Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 20, 2011
4:19:59 PM
View profile
Need help finding old emails

I recently migrated my bellsouth.net email account to a U-Verse account.  All of my old emails got wiped out in the process.  I know that they are sitting on an AT&T (bellsouth) server somewhere because I had the box in my email client checked to leave a copy on the server. 

They are not in the archive on my machine.  I have talked to about ten people from AT&T with no resolution.

Does anyone have any suggestions (besides giving up)?

I recently migrated my bellsouth.net email account to a U-Verse account.  All of my old emails got wiped out in the process.  I know that they are sitting on an AT&T (bellsouth) server somewhere because I had the box in my email client checked to leave a copy on the server. 

They are not in the archive on my machine.  I have talked to about ten people from AT&T with no resolution.

Does anyone have any suggestions (besides giving up)?

Need help finding old emails

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 7:14:06 AM
(0)
Expert

I came from SBC and all of my emails remained via the Yahoo site (logging in with old sbc addy).

I came from SBC and all of my emails remained via the Yahoo site (logging in with old sbc addy).

Re: Need help finding old emails

2 of 4 (914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 8:34:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

Unfortunately they are not longer there.  I have also searched all the backups on my computers and they are not there either.

Unfortunately they are not longer there.  I have also searched all the backups on my computers and they are not there either.

3 of 4 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 8:44:34 AM
(0)
Expert

Do you recall if they asked if you'd like to merge email accounts when you signed up for UV?

Do you recall if they asked if you'd like to merge email accounts when you signed up for UV?

4 of 4 (900 Views)