Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 18, 2008
11:04:20 AM
MacBook/iMac & U-verse internet connection
I am having problems maintaining a constant wireless U-verse internet connection using both my MacBook and iMac computers. However, my PC notebook maintains a steady wireless internet connection. I have the Max internet connection from U-verse.

The Airport icon in the top right hand side of the screen disappears for 30-60 seconds before restoring the U-verse connection. This problems occurs on both the MacBook and iMac. It occurs every 30 minutes or so.

Has anybody else experienced this problem using a Mac? Is it related to the WPA password not being held by the Mac constantly?

I currently resolve the problem either by waiting 30-60 seconds or I click the Airport icon in the top right hand side of the screen, choose the U-verse wireless connection from the drop-down list (the U-verse wireless service appears each time in the list) and then the internet connection is restored.

Very strange given that the PC notebook does not encounter any problems. I even installed a small wireless signal strength application on the PC to check that the wireless is not dropping out. I have not noticed it drop out yet.

Thanks,
Ben
I am having problems maintaining a constant wireless U-verse internet connection using both my MacBook and iMac computers. However, my PC notebook maintains a steady wireless internet connection. I have the Max internet connection from U-verse.

The Airport icon in the top right hand side of the screen disappears for 30-60 seconds before restoring the U-verse connection. This problems occurs on both the MacBook and iMac. It occurs every 30 minutes or so.

Has anybody else experienced this problem using a Mac? Is it related to the WPA password not being held by the Mac constantly?

I currently resolve the problem either by waiting 30-60 seconds or I click the Airport icon in the top right hand side of the screen, choose the U-verse wireless connection from the drop-down list (the U-verse wireless service appears each time in the list) and then the internet connection is restored.

Very strange given that the PC notebook does not encounter any problems. I even installed a small wireless signal strength application on the PC to check that the wireless is not dropping out. I have not noticed it drop out yet.

Thanks,
Ben

MacBook/iMac & U-verse internet connection

39 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(39)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 11:08:13 AM
(0)
Master
maybe try a diff wireless channel  move to a less crowded channel ??

what do u have set on now btw  auto or 6 ??

just a thought
randy

http://gateway.2wire.net/mdc    u will need the passcode to  look about  btw 

Message Edited by randyl on 02-18-2008 01:09 PM
maybe try a diff wireless channel  move to a less crowded channel ??

what do u have set on now btw  auto or 6 ??

just a thought
randy

http://gateway.2wire.net/mdc    u will need the passcode to  look about  btw 

Message Edited by randyl on 02-18-2008 01:09 PM

Re: MacBook/iMac & U-verse internet connection

2 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 11:12:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
It's set on "Auto" at the moment.
It's set on "Auto" at the moment.

3 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 11:20:14 AM
(0)
Master
well it can move around on auto   u need to pick less used channel and try setting it to that  imho
does your wireless manager show the less used channel  if not ?

if not u may need a proggie to show u what the  nearest  neighbors are on ?

aka netstumbler

randy

Message Edited by randyl on 02-18-2008 01:21 PM
well it can move around on auto   u need to pick less used channel and try setting it to that  imho
does your wireless manager show the less used channel  if not ?

if not u may need a proggie to show u what the  nearest  neighbors are on ?

aka netstumbler

randy

Message Edited by randyl on 02-18-2008 01:21 PM

4 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2008 11:31:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
Tried channel 6 and the same problem occurred. I'll try some of the other channels.
Tried channel 6 and the same problem occurred. I'll try some of the other channels.

5 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 6:53:20 PM
(0)
Teacher
I am having the EXACT same problem. I also have multiple computers and the PC's are not behaving the same way. When I read your posting, I thought that I could have written your post myself - I have the exact same problem.
I am having the EXACT same problem. I also have multiple computers and the PC's are not behaving the same way. When I read your posting, I thought that I could have written your post myself - I have the exact same problem.

6 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 7:06:22 PM
(0)
Master

treaders wrote:

Thanks,
Ben

http://www.uverseusers.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,2/topic,6062.0/    

treaders wrote:

Thanks,
Ben

http://www.uverseusers.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,2/topic,6062.0/    

7 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 7:52:02 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you very much for your suggestion. Unfortunately for me this did not solve the issue. The issue remains.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. Unfortunately for me this did not solve the issue. The issue remains.

8 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 8:07:06 PM
(0)
Master

tom53151 wrote:

router behind router as some have done ??
           did u have wireless before  aka have a older wireless router ???

some thoughts
          randy

tom53151 wrote:

router behind router as some have done ??
           did u have wireless before  aka have a older wireless router ???

some thoughts
          randy

9 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 8:23:40 PM
(0)
Teacher
No, I did not and do not have a router behind a router - I'm using the provider Uverse 2Wire unit.

I was previously using a new Linksys router successfully before Uverse.  And the Macbook connects seamlessly to other wireless networks and publich wifi locations as well.

Thanks for your help though.
No, I did not and do not have a router behind a router - I'm using the provider Uverse 2Wire unit.

I was previously using a new Linksys router successfully before Uverse.  And the Macbook connects seamlessly to other wireless networks and publich wifi locations as well.

10 of 40 (3,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 8:34:01 PM
(0)
Master
i meant put  your router behind the rg3800 and turn off the wireless in the rg3800 and use your router u had ..
u can use the rg3800 for dhcp  and make your router a switch  cat5 from the rg3800 into one of  your ethernet ports and turn off nat and dhcp on the link/
there are some older threads out there on this subject 

some thoughts
randy

Message Edited by randyl on 02-19-2008 10:42 PM
i meant put  your router behind the rg3800 and turn off the wireless in the rg3800 and use your router u had ..
u can use the rg3800 for dhcp  and make your router a switch  cat5 from the rg3800 into one of  your ethernet ports and turn off nat and dhcp on the link/
there are some older threads out there on this subject 

some thoughts
randy

Message Edited by randyl on 02-19-2008 10:42 PM

11 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2008 9:11:10 PM
(0)
Expert
Are your Macs Airport connections set to 'n' by default?  The UV RG doesn't support 'n' (it's 2.4GHz, not 5). :smileysad:

If so, change the setting for 'n' (b/g compatible) instead of just 'n'?

Definitely turn off Auto and work to find a channel that works.
Are your Macs Airport connections set to 'n' by default?  The UV RG doesn't support 'n' (it's 2.4GHz, not 5). :smileysad:

If so, change the setting for 'n' (b/g compatible) instead of just 'n'?

Definitely turn off Auto and work to find a channel that works.

12 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2008 12:09:12 AM
(0)
Teacher
We have two laptops (MacBook & iBook G4) that we use on our Wireless here in the house. I've tried the channel changing thing and I just changed the IPv6 to disabled. So I shall see if that helps. For me, this has not always been a problem. When we first got U-Verse, we had no problems what-so-ever. But after I've had it up and running for a couple months, things are weird. The wireless signal will just disappear. Then, I will see it listed in my networks and I will click on it and can get a couple pages, then I get kicked out again. This will happen a few times then things will go back to normal.

I thought it might have been that the RG just needed a reboot/rest. So, I had unplugged it and left it as such for about ten minutes. Then, I got it back up and running and it was OK for about a couple hours then it started the thing again. I'm not sure what's going on. I've never had problems with prior Wireless connections in the past. I've used my laptop on a Linksys WRT54G with no problems and a Buffalo AirStation with no problems also. I just take it with a grain of salt for right now.

Perhaps it really is just interference. There are like 15 different 2WIRExxx connections listed as networks I can get on, not to mention the typical "linksys" choice. Maybe the RG shouldn't be set on such a high power as a default?

I'm out of ideas, I'll just keep tweaking and see if I ever figure it out.
We have two laptops (MacBook & iBook G4) that we use on our Wireless here in the house. I've tried the channel changing thing and I just changed the IPv6 to disabled. So I shall see if that helps. For me, this has not always been a problem. When we first got U-Verse, we had no problems what-so-ever. But after I've had it up and running for a couple months, things are weird. The wireless signal will just disappear. Then, I will see it listed in my networks and I will click on it and can get a couple pages, then I get kicked out again. This will happen a few times then things will go back to normal.

