Mobile Remote Access

Tutor

Mobile Remote Access

When I try to acess my DVR via my mobile it says I am not subscribed. My daughter can access from her phone using the same username and password and it works perfectly. I spent about 2 hrs. with cust. sevice today and they have no idea. Any thoughts? I appreciate any input.
Message 1 of 6 (675 Views)
Scholar

Re: Mobile Remote Access

What kind of phones are you using?
Message 2 of 6 (675 Views)
Master

OrangeJim wrote:
When I try to acess my DVR via my mobile it says I am not subscribed. My daughter can access from her phone using the same username and password and it works perfectly. I spent about 2 hrs. with cust. sevice today and they have no idea. Any thoughts? I appreciate any input.
I bet your daughter has a data plan and you do not a data plan is required for access to internet features such as this.

Message 3 of 6 (675 Views)
Tutor

My phone is an Lg Vu CU920. I do have a data plan so it just made no sense. Finally in desperation I regisistered my MediaNet( I don't really know what to call it, I guess it's what ATT calls the internet on its mobile phones) on the site after being told by Tech support it would make no difference. I think the real purpose of registering is to allow access of your wireless content from a computer. I can't say for sure that is what did it (and it didn't at first) but I tried to access the DVR about 2 hrs. later and boom, there it was. Works great and is an awsome feature. I wish I knew for sure what really happened so someone else could benefit from my experience. Thanks for the responses!
Message 4 of 6 (675 Views)
Scholar

I am glad you are working correctly....
Message 5 of 6 (675 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Did you have to go to a website to do this? I'm having the same problem.

OrangeJim wrote:
My phone is an Lg Vu CU920. I do have a data plan so it just made no sense. Finally in desperation I regisistered my MediaNet( I don't really know what to call it, I guess it's what ATT calls the internet on its mobile phones) on the site after being told by Tech support it would make no difference. I think the real purpose of registering is to allow access of your wireless content from a computer. I can't say for sure that is what did it (and it didn't at first) but I tried to access the DVR about 2 hrs. later and boom, there it was. Works great and is an awsome feature. I wish I knew for sure what really happened so someone else could benefit from my experience. Thanks for the responses!

Message 6 of 6 (675 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.