(6?).  3 Computers hooked up through Cat5.  One was off.   None downloading anything actively.  2 laptops on wireless, a wii on wireless and the 360 on wireless.  

Sometimes I get 4 bars and full HD streaming.  Last night I had it for a while, then the movie dropped to 1 bar and was at 1 bar for the rest of the movie. 

I can stream on my laptop to netflix streaming but it does not say what speed it is, or if it is HD so I do not know what quality I am getting it doesn't look HD to me. 

Do you think I have to slow of a connection for as many things as I have connected?  Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
Guru

Re: Netflix Streaming Through x360 goes from 1 bar to 4 bars and back and forth

No, unless you've got big downloads or other high-bandwidth things going on at the same time, 6 Mbps is fine for Netflix HD streaming.

Only thing I can figure is either (A) the Xbox 360 is lagging or having network issues for some reason, or (B) something downstream (i.e. in between you and Netflix) is having a congestion problem causing your movie to drop to 1 bar qualiity.

Does it happen a lot?

Message 2 of 7

Yes every movie I stream

Message 3 of 7
Tutor

have you tryed watching a movie with the 360 hook up to a network cable insted of wireless?

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

No I have not tried this. 

Message 5 of 7
Guru

thereviewer wrote:

No I have not tried this. 

It's worth a try -- it would tell us whether the issue is with your Internet or with your wifi.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Yeah, dump the wireless, and plug ethernet directly into the STB box on the back from the xbox. Mine was active and a very nice suprise.  Its much faster than the wireless. 

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support