I thought it might have been that the RG just needed a reboot/rest. So, I had unplugged it and left it as such for about ten minutes. Then, I got it back up and running and it was OK for about a couple hours then it started the thing again. I'm not sure what's going on. I've never had problems with prior Wireless connections in the past. I've used my laptop on a Linksys WRT54G with no problems and a Buffalo AirStation with no problems also. I just take it with a grain of salt for right now.

Perhaps it really is just interference. There are like 15 different 2WIRExxx connections listed as networks I can get on, not to mention the typical "linksys" choice. Maybe the RG shouldn't be set on such a high power as a default?

13 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2008 9:13:51 AM
(0)
Expert
Maybe MAC filtering would help?  I have only my allowed devices for the RG.  I use NetStumbler to find MAC addresses for other *known* neighbors' connections, and those I put in the Block MAC addresses.

Is there a Mac setting that lets you tone down the roaming for wireless, as in make it less agressive (Win. can do that).  And you can change the Power Setting on the RG from 10 and see if lowering it will make a difference.

Call them to make a service call; I had a total wireless wipeout that I couldn't recover from; Tier II couldn't get it going remotely (and I tried all the tricks).  A tech came to the house and fiddled with it just from his laptop and got it going.
Maybe MAC filtering would help?  I have only my allowed devices for the RG.  I use NetStumbler to find MAC addresses for other *known* neighbors' connections, and those I put in the Block MAC addresses.

Is there a Mac setting that lets you tone down the roaming for wireless, as in make it less agressive (Win. can do that).  And you can change the Power Setting on the RG from 10 and see if lowering it will make a difference.

Call them to make a service call; I had a total wireless wipeout that I couldn't recover from; Tier II couldn't get it going remotely (and I tried all the tricks).  A tech came to the house and fiddled with it just from his laptop and got it going.

14 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2008 9:20:51 AM
(0)
Master

ryanxottele wrote:

dial it back to 8 or so and see  ??      400w is a lot out of the rg3800
           since it ran fine for a long time sure sounds like a neighbor ??

just a thought
           randy

ryanxottele wrote:

dial it back to 8 or so and see  ??      400w is a lot out of the rg3800
           since it ran fine for a long time sure sounds like a neighbor ??

just a thought
           randy

15 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 3:10:52 PM
(0)
Teacher
I really like the performance of the television portion of the Uverse service. The internet service however is lacking in that I keep getting a dropped signal. That's not acceptable. I didn't like TimeWarner's television service, but I must say that their internet signal was always working.

Uverse technical support is useless.

I most sincerely regret having made the change from TimeWarner to Uverse.

My family was right - I should have stayed with TW.

I've always heard that DSL based systems are like herding cats to get it to work right. I should have listened. I so regret it. My system worked fine before.
I really like the performance of the television portion of the Uverse service. The internet service however is lacking in that I keep getting a dropped signal. That's not acceptable. I didn't like TimeWarner's television service, but I must say that their internet signal was always working.

I've always heard that DSL based systems are like herding cats to get it to work right. I should have listened. I so regret it. My system worked fine before.

16 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 3:27:41 PM
(0)
Master

tom53151 wrote:

if u stilll have the linksys put it back in service maybe ??    and turn off wireless in the rg3800 ??

just a thought
        randy

tom53151 wrote:

if u stilll have the linksys put it back in service maybe ??    and turn off wireless in the rg3800 ??

just a thought
        randy

17 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 3:36:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
I tried to put my Linksys back in play .... it didn't work.

I obviously don't know how to do that.

Please tell me step by step how to do it and I'll try that next.

Thank you.
I tried to put my Linksys back in play .... it didn't work.

I obviously don't know how to do that.

Please tell me step by step how to do it and I'll try that next.

Thank you.

18 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 3:42:30 PM
(0)
Master

here is one thread there are others..
more than one way to do this btw
easiest maybe is to run a patch cat5 cord from one of the rg3800 ports to the linksys ports (cat5 )1-4 
that will make the linksys act like a wireless switch  btw
turn off dhcp and nat on the link
u may have to play with the ip of the link as well 

randy

here is one thread there are others..
more than one way to do this btw
easiest maybe is to run a patch cat5 cord from one of the rg3800 ports to the linksys ports (cat5 )1-4 
that will make the linksys act like a wireless switch  btw
turn off dhcp and nat on the link
u may have to play with the ip of the link as well 

randy

19 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 3:51:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you VERY VERY much for your trouble and information.

I have to go to dinner tonight with my family and won't have time to try this but I will.

Again, thank you sincerely I really appreciate your bother and trouble to help direct me.

Have a nice evening.

Best regards

Tom
Thank you VERY VERY much for your trouble and information.

I have to go to dinner tonight with my family and won't have time to try this but I will.

Again, thank you sincerely I really appreciate your bother and trouble to help direct me.

Have a nice evening.

Best regards

Tom

20 of 40 (3,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2008 7:06:05 AM
(0)
Master

tom53151 wrote:

I understand that you are having issues and for that I'm sorry. But please don't get on here assuming that DSL is evil blah blah blah....If you want to talk about unreliability, then lets talk about TW cable service using a speed boost to get you to think you are downloading faster than you are, and the fact that their bandwidth drops as more users log on to the same loop of bandwidth. DSL is a TON more reliable than cable internet in quality and speed.

Again, I know you are having issues, but don't attribute the issue to Uverse unreliability or rumors that cable spreads about DSL until you have found the source of the issue and know what is causing it.

tom53151 wrote:

I understand that you are having issues and for that I'm sorry. But please don't get on here assuming that DSL is evil blah blah blah....If you want to talk about unreliability, then lets talk about TW cable service using a speed boost to get you to think you are downloading faster than you are, and the fact that their bandwidth drops as more users log on to the same loop of bandwidth. DSL is a TON more reliable than cable internet in quality and speed.

Again, I know you are having issues, but don't attribute the issue to Uverse unreliability or rumors that cable spreads about DSL until you have found the source of the issue and know what is causing it.

21 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2008 4:22:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
It's my opinion based upon repeated calls to tech services, and performance by comparison to RR that I make the comment that I regret moving from TW to Uverse. Hogrunr, it's MY opinion and I'm entitled to it. Your contribution to this conversation is meaningless. There was no ranting or blah blah blah.

Again, I'm entitled to my opinion and this entire thread is about dropping a internet connection on a Macbook. It's a specific issue.

Try not to taunt people. This is a civil conversation thread.
It's my opinion based upon repeated calls to tech services, and performance by comparison to RR that I make the comment that I regret moving from TW to Uverse. Hogrunr, it's MY opinion and I'm entitled to it. Your contribution to this conversation is meaningless. There was no ranting or blah blah blah.

Again, I'm entitled to my opinion and this entire thread is about dropping a internet connection on a Macbook. It's a specific issue.

22 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2008 6:45:14 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have the exact same problem with the 2wire modem/router and my macbook. The issue is with a bug in the 2wire router and at the moment there's only a temporary fix which is changing your wireless to only use 802.11b (instead of b/g). While searching for resolutions for this, I came across a large WoW sticky thread that leads to this solution until 2wire comes out with a fix. Even though I don't play the game, the issues they are having are the same.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3120974294

att: get 2wire to fix this problem, pronto!
I have the exact same problem with the 2wire modem/router and my macbook. The issue is with a bug in the 2wire router and at the moment there's only a temporary fix which is changing your wireless to only use 802.11b (instead of b/g). While searching for resolutions for this, I came across a large WoW sticky thread that leads to this solution until 2wire comes out with a fix. Even though I don't play the game, the issues they are having are the same.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3120974294

att: get 2wire to fix this problem, pronto!

23 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2008 6:46:34 PM
(0)
Professor
I don't herd cats (though I have two) and I've been a DSL customer for over 10 years.  I've not had a lick of trouble with my DSL connection, copper or Uverse.

Whomever told you that there's some inherent issue with DSL over cable was incorrect.
I don't herd cats (though I have two) and I've been a DSL customer for over 10 years.  I've not had a lick of trouble with my DSL connection, copper or Uverse.

