Maximum number of recordings

Mentor

Maximum number of recordings

What's the maximum number of recordings ever on your DVR?

My VIP1225

203 max.

Can't seem to get more on the DVR despite having 50% disk remaining.

Message 1 of 21
Expert

Re: Maximum number of recordings

No, I mean about a new App coming for that?

Message 16 of 21
Expert

It was posted that an update was being rolled out where a person could select the maximum number of recordings could be set in a series recording.  I don't know what happened to it.  It could be available now, but I haven't checked.

Message 17 of 21
Guru

Probably depends where you are, but I have it here and I love it.

I set news-y shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to record new eps only, max 1.  They don't really appeal to me when they're older, so this way I (usually) have a new one -- and only one -- on the DVR.

I also like this for recording re-runs of some show that my wife and I like for watching on boring/rainy days.  Combined with series prioritization (which I've been bellyaching about since U-Verse deployed and which I am VERY glad to now see) it's even better, as I can make sure my crappy re-runs never take priority over new stuff.

Message 18 of 21
Expert

RCSMG wrote:

It was posted that an update was being rolled out where a person could select the maximum number of recordings could be set in a series recording.  I don't know what happened to it.  It could be available now, but I haven't checked.

It was part of the 1.6.2533410 firmware update which everyone should now have.

Message 19 of 21
Expert

I haven't taken the time to check because I am happy with the way the system works right now.  Maybe someday the need for me to use these new features will arrive.  But right now I am good to go with the way they have been.

Message 20 of 21
Highlighted
Expert

OK, THAT...  :smileyhappy: 

cheer wrote:

Probably depends where you are, but I have it here and I love it.

I set news-y shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to record new eps only, max 1.  They don't really appeal to me when they're older, so this way I (usually) have a new one -- and only one -- on the DVR.

I also like this for recording re-runs of some show that my wife and I like for watching on boring/rainy days.  Combined with series prioritization (which I've been bellyaching about since U-Verse deployed and which I am VERY glad to now see) it's even better, as I can make sure my crappy re-runs never take priority over new stuff.

Message 21 of 21
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support