Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Apr 27, 2010
11:38:27 PM
View profile
Maximum number of recordings

What's the maximum number of recordings ever on your DVR?

My VIP1225

203 max.

Can't seem to get more on the DVR despite having 50% disk remaining.

My VIP1225

203 max.

Maximum number of recordings

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 3:30:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Nate2 wrote:

My VIP1225

203 max.

If you have that many shows recorded, regardless of what  your system says you have for disk usage,  you are full. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Nate2 wrote:

My VIP1225

203 max.

If you have that many shows recorded, regardless of what  your system says you have for disk usage,  you are full. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Maximum number of recordings

2 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 7:40:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

In households with kids, you'll be amazed how quickly the number of recordings add up :smileyhappy:

Are there plans to increase the number of recordings beyond 203?
Or an option to only keep a certain number of episodes of a [kid's] series recording?

In households with kids, you'll be amazed how quickly the number of recordings add up :smileyhappy:

Or an option to only keep a certain number of episodes of a [kid's] series recording?

3 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 8:59:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have been told that not only does the number of recorded epsodes mess with the RG but the number of scheduled recordings can create problems and issues.  I have not heard of that.  When i was having problems about a month ago, a tier 2 guy wanted to delete all of my scheduled recodings.  He said that only fixes 1 percent of the issues, so I passed.

I have been told that not only does the number of recorded epsodes mess with the RG but the number of scheduled recordings can create problems and issues.  I have not heard of that.  When i was having problems about a month ago, a tier 2 guy wanted to delete all of my scheduled recodings.  He said that only fixes 1 percent of the issues, so I passed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 12:11:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Nate2 wrote:

I have an 18 month old son at home.  We don't record shows for him though as Disney and Nick Jr repeat shows so ofter and Nick Jr has on demand.  Though he did get hold of the remote and figure out how to record every episode of Garfield. :smileyvery-happy:

Nate2 wrote:

I have an 18 month old son at home.  We don't record shows for him though as Disney and Nick Jr repeat shows so ofter and Nick Jr has on demand.  Though he did get hold of the remote and figure out how to record every episode of Garfield. :smileyvery-happy:

5 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 9:54:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem with shows deleting after 50% utilization.  I had the box replaced and it still deleted shows even though I only had 50% resources used.  I found that I have to manually select 'keep until I erase' when I set up a show to record and now I have 420 shows in my queue and about 90% utilization (SD and HD).   You can set a season pass to record with the 'keep until I erase', but you have to do it online in the web browser interface since the DVR does not provide this option directly.  If I forget and just queue up a show, it will delete it almost immediately when the show ends.

I had the same problem with shows deleting after 50% utilization.  I had the box replaced and it still deleted shows even though I only had 50% resources used.  I found that I have to manually select 'keep until I erase' when I set up a show to record and now I have 420 shows in my queue and about 90% utilization (SD and HD).   You can set a season pass to record with the 'keep until I erase', but you have to do it online in the web browser interface since the DVR does not provide this option directly.  If I forget and just queue up a show, it will delete it almost immediately when the show ends.

6 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2010 11:22:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A new "maximum recordings" app is coming.  I haven't had any problems with all of my recordings being deleted at anytime.  I get the esclammation point when my drive is close to full.  I have several recordings that I keep just for that purpose.  If I get the delete alerts and I haven't watched the recordings that have the marks, I delete one or some of the recordings I kept just for filler.  I use this like an early warning solution to losing recorded programs that I havent watched.  And I can record new programs.  Just a thought.

A new "maximum recordings" app is coming.  I haven't had any problems with all of my recordings being deleted at anytime.  I get the esclammation point when my drive is close to full.  I have several recordings that I keep just for that purpose.  If I get the delete alerts and I haven't watched the recordings that have the marks, I delete one or some of the recordings I kept just for filler.  I use this like an early warning solution to losing recorded programs that I havent watched.  And I can record new programs.  Just a thought.

7 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 4:10:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

RCSMG wrote:

A new "maximum recordings" app is coming.

Thanks for that info.

I am eagerly looking for that app update on my DVR...

RCSMG wrote:

A new "maximum recordings" app is coming.

Thanks for that info.

I am eagerly looking for that app update on my DVR...

8 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 4:18:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

bpettitt wrote:

I found that I have to manually select 'keep until I erase' when I set up a show to record and now I have 420 shows in my queue and about 90% utilization (SD and HD).

I tried that setting for some individual shows I wanted recorded, and the total number is still at 203.

My DVR must be be reducing the number of episodes in some other (automatically erasable) series.

bpettitt wrote:

I found that I have to manually select 'keep until I erase' when I set up a show to record and now I have 420 shows in my queue and about 90% utilization (SD and HD).

I tried that setting for some individual shows I wanted recorded, and the total number is still at 203.

My DVR must be be reducing the number of episodes in some other (automatically erasable) series.

9 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2010 7:24:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nate2 wrote:

The maximum number of recorded programs that can exist on the DVR at any one time is 203.  This number was set by AT&T for ease of management of the recordings and cannot be changed.  Once you reach this number, recordings will start to be automatically deleted regardless of how much unused space remains on the DVR.

Nate2 wrote:

The maximum number of recorded programs that can exist on the DVR at any one time is 203.  This number was set by AT&T for ease of management of the recordings and cannot be changed.  Once you reach this number, recordings will start to be automatically deleted regardless of how much unused space remains on the DVR.

10 of 21 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2010 10:46:53 PM
(0)
Guru

That odd ATT had decided to go with the number 203 for the max numbers of  recordings.But Not 256.

That odd ATT had decided to go with the number 203 for the max numbers of  recordings.But Not 256.

Frankie Say... You Can find me North http://7vmy.sl.pt South http://7vn0.sl.pt East http://7vn2.sl.pt and West http://7vn3.sl.pt Soulseek ID 80newwave

11 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 4:52:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had this on Dish and it was great for shows on DIsney where they play 100's a day :smileyhappy: 

As new customer just coming from Dish, this is something I can see a a big deal 

I had this on Dish and it was great for shows on DIsney where they play 100's a day :smileyhappy: 

12 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 16, 2010 4:57:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jbinder wrote:

This thread is referring to a different maximum number of recordings than what you are referring to.  The maximum number of recordings allowed on the U-verse DVR is 203 regardless of how much free disk space is available.

jbinder wrote:

This thread is referring to a different maximum number of recordings than what you are referring to.  The maximum number of recordings allowed on the U-verse DVR is 203 regardless of how much free disk space is available.

13 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 4:38:42 PM
(0)
Expert

:smileysurprised:
RCSMG wrote:

:smileysurprised:
RCSMG wrote:

14 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 6:04:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hey, what can I say.  It works for me.

Hey, what can I say.  It works for me.

15 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 8:40:05 PM
(0)
Expert

No, I mean about a new App coming for that?

No, I mean about a new App coming for that?

16 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 8:51:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It was posted that an update was being rolled out where a person could select the maximum number of recordings could be set in a series recording.  I don't know what happened to it.  It could be available now, but I haven't checked.

It was posted that an update was being rolled out where a person could select the maximum number of recordings could be set in a series recording.  I don't know what happened to it.  It could be available now, but I haven't checked.

17 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 6:21:53 AM
(0)
Guru

Probably depends where you are, but I have it here and I love it.

I set news-y shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to record new eps only, max 1.  They don't really appeal to me when they're older, so this way I (usually) have a new one -- and only one -- on the DVR.

I also like this for recording re-runs of some show that my wife and I like for watching on boring/rainy days.  Combined with series prioritization (which I've been bellyaching about since U-Verse deployed and which I am VERY glad to now see) it's even better, as I can make sure my crappy re-runs never take priority over new stuff.

I set news-y shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to record new eps only, max 1.  They don't really appeal to me when they're older, so this way I (usually) have a new one -- and only one -- on the DVR.

I also like this for recording re-runs of some show that my wife and I like for watching on boring/rainy days.  Combined with series prioritization (which I've been bellyaching about since U-Verse deployed and which I am VERY glad to now see) it's even better, as I can make sure my crappy re-runs never take priority over new stuff.

18 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 4:13:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

RCSMG wrote:

It was part of the 1.6.2533410 firmware update which everyone should now have.

RCSMG wrote:

It was part of the 1.6.2533410 firmware update which everyone should now have.

19 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 7:30:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I haven't taken the time to check because I am happy with the way the system works right now.  Maybe someday the need for me to use these new features will arrive.  But right now I am good to go with the way they have been.

I haven't taken the time to check because I am happy with the way the system works right now.  Maybe someday the need for me to use these new features will arrive.  But right now I am good to go with the way they have been.

20 of 21 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 10:28:33 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, THAT...  :smileyhappy: 

cheer wrote:

OK, THAT...  :smileyhappy: 

cheer wrote:

21 of 21 (713 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments