Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 5, 2011
6:15:13 AM
View profile
My U-verse experience

So, I moved to a new location where ATT U-verse is one of two cable companies.  I went with ATT...I never have had had any ATT service before.  They gave me a 1-3 time slot to install...the lady showed up at 2.  About 4 hours into the job she asked to use my new toilet (one my wife and I haven't even used since we moved in the same day).  This being a brand new house I pointed her to the toilet.  20 minutes later she comes out and ask if we have a plunger as she has stopped up my new toilet.  Since a used plungers isn't really something you move with I had to make a trip to the hardware store and buy a new one.  When I got back, yes, I had to plunge her poo down the toilet.  After another 2 hours thus being 8PM at night I asked how much longer?  She said they should have told you it takes a long time, and I responded by saying they said 3-4 hours.  I have twin boys that need to be a sleep by 8PM, so I started to put them down with her still working.  Around 11PM her now at my house for 9 hours and after she had called into help and saying things like "I wished I would have known that"  about 3-4 times I was really worried.  I finally locked her out of my house knowing her tools where outside around 11:30PM and went to bed.  I called back in the next day since the cable was messed up and had technical support fix some issues.  I was back on track until 2 weeks later April 21 our cable went out.  When I called into care the guy on the phone actually laughed at me when I told him a 5-9PM window was unacceptible and I was paying for a service I wasn't getting.  When I talked to his supervisor he didn't care about my issues either.  He said take 5-9 or nothing...wow ATT really take care of their customers.  So at 8:45 that night again having to put the twins down, and if you have 5 month old twins YOU SLEEP WHEN THEY SLEEP the tech finally shows up.  The kids name was Dustin and a very nice kid that actually made me feel like he cared a bit.  We told him of our story and he said this is bad since they are trained not to use the restroom of customers.  Dustin after being in my basement for 20 mins comes up and states he can't fix the issue and that their is another tech down the street that they think is working on an outage that will fix it.  Dustin leaves and we don't have service, but 20 minutes later being after 10PM he calls me when I am in bed and says I think the issue is resolved can I come back to make sure.  He wanted to come back since he gets a green check for a completed job, but he really didn't do anything...just crazy!  However, he was nice and told him to get back make it quick.  I was just happy that my mother who watched my boys during the day will have TV service the next day.  We were back on track until today exactly two weeks from 4/21...5/4.  Today again woke up to find no service again.  After having the tech on the phone running through hoops finding the motum and getting a screw driver to get the cover box off where she put the modem and unplugging and doing about 30 mins worth of other stuff finally tells me he can't help me and he needs to send a tech.  Oh, and guess what we can't get to our house until tonight between 5-9PM.  Are you kidding me?  I just have to laugh at this point, and he again really didn't care about my needs our that I have a life other than calling into ATT to fix problems.  After telling him calmly my experience he comes back and tells me that he has a 12-4PM that has opened up.  OK, so here I sit having to ajust my working day and work from home today and wait for the ATT tech which is going to be here between 12-4.  I am just dumbfounded and wanted to share my story with others since the management team doesn't care about their customers.  I would think that is there were installations that I was behind they would bump one of those to get to a house that is paying for service they are not receiving.  At this point I really think I might be doing them a favor.  I asked if they could do any type of credits or anything because of the issues I have been having and everyone I've talked to simply says "no".  I never complain about service ever, but this seems to be pretty funny.  I know ATT does a good job for customers because I heard about them prior to getting service, so I'm sure there are customers out there that are happy, and someday I hope to become one of you.

So, I moved to a new location where ATT U-verse is one of two cable companies.  I went with ATT...I never have had had any ATT service before.  They gave me a 1-3 time slot to install...the lady showed up at 2.  About 4 hours into the job she asked to use my new toilet (one my wife and I haven't even used since we moved in the same day).  This being a brand new house I pointed her to the toilet.  20 minutes later she comes out and ask if we have a plunger as she has stopped up my new toilet.  Since a used plungers isn't really something you move with I had to make a trip to the hardware store and buy a new one.  When I got back, yes, I had to plunge her poo down the toilet.  After another 2 hours thus being 8PM at night I asked how much longer?  She said they should have told you it takes a long time, and I responded by saying they said 3-4 hours.  I have twin boys that need to be a sleep by 8PM, so I started to put them down with her still working.  Around 11PM her now at my house for 9 hours and after she had called into help and saying things like "I wished I would have known that"  about 3-4 times I was really worried.  I finally locked her out of my house knowing her tools where outside around 11:30PM and went to bed.  I called back in the next day since the cable was messed up and had technical support fix some issues.  I was back on track until 2 weeks later April 21 our cable went out.  When I called into care the guy on the phone actually laughed at me when I told him a 5-9PM window was unacceptible and I was paying for a service I wasn't getting.  When I talked to his supervisor he didn't care about my issues either.  He said take 5-9 or nothing...wow ATT really take care of their customers.  So at 8:45 that night again having to put the twins down, and if you have 5 month old twins YOU SLEEP WHEN THEY SLEEP the tech finally shows up.  The kids name was Dustin and a very nice kid that actually made me feel like he cared a bit.  We told him of our story and he said this is bad since they are trained not to use the restroom of customers.  Dustin after being in my basement for 20 mins comes up and states he can't fix the issue and that their is another tech down the street that they think is working on an outage that will fix it.  Dustin leaves and we don't have service, but 20 minutes later being after 10PM he calls me when I am in bed and says I think the issue is resolved can I come back to make sure.  He wanted to come back since he gets a green check for a completed job, but he really didn't do anything...just crazy!  However, he was nice and told him to get back make it quick.  I was just happy that my mother who watched my boys during the day will have TV service the next day.  We were back on track until today exactly two weeks from 4/21...5/4.  Today again woke up to find no service again.  After having the tech on the phone running through hoops finding the motum and getting a screw driver to get the cover box off where she put the modem and unplugging and doing about 30 mins worth of other stuff finally tells me he can't help me and he needs to send a tech.  Oh, and guess what we can't get to our house until tonight between 5-9PM.  Are you kidding me?  I just have to laugh at this point, and he again really didn't care about my needs our that I have a life other than calling into ATT to fix problems.  After telling him calmly my experience he comes back and tells me that he has a 12-4PM that has opened up.  OK, so here I sit having to ajust my working day and work from home today and wait for the ATT tech which is going to be here between 12-4.  I am just dumbfounded and wanted to share my story with others since the management team doesn't care about their customers.  I would think that is there were installations that I was behind they would bump one of those to get to a house that is paying for service they are not receiving.  At this point I really think I might be doing them a favor.  I asked if they could do any type of credits or anything because of the issues I have been having and everyone I've talked to simply says "no".  I never complain about service ever, but this seems to be pretty funny.  I know ATT does a good job for customers because I heard about them prior to getting service, so I'm sure there are customers out there that are happy, and someday I hope to become one of you.

My U-verse experience

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2011 7:44:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on May 5, 2011 at 7:45:16 AM

I lost interest in your post right about the poo plunging incident.Smiley Sad  What ever happened, I hope it gets corrected.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I lost interest in your post right about the poo plunging incident.Smiley Sad  What ever happened, I hope it gets corrected.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My U-verse experience

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2011 7:43:26 PM
(0)
Guru

It was long, but I read through it!  I had a much more positive overall experience, but I did have a service outage about a year or so ago.  This happened about 8-9 pm, and it was too late for a tech that night, but they offered me a next day service call.  I turned it down because I couldn't miss work on such short notice and set up an 8-12am appointment for a day or two later.  Even though I was offered next day service and had to turn it down, they offered me a credit for the full 3 days my service was out (without having to ask for it).  The tech showed up on time and the problem was fixed within about 2-3 hours (outside weather-related damage to a line).    I would call back and request a credit again--sometimes just talking to a different CSR makes all the difference.  Good luck.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

It was long, but I read through it!  I had a much more positive overall experience, but I did have a service outage about a year or so ago.  This happened about 8-9 pm, and it was too late for a tech that night, but they offered me a next day service call.  I turned it down because I couldn't miss work on such short notice and set up an 8-12am appointment for a day or two later.  Even though I was offered next day service and had to turn it down, they offered me a credit for the full 3 days my service was out (without having to ask for it).  The tech showed up on time and the problem was fixed within about 2-3 hours (outside weather-related damage to a line).    I would call back and request a credit again--sometimes just talking to a different CSR makes all the difference.  Good luck.

docbombay

3 of 6 (476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 1:29:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

The customer service management team at ATT really seems to think customers are an expendable commodity and that for every customer lost they can find another.  I have never been treated so poorly as I was by ATT and I, also, have never once complained on one of these forums.  They need to scrap their entire customer service program and start again.  Your experience sounds similar, if not a bit worse, than mine.  The plunger incident, however, is a bit comical.

The customer service management team at ATT really seems to think customers are an expendable commodity and that for every customer lost they can find another.  I have never been treated so poorly as I was by ATT and I, also, have never once complained on one of these forums.  They need to scrap their entire customer service program and start again.  Your experience sounds similar, if not a bit worse, than mine.  The plunger incident, however, is a bit comical.

4 of 6 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 3:44:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have not had any bad experiences with ATT csrs.  I have even gotten them to cancell automatic payments after the time passed to stop the payment.  I don't doubt for a moment what you experienced, but what we have advised people to do when they get a uncooperative csr.  Is to just hang up and call back to speak to a more cooperative one.  ATTs csrs are the same as the csrs of any other company.  They are all human beings with all of the flaws and benefits. If you haven't given up on Uverse yet, I recommend you come here to get info or just hang up and call back when you get a bad csr.  Just a thought.

I have not had any bad experiences with ATT csrs.  I have even gotten them to cancell automatic payments after the time passed to stop the payment.  I don't doubt for a moment what you experienced, but what we have advised people to do when they get a uncooperative csr.  Is to just hang up and call back to speak to a more cooperative one.  ATTs csrs are the same as the csrs of any other company.  They are all human beings with all of the flaws and benefits. If you haven't given up on Uverse yet, I recommend you come here to get info or just hang up and call back when you get a bad csr.  Just a thought.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (377 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2011 9:32:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jblahav wrote:

I have found the opposite to be the case.  I have had much more success with U-Verse CS than Comcast, Chase Bank and other large companies.  I read your other post, too.  There are other ways besides a peer to peer (customer to customer) forum to let AT&T know about issues tat you've had.

Good Luck.

jblahav wrote:

I have found the opposite to be the case.  I have had much more success with U-Verse CS than Comcast, Chase Bank and other large companies.  I read your other post, too.  There are other ways besides a peer to peer (customer to customer) forum to let AT&T know about issues tat you've had.

Good Luck.

6 of 6 (328 Views)