Whomever told you that there's some inherent issue with DSL over cable was incorrect.

24 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2008 6:26:42 AM
(0)
Master

tom53151 wrote:

Civil? Really? could have fooled me...obviously I'm not entitled to an opinion. You have no comparison to make. Yes you (you, as an individual, not DSL customers as a whole) are having an issue, but your statement about DSL as a whole is simply baseless info that you picked from a RR larkey somewhere along the way.

You are right, it is a SPECIFIC issue, and not an issue with DSL as a technology, or even Uverse as a whole. I'll try and keep the "taunting" to a minimum...well actually....I don't even know where it happened the first time.

Edit: And as you can see by the helpful person above, this is an issue with 2wire, not ATT, not Uverse, not even *gasp* DSL.

Message Edited by hogrunr on 02-25-2008 08:28 AM

tom53151 wrote:

Civil? Really? could have fooled me...obviously I'm not entitled to an opinion. You have no comparison to make. Yes you (you, as an individual, not DSL customers as a whole) are having an issue, but your statement about DSL as a whole is simply baseless info that you picked from a RR larkey somewhere along the way.

You are right, it is a SPECIFIC issue, and not an issue with DSL as a technology, or even Uverse as a whole. I'll try and keep the "taunting" to a minimum...well actually....I don't even know where it happened the first time.

Edit: And as you can see by the helpful person above, this is an issue with 2wire, not ATT, not Uverse, not even *gasp* DSL.

Message Edited by hogrunr on 02-25-2008 08:28 AM

25 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2008 6:04:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
My issue is resolved in large part thanks to Randy1, who suggested early on to check against interference on the channel selection and to take the router off auto select.

I have a small application on my computer that shows wifi signals in my neighborhood - I didn't think this was a big deal because I am not in a crowded neighborhood of wifi signals.

I did some research ... and a couple of online authorities suggested that channels 1, 6 and 11 are the best channels to use because there is less overlap.

I thought what the heck and I moved the router off auto select and assigned a channel, in my case channel 1 and wham. Three full days without a single issue.

So Randy1, you were right .... I didn't think mine was an issue of interference or channel conflict .... but it was key to getting my mess straightened out. So thank you sincerely.

Hope this helps others who have a Mac and are experiencing the same problem.

Take care
My issue is resolved in large part thanks to Randy1, who suggested early on to check against interference on the channel selection and to take the router off auto select.

I have a small application on my computer that shows wifi signals in my neighborhood - I didn't think this was a big deal because I am not in a crowded neighborhood of wifi signals.

I did some research ... and a couple of online authorities suggested that channels 1, 6 and 11 are the best channels to use because there is less overlap.

I thought what the heck and I moved the router off auto select and assigned a channel, in my case channel 1 and wham. Three full days without a single issue.

So Randy1, you were right .... I didn't think mine was an issue of interference or channel conflict .... but it was key to getting my mess straightened out. So thank you sincerely.

Hope this helps others who have a Mac and are experiencing the same problem.

Take care

26 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 7:59:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi, I read this thread because I am interested in switching from Time Warner to Uverse and you really scared me!  I have a Mac Mini w/ plans to get a Macbook someday (in short-I'm a mac person).  Most of the thread  discussion is WAAAAY over my head, but in the last post, it looks like your issue is resolved.  Is it still?  I am really afraid to make the switch if there are going to be technical issues because of my Mac preference.  What do you think?  The reason I want to make the switch is so I can get the sports package, which will enable me to see my Los Angeles Dodger baseball w/o having to subscribe to that darned Extra Innings thing on TWC, which is dreadful.  When my internet connection goes out now, for whatever reason, I can't live w/o my internet, and have to do whatever I can to get it back up, short of all of the super-technical stuff that was discussed in this thread.  So what do you think, Uverse good?  Uverse bad?  Thanks for any input!
Hi, I read this thread because I am interested in switching from Time Warner to Uverse and you really scared me!  I have a Mac Mini w/ plans to get a Macbook someday (in short-I'm a mac person).  Most of the thread  discussion is WAAAAY over my head, but in the last post, it looks like your issue is resolved.  Is it still?  I am really afraid to make the switch if there are going to be technical issues because of my Mac preference.  What do you think?  The reason I want to make the switch is so I can get the sports package, which will enable me to see my Los Angeles Dodger baseball w/o having to subscribe to that darned Extra Innings thing on TWC, which is dreadful.  When my internet connection goes out now, for whatever reason, I can't live w/o my internet, and have to do whatever I can to get it back up, short of all of the super-technical stuff that was discussed in this thread.  So what do you think, Uverse good?  Uverse bad?  Thanks for any input!

27 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 8:05:24 PM
(0)
Master
First off the solution to the above problem is one that many of us have used when using the wireless from Uverse. It's simply interference from surrounding houses and such because so many people use wireless now.

Second, what are you planning on watching your Dodgers on? Just to let you know, if you think you will be able to watch them on one of the regional sports channels such as FSN, and you don't live in the local viewing area for the Dodgers, you still won't be able to see them. Even if you pay for the sports package. The sports package does not override the blackouts required by the regional sports channels.
First off the solution to the above problem is one that many of us have used when using the wireless from Uverse. It's simply interference from surrounding houses and such because so many people use wireless now.

Second, what are you planning on watching your Dodgers on? Just to let you know, if you think you will be able to watch them on one of the regional sports channels such as FSN, and you don't live in the local viewing area for the Dodgers, you still won't be able to see them. Even if you pay for the sports package. The sports package does not override the blackouts required by the regional sports channels.

28 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 10:11:51 PM
(0)
Expert
My son uses a MBP laptop and hasn't had any wireless problems. I finally decided on an Airport to use for my wireless on my Dell laptop and it's working perfectly. I don't see that you'll have any problems with using Macs. And those of us who have had major wireless problems with the RG, I think we're in the minority. :smileywink:

And if you ever do lose wireless, you can plug into one of your UV STBs (if connected to the TV via coax) with Ethernet and connect that way, or probably directly from your Mini?

Abner463 wrote:

My son uses a MBP laptop and hasn't had any wireless problems. I finally decided on an Airport to use for my wireless on my Dell laptop and it's working perfectly. I don't see that you'll have any problems with using Macs. And those of us who have had major wireless problems with the RG, I think we're in the minority. :smileywink:

And if you ever do lose wireless, you can plug into one of your UV STBs (if connected to the TV via coax) with Ethernet and connect that way, or probably directly from your Mini?

Abner463 wrote:

29 of 40 (2,835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2008 4:56:55 AM
(0)
Tutor
"Second, what are you planning on watching your Dodgers on? Just to let you know, if you think you will be able to watch them on one of the regional sports channels such as FSN, and you don't live in the local viewing area for the Dodgers, you still won't be able to see them. Even if you pay for the sports package. The sports package does not override the blackouts required by the regional sports channels."

Wait a minute!!!  Why would non-regional games be blacked out?  What the heck is on these channels if things will be blacked out?  I am in San Antonio and want to see FSN and FSN Prime Ticket for the Dodger games.  I HATE that Extra Innings subscription because TWC had no control over it when there was a problem, like the game before it going longer than expected, and my game going on without me.  So if you can elaborate on this, I would appreciate it.  I'm not making the switch if I don't gain these games. :smileysurprised:
"Second, what are you planning on watching your Dodgers on? Just to let you know, if you think you will be able to watch them on one of the regional sports channels such as FSN, and you don't live in the local viewing area for the Dodgers, you still won't be able to see them. Even if you pay for the sports package. The sports package does not override the blackouts required by the regional sports channels."

Wait a minute!!!  Why would non-regional games be blacked out?  What the heck is on these channels if things will be blacked out?  I am in San Antonio and want to see FSN and FSN Prime Ticket for the Dodger games.  I HATE that Extra Innings subscription because TWC had no control over it when there was a problem, like the game before it going longer than expected, and my game going on without me.  So if you can elaborate on this, I would appreciate it.  I'm not making the switch if I don't gain these games. :smileysurprised:

30 of 40 (2,835 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments