Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 19, 2009
11:47:31 PM
Mobile Remote Access iPhone App Problem

When I first load the app and it attempts to load the guide, I get the error "Failure!  Unable to retrieve Channel Listing (Please retry your request)."   If I go to DVR Scheduled or Recorded nothing loads up.  If I go alter any of the options and then go to another screen such as Guide I get "POSTAction:  XML Parse Error (Error Code 68).

This has been going on since day 1 of my install on EDGE and WiFi.  The actual web based DVR portal through yahoo works fine.  I have tried creating a sub account and I still get the same results.  I was previously an AT&T DSL Subscriber and used the same @att.net username when I converted to U-Verse.  I'm wondering if something is goofed up and AT&T's system still thinks I'm just a regular old DSL subscriber.  Anyone have any ideas or who to contact for assistance?

Thanks!

When I first load the app and it attempts to load the guide, I get the error "Failure!  Unable to retrieve Channel Listing (Please retry your request)."   If I go to DVR Scheduled or Recorded nothing loads up.  If I go alter any of the options and then go to another screen such as Guide I get "POSTAction:  XML Parse Error (Error Code 68).

This has been going on since day 1 of my install on EDGE and WiFi.  The actual web based DVR portal through yahoo works fine.  I have tried creating a sub account and I still get the same results.  I was previously an AT&T DSL Subscriber and used the same @att.net username when I converted to U-Verse.  I'm wondering if something is goofed up and AT&T's system still thinks I'm just a regular old DSL subscriber.  Anyone have any ideas or who to contact for assistance?

Thanks!

Mobile Remote Access iPhone App Problem

38 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(38)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 4:00:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
I guess no one else is having this problem?
I guess no one else is having this problem?

Re: Mobile Remote Access iPhone App Problem

31 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2009 8:39:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

I see that you are using your WiFi to connect, try switching WiFi off and using 3G or EDGE and reaccess the App. You are seeing left over data that is in the Apps cache.

It has happend to me on a couple of diffent days but I have not found a common factor other then it always seems to happen when I am using WiFi.

Dave

I see that you are using your WiFi to connect, try switching WiFi off and using 3G or EDGE and reaccess the App. You are seeing left over data that is in the Apps cache.

It has happend to me on a couple of diffent days but I have not found a common factor other then it always seems to happen when I am using WiFi.

Dave

32 of 39 (752 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2009 8:33:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have confirmed this same behavior.  It works on the 3G network, but not on my WiFi network. 

Once working on the 3G network, then switching back to WiFi, it fails again as before. 

Moving again to 3G and it works as advertised.

It seeems very reproducable.  

Cheers;

E!

I have confirmed this same behavior.  It works on the 3G network, but not on my WiFi network. 

Once working on the 3G network, then switching back to WiFi, it fails again as before. 

Moving again to 3G and it works as advertised.

It seeems very reproducable.  

Cheers;

E!

33 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 6:24:59 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well... As of last night, it has been working properly. I was home connected via Wi-Fi, and the times are now correct. I wonder, could it have anything to do with the 3G network?
Well... As of last night, it has been working properly. I was home connected via Wi-Fi, and the times are now correct. I wonder, could it have anything to do with the 3G network?

34 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2009 11:03:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well, my issue is resolved.

Solution:  I went to the Apple Store on an unrelated issue and received a replacement iPhone 3G.  I have no idea how this magically works now as I had reformatted and wiped the old 3G multiple times...

Well, my issue is resolved.

Solution:  I went to the Apple Store on an unrelated issue and received a replacement iPhone 3G.  I have no idea how this magically works now as I had reformatted and wiped the old 3G multiple times...

35 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2009 5:22:04 PM
(0)
Teacher
FYI - there's a new release of the iPhone app - fixes some bugs!
FYI - there's a new release of the iPhone app - fixes some bugs!

36 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2009 10:40:57 AM
(0)
Mentor
contact U-Verse Tech Support Tier 1 and file a trouble ticket, they should be able to fix that problem... it takes a few days, but it does work...
contact U-Verse Tech Support Tier 1 and file a trouble ticket, they should be able to fix that problem... it takes a few days, but it does work...

37 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2009 8:53:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm also having MRA problems, but they seem different from what is listed here.  My recorded shows, scheduled shows, and searching for shows all seem to work fine, and the hours seem to be displayed properly.  But for the life of me, I cannot get the guide to work (see two error messages below - cannot download guide information because the market is not known).

I have a 3Gs, I have tried on both wireless and 3G, I have logged in with the master and sub accounts, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app through iTunes, I have called tech support.  No clued from anybody.  Since the message is pretty straightforward, I know that somebody has probably encountered it before, or at the very least, there is a developer out there somehwere that trapped for this error.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Img 1.png

Img 2.png

I'm also having MRA problems, but they seem different from what is listed here.  My recorded shows, scheduled shows, and searching for shows all seem to work fine, and the hours seem to be displayed properly.  But for the life of me, I cannot get the guide to work (see two error messages below - cannot download guide information because the market is not known).

I have a 3Gs, I have tried on both wireless and 3G, I have logged in with the master and sub accounts, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app through iTunes, I have called tech support.  No clued from anybody.  Since the message is pretty straightforward, I know that somebody has probably encountered it before, or at the very least, there is a developer out there somehwere that trapped for this error.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Img 1.png

Img 2.png

38 of 39 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2009 8:17:49 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've been having the exact same issue as well. What area are you in?
I've been having the exact same issue as well. What area are you in?

39 of 39 (752 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments