Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 6, 2011
6:52:32 PM
View profile
Massive problems, need help

We had many open cases that AT&T tech closed out without resolving. I am not sure what else to do. Since or AT&T voice, Uverse TV, Wifi and UVerse Modem, and other devices need the Internet at AT&T to work, when it goes down, then so does our conect with everything else. Then not being able to respond, or following exactly what the helpdesk says (Unplug uVerse modem, then we lose connection and they close the case thinking we hung up, we don't have AT&T cell phones too expensive can only talk via Uverse AT&T phone service sorry).

Any ideas? We love AT&T but are not sure what to do. If we lose the Internet again, I won't be able to respond to this message. Top ten major problemes we are having:

Call AT&T about:

#1 Paying for faster maximum Internet, but gets slower or disconected a lot.

#2 NBC KSDK Channel 5, local channel goes black, in both video or audio. Turning UVerse DVR and receivers off does not fix it. It happens not all the time but is annoying. We cannot watch our shows. Unplging the UVerse router to fix it during tech support caused our phone line to turn off, as it is a Uverse phone and help desk did not take that into consideration.

#3 Remote code booklet to program UVerse remote controls are missing, so we cannot control all our DVD, VCR, TV, AUX devices with them. Can we request new booklets or papers on that?

#4 Streaming movies like Netflix, UVerse Online, etc tends to get lagging and slows down, even at lower resolutions. Cannot even connect at times.

#5 Playstation Network, XBox Live, etc suffer from lag and slowness and disconnect at times.

#6 Coaxil cable in one of the bedrooms did not work, so we had to use an Ethernet cable to plug it in, but even that one has problems. In basement we later found two coaxil cables not connected yet, but hanging down from the ceiling. Uverse box was moved from downstairs to upstairs guest bedroom.

#7 Long waits with UVerse help desk, usually get discconected due to Internet problems with UVerse and have to call back and get in the back of the line again for support. People we get speak with an accent that is hard to understand. We need some sort of support that can speak proper English for the USA, not UK English or broken English, in order to understand.

#8 Using the McAfee software seems to be inferior to Norton and others. Not sure why but Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security seem to do better than McAfee Security Center. Norton often finds what McAfee misses.

#9 Both iPod Touch 4th generation devices we have will have problems connecting to the Internet and Wifi at home, but work better on Wifi on the road. Not sure why.

#10 We've been long time AT&T/SBC customers, and loyal to AT&T/SBC for over a decade. We should have better service than this, not sure why. We where told we would have two DVR systems, and that DVR systems would record up to 4 shows at once. But we were only given one DVR and when it records 4 SD shows or 2SD shows it turns off the Live TV mode in other rooms, then we have to interrupt the recording or Live TV to see a show, unless it is a recording. We had Dish Network with AT&T and were told that we would be able to keep the Dish Network DVR and receivers after we switched to Uverse, except we got charged a lot for Dish and sent the boxes back, only to be charged again. We were also promosed by SBC/AT&T/Dish Network to have free HD for life, and that didn't happen either.

We had many open cases that AT&T tech closed out without resolving. I am not sure what else to do. Since or AT&T voice, Uverse TV, Wifi and UVerse Modem, and other devices need the Internet at AT&T to work, when it goes down, then so does our conect with everything else. Then not being able to respond, or following exactly what the helpdesk says (Unplug uVerse modem, then we lose connection and they close the case thinking we hung up, we don't have AT&T cell phones too expensive can only talk via Uverse AT&T phone service sorry).

Any ideas? We love AT&T but are not sure what to do. If we lose the Internet again, I won't be able to respond to this message. Top ten major problemes we are having:

Call AT&T about:

#2 NBC KSDK Channel 5, local channel goes black, in both video or audio. Turning UVerse DVR and receivers off does not fix it. It happens not all the time but is annoying. We cannot watch our shows. Unplging the UVerse router to fix it during tech support caused our phone line to turn off, as it is a Uverse phone and help desk did not take that into consideration.

#3 Remote code booklet to program UVerse remote controls are missing, so we cannot control all our DVD, VCR, TV, AUX devices with them. Can we request new booklets or papers on that?

#4 Streaming movies like Netflix, UVerse Online, etc tends to get lagging and slows down, even at lower resolutions. Cannot even connect at times.

#5 Playstation Network, XBox Live, etc suffer from lag and slowness and disconnect at times.

#6 Coaxil cable in one of the bedrooms did not work, so we had to use an Ethernet cable to plug it in, but even that one has problems. In basement we later found two coaxil cables not connected yet, but hanging down from the ceiling. Uverse box was moved from downstairs to upstairs guest bedroom.

#7 Long waits with UVerse help desk, usually get discconected due to Internet problems with UVerse and have to call back and get in the back of the line again for support. People we get speak with an accent that is hard to understand. We need some sort of support that can speak proper English for the USA, not UK English or broken English, in order to understand.

#8 Using the McAfee software seems to be inferior to Norton and others. Not sure why but Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security seem to do better than McAfee Security Center. Norton often finds what McAfee misses.

#9 Both iPod Touch 4th generation devices we have will have problems connecting to the Internet and Wifi at home, but work better on Wifi on the road. Not sure why.

#10 We've been long time AT&T/SBC customers, and loyal to AT&T/SBC for over a decade. We should have better service than this, not sure why. We where told we would have two DVR systems, and that DVR systems would record up to 4 shows at once. But we were only given one DVR and when it records 4 SD shows or 2SD shows it turns off the Live TV mode in other rooms, then we have to interrupt the recording or Live TV to see a show, unless it is a recording. We had Dish Network with AT&T and were told that we would be able to keep the Dish Network DVR and receivers after we switched to Uverse, except we got charged a lot for Dish and sent the boxes back, only to be charged again. We were also promosed by SBC/AT&T/Dish Network to have free HD for life, and that didn't happen either.

Massive problems, need help

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2011 7:47:26 PM
(0)
Contributor
Uverse install seemed correct at the time, so we gave a good review. Then later we discovered all these problems because we didn't check for them.

My apologies for the confusion. I hope we can resolve it. iPods were chistmas gifts and there are no 3g plans on the iPods as only wifi. I tried to communicate as best I could only to have problems closed with no solution. If AT&T can fix it for free I will be happy. If not, well I suffer as does my wife, son, and other family members who vist.

Anyone else have these problems? Please tell me how they got fixed.
Uverse install seemed correct at the time, so we gave a good review. Then later we discovered all these problems because we didn't check for them.

My apologies for the confusion. I hope we can resolve it. iPods were chistmas gifts and there are no 3g plans on the iPods as only wifi. I tried to communicate as best I could only to have problems closed with no solution. If AT&T can fix it for free I will be happy. If not, well I suffer as does my wife, son, and other family members who vist.

Anyone else have these problems? Please tell me how they got fixed.

Re: Massive problems, need help

2 of 7 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 7:25:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Good luck with any service from AT&T. I'm not even a customer yet (phone & internet ordered),  and they've screwed up big time.

Good luck with any service from AT&T. I'm not even a customer yet (phone & internet ordered),  and they've screwed up big time.

3 of 7 (601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2011 4:23:49 PM
(0)
Master

king_norman wrote:

Call AT&T about:

Are you talking wireless or wired?  I've had no issues with my Wii streaming Netflix.  If you are on wireless, make sure your power is set to 10 and try changing the wireless channel.

McAfee is a terrible a/v program and should be given away since I pity those who pay for it.  Norton is better but you still have to pay for it.  If you want a good, non-invasive anti-virus program, use Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have two Droids, 1 iPod, 1 iPad and 1 Nook Color, I've never had an issue with connecting.  See my answer above about wireless.

Yeah, good luck with that one

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

king_norman wrote:

Call AT&T about:

Are you talking wireless or wired?  I've had no issues with my Wii streaming Netflix.  If you are on wireless, make sure your power is set to 10 and try changing the wireless channel.

McAfee is a terrible a/v program and should be given away since I pity those who pay for it.  Norton is better but you still have to pay for it.  If you want a good, non-invasive anti-virus program, use Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have two Droids, 1 iPod, 1 iPad and 1 Nook Color, I've never had an issue with connecting.  See my answer above about wireless.

Yeah, good luck with that one

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 7 (550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 9:46:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Oufan - Where do you go to set the WiFi power to "10? "  On my RG's interface, I see the option to change channels and power.  However my interface has the power expressed in mW, with 400 mW being the highest.  Maybe different RG's have different power level selections?

Oufan - Where do you go to set the WiFi power to "10? "  On my RG's interface, I see the option to change channels and power.  However my interface has the power expressed in mW, with 400 mW being the highest.  Maybe different RG's have different power level selections?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 6:08:12 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by oufanindallas on May 10, 2011 at 6:08:51 AM

dhascall wrote:

I haven't looked in a while, but mine used to have a 1-10 power level.  I'll look tonight to see which RG I have and see what it says now.

I haven't touched it since it was installed last year so it might have changed by now.

dhascall wrote:

I haven't looked in a while, but mine used to have a 1-10 power level.  I'll look tonight to see which RG I have and see what it says now.

I haven't touched it since it was installed last year so it might have changed by now.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (477 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 6:39:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I got the new black one, so maybe the configuration page is different.

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I got the new black one, so maybe the configuration page is different.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (471 Views)