Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 3, 2011
5:18:37 PM
View profile
Need assistance with 2wire3801 hgv
Edited by pamelaz on Apr 3, 2011 at 5:54:51 PM

I recently switched from cox cable to att u-verse. I have had some of the worst possible experience with lying sales reps and horrible customer/technical service support.

Prior to switching I had a linksys 54wrtg router that was easily configured with port forwarding for Slingbox and my IP cameras.

I have been to 2wires website and they do not even list the 3801 hgv as a device they support. This is a brand new never been used device. Some company should offer a degree of techincal support on it without having to pay. There is NO user guide for me to even read on to try and figure it out. I spent 2 hours on the phone with technical support who in the end just wanted to transfer me over to a service that would charge me regardless if a solution was found or not.

This was such a SIMPLE process with my linksys router ...{word filter evasion}

I just need to get my IP cameras working and the darn ({word filter evasion}) sling box like it was with the other company. In the end, I see this going down as no assistance from att and me canceling this service before the end of the month.

I recently switched from cox cable to att u-verse. I have had some of the worst possible experience with lying sales reps and horrible customer/technical service support.

Prior to switching I had a linksys 54wrtg router that was easily configured with port forwarding for Slingbox and my IP cameras.

I have been to 2wires website and they do not even list the 3801 hgv as a device they support. This is a brand new never been used device. Some company should offer a degree of techincal support on it without having to pay. There is NO user guide for me to even read on to try and figure it out. I spent 2 hours on the phone with technical support who in the end just wanted to transfer me over to a service that would charge me regardless if a solution was found or not.

I just need to get my IP cameras working and the darn ({word filter evasion}) sling box like it was with the other company. In the end, I see this going down as no assistance from att and me canceling this service before the end of the month.

Need assistance with 2wire3801 hgv

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 6:44:55 PM
(0)
Contributor
All I can say is, I hope someone from the USA reads these posts for ATT! I can't help you but I wanted to get one more post on here talking about how ridiculously difficult it is to get any help with ANYTHING! I do not want help from someone from Bangladesh reading a script! They are horrible in dividing anything. I have been waiting for 4 days to get my 2wire Internet back. After hours of waiting and chatting and conversing with other countries finally got a tech. Of course he could not fix it. Set up an appointment for the following day. They cannot give out who or a phone contact, just a smile and say they will be here from 8 to 5! I guarantee my time is worth more than theirs. Guess what NOSHOW! No phone call no nothing. Of course after trying to get a hold of someone again was next to impossible (again) but when I finally did, the script was read again in a foreign accented tone. Once again be promised to have another rep. Boy I can hardly wait. Is there no management at ALL at this company??? Who runs this public fiasco? Is no one accountable? If you honestly think I am going to jump into this new "verse" program or anything else ATT brain storms, forget it. Heaven help T mobile! Maybe someone at Verizon will read these posts and forward them to Tmobile shareholders!
All I can say is, I hope someone from the USA reads these posts for ATT! I can't help you but I wanted to get one more post on here talking about how ridiculously difficult it is to get any help with ANYTHING! I do not want help from someone from Bangladesh reading a script! They are horrible in dividing anything. I have been waiting for 4 days to get my 2wire Internet back. After hours of waiting and chatting and conversing with other countries finally got a tech. Of course he could not fix it. Set up an appointment for the following day. They cannot give out who or a phone contact, just a smile and say they will be here from 8 to 5! I guarantee my time is worth more than theirs. Guess what NOSHOW! No phone call no nothing. Of course after trying to get a hold of someone again was next to impossible (again) but when I finally did, the script was read again in a foreign accented tone. Once again be promised to have another rep. Boy I can hardly wait. Is there no management at ALL at this company??? Who runs this public fiasco? Is no one accountable? If you honestly think I am going to jump into this new "verse" program or anything else ATT brain storms, forget it. Heaven help T mobile! Maybe someone at Verizon will read these posts and forward them to Tmobile shareholders!

Re: Need assistance with 2wire3801 hgv

2 of 5 (1,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 9:21:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

scottboyington2 wrote:

I have been to 2wires website and they do not even list the 3801 hgv as a device they support. This is a brand new never been used device. Some company should offer a degree of technical support on it without having to pay. There is NO user guide for me to even read on to try and figure it out. I spent 2 hours on the phone with technical support who in the end just wanted to transfer me over to a service that would charge me regardless if a solution was found or not.

First, I do not work for AT&T or any other ISP, but if you want some help I will certainly help. Is the only issue you have "Port Forwarding"? Also, 2wire refers to ports as PinHoles, that could be part of you confusion.

Let me know and I will try and give you a step-by-step list of how to forward the desired Port(s) to a Static IP. Just give me some information such as what port(s) need to be forwarded to what IP (or Computer Name if Listed).

scottboyington2 wrote:

I have been to 2wires website and they do not even list the 3801 hgv as a device they support. This is a brand new never been used device. Some company should offer a degree of technical support on it without having to pay. There is NO user guide for me to even read on to try and figure it out. I spent 2 hours on the phone with technical support who in the end just wanted to transfer me over to a service that would charge me regardless if a solution was found or not.

First, I do not work for AT&T or any other ISP, but if you want some help I will certainly help. Is the only issue you have "Port Forwarding"? Also, 2wire refers to ports as PinHoles, that could be part of you confusion.

Let me know and I will try and give you a step-by-step list of how to forward the desired Port(s) to a Static IP. Just give me some information such as what port(s) need to be forwarded to what IP (or Computer Name if Listed).

3 of 5 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2011 9:32:43 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bubbba on Apr 3, 2011 at 9:37:11 PM

One other thing. You mentioned you didn't have the manual for your Gateway.  I thought I had downloaded it a while back. I will see if I can find it and post a link here if I do.

One other thing. You mentioned you didn't have the manual for your Gateway.  I thought I had downloaded it a while back. I will see if I can find it and post a link here if I do.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (1,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2011 8:58:47 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bubbba on Apr 26, 2011 at 9:00:26 AM

I posted a message about how to forward ports on the 3801 over here.

I posted a message about how to forward ports on the 3801 over here.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (858 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments