Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 25, 2010
5:40:21 PM
View profile
My Stats

I am interested in your analysis of my stats.  I hope I did this rights.  Thanks.

I am interested in your analysis of my stats.  I hope I did this rights.  Thanks.

My Stats

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 5:43:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nothing showed up and nothing pending for us either. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Nothing showed up and nothing pending for us either. Smiley Surprised

Chris

1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My Stats

2 of 16 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 5:52:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

I copied the photo links from Picasa...any idea what I am doing wrong?

I copied the photo links from Picasa...any idea what I am doing wrong?

3 of 16 (1,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 5:54:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Go to the picassa page and actually right-click and copy the web address at the top of the page and then just paste it here don't use the link insert. Smiley Wink

Chris

Go to the picassa page and actually right-click and copy the web address at the top of the page and then just paste it here don't use the link insert. Smiley Wink

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (1,041 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 6:02:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Looks like something happened 4:26:54 before this snapshot, the corrected blocks are of no concern as they are corrected. Smiley Wink

Chris

Looks like something happened 4:26:54 before this snapshot, the corrected blocks are of no concern as they are corrected. Smiley Wink

Chris

6 of 16 (1,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2010 9:21:16 PM
(0)
Expert

There may be a small bridge tap on the line but it looks to be causing only a very minimal interference with your service.

Unless you have repeated incidents of retrains or picture freezing & pixelation, I wouldn't worry about it.

There may be a small bridge tap on the line but it looks to be causing only a very minimal interference with your service.

Unless you have repeated incidents of retrains or picture freezing & pixelation, I wouldn't worry about it.

7 of 16 (984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 7:12:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks.  It seems like a complete reboot resolved some pixelation and freezing issues.  Still seeing a few errors and uncorrectable blocks every few days but I will ignore those per your advice.

Thanks.  It seems like a complete reboot resolved some pixelation and freezing issues.  Still seeing a few errors and uncorrectable blocks every few days but I will ignore those per your advice.

8 of 16 (897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2011 8:13:56 AM
(0)
Scholar

I've been experiencing some picture freezing lately with the picture going all black for all channels before it comes back.  ESPN audio breaks up even in stereo but worse with surround on - maybe just an ESPN issue, although not sure.  I checked my stats and it seems like something has gone wrong lately.  I'd appreciate your advice.  Thanks.

I've been experiencing some picture freezing lately with the picture going all black for all channels before it comes back.  ESPN audio breaks up even in stereo but worse with surround on - maybe just an ESPN issue, although not sure.  I checked my stats and it seems like something has gone wrong lately.  I'd appreciate your advice.  Thanks.

9 of 16 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2011 9:05:03 AM
(0)
Expert

As soon as your images are approved, someone can take a look. Smiley Happy

As soon as your images are approved, someone can take a look. Smiley Happy

10 of 16 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2011 7:21:04 AM
(0)
Expert

Looks like this might be an interference issue.  There appears to be a source of interference around 1.3 MHz from your bitloading graph.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Looks like this might be an interference issue.  There appears to be a source of interference around 1.3 MHz from your bitloading graph.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

11 of 16 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2011 7:15:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

No fluorescent lights here nor street lights nearby in my neighborhood;  RG is grounded properly and so is NID;  Not sure about HAM, but know my immediate neighbors are not HAM radio operators;  AM station is about two miles away.  Electrical power plant is within two miles.  Have a hot tub and cat5 cable runs right behind it's conduit on the outside of the house (not sure if that could cause interference and hot tub is not new). 

If I contact Tier 2 and they send out a Senior tech, will they charge me if no problem is found?

No fluorescent lights here nor street lights nearby in my neighborhood;  RG is grounded properly and so is NID;  Not sure about HAM, but know my immediate neighbors are not HAM radio operators;  AM station is about two miles away.  Electrical power plant is within two miles.  Have a hot tub and cat5 cable runs right behind it's conduit on the outside of the house (not sure if that could cause interference and hot tub is not new). 

If I contact Tier 2 and they send out a Senior tech, will they charge me if no problem is found?

12 of 16 (492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2011 7:44:31 PM
(0)
Expert

Well, if you are continuing to get picture freezing and pixelation, then there's definitely a problem that they need to come fix.

You should definitely not be charged for that.

Well, if you are continuing to get picture freezing and pixelation, then there's definitely a problem that they need to come fix.

You should definitely not be charged for that.

13 of 16 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2011 8:37:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by danielb57 on Jan 7, 2011 at 8:38:38 PM

Can anyone help interpet these stats, I am new to U-verse w/ pair bonding, I understand some of this but I am concerned about the "red" highlight in the bitloading screens as the manual indicates that your line is not provisioned correctly if it is highlighted. I have 3hd and 1sd stream. with voice and 12mb internet. Thanks for any help. Dan

Can anyone help interpet these stats, I am new to U-verse w/ pair bonding, I understand some of this but I am concerned about the "red" highlight in the bitloading screens as the manual indicates that your line is not provisioned correctly if it is highlighted. I have 3hd and 1sd stream. with voice and 12mb internet. Thanks for any help. Dan

[ Edited ]
14 of 16 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 11:52:38 AM
(0)
Expert

In your case, you can safely ignore the red highlight in the Bitloading screen.

99% of customers with an i3812V router (iNID) are quite far from the VRAD, and their upstream bits are provisioned in upstream band 0.

You are fairly close to the VRAD for a pair-bonded installation (only 2100'), so the router moved all your upstream bits into upstream band 1.  This is unusual for an iNID installation, but does not cause any problems with the service.

All of your stats look good.

In your case, you can safely ignore the red highlight in the Bitloading screen.

99% of customers with an i3812V router (iNID) are quite far from the VRAD, and their upstream bits are provisioned in upstream band 0.

You are fairly close to the VRAD for a pair-bonded installation (only 2100'), so the router moved all your upstream bits into upstream band 1.  This is unusual for an iNID installation, but does not cause any problems with the service.

All of your stats look good.

15 of 16 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 7:51:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks Joe, the install was done with  pair bonding and INID to make sure I could get 3hd streams, it was actually overkill but I had some inside help as in relations. Still seeing a lot of corrected blocks, espciailly today on line 2, a big burst of around 12,000 at once. No link retrains of signal loss, some voice drops and a few freezes here and there with TV.

Dan

Thanks Joe, the install was done with  pair bonding and INID to make sure I could get 3hd streams, it was actually overkill but I had some inside help as in relations. Still seeing a lot of corrected blocks, espciailly today on line 2, a big burst of around 12,000 at once. No link retrains of signal loss, some voice drops and a few freezes here and there with TV.

Dan

16 of 16 (354 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments