Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 22, 2009
1:14:59 PM
Mac and U-verse (how it works for me)

Hi all,

There's been a lot of back-and-forth about Mac OS, u-verse, and the RG... this has been my experience so far:

I started out with a DSL connection, an ASA5505 firewall an Apple airport extreme, two macbooks, and a mac pro.  Everything worked perfectly, but being standard DSL I was only getting about 2Mbits/s.  I got a notice that U-verse was available in my neighborhood and decided to switch.

First problem... ATT won't process your order with DSL on the line.  I had to cancel DSL before I could place the order.  Ok, I'm going to be without internet for a week or so.

Second problem... ATT's install appointments are a MONTH out.  Fine, whatever.

While I was waiting I set up Cat 5e to all my drop points.

The installer came out and everything installed smoothly.  The configuration after he left was pretty much the default config, although I still had the Airport on the network (I took the ASA out of the mix to not confuse any issues with the install with my local setup.  TV works great, phone works great, internet is testing out at ~16 -17 Mbits/s down and ~2 up from a machine that is hardwired to the network.  Fantastic.   Installer goes home.

I switch over to one of the laptops and connect it to the wireless on the Airport and it pretty much just doesn't work.  Pages load halfway, the wireless disconnects, dns look ups fail and latency and packet loss are between the laptop and the gateway are through the roof.  figuring the problem might be interference with the RG's wireless I go in and turn that off.  Well, nothing really changes.  Ok.  I turn off the wireless on the Airport and start using the wireless on the RG.  The latency problem is better, but I'm still getting pages half loading, long pauses when loading web pages, and other general weirdness.  Moving the the mac pro, that is wired directly into the RG I get the same behaviour.  Pages load fast, but stop in the middle of loading and some lookups fail.  I tried what several users have suggested and change the DNS servers to ATT's servers instead of the RG, which helps, but only a little.  Even my iphone was having this problem.

At this point, I decided to go back to what I had before (sort of)  I put the ASA behind the RG in DMZ plus mode, turned off the wireless on the RG, turned on the wireless on my airport extreme, and put the airport and all the computers behind the ASA and left the tv boxes out in front of the ASA.  Two days now,  and ALL of the above problems are completely gone.  The only thing that is being weird is traceroute doesn't work right.

So, it is apparent to me that there is a bad interaction between the 2wire RG and all things apple.  I've seen quite a few people who say that they don't have problems with it, but I've also seen lots of people who have.  Putting a cisco router/firewall between the RG and the rest of my network has completely solved the problem.  Clearly there is something not right there.  I'm not even going to venture a guess as to whose fault it is, but there is definately an issue.  Perhaps my set up will help someone else solve these problems as well.

Hi all,

There's been a lot of back-and-forth about Mac OS, u-verse, and the RG... this has been my experience so far:

I started out with a DSL connection, an ASA5505 firewall an Apple airport extreme, two macbooks, and a mac pro.  Everything worked perfectly, but being standard DSL I was only getting about 2Mbits/s.  I got a notice that U-verse was available in my neighborhood and decided to switch.

First problem... ATT won't process your order with DSL on the line.  I had to cancel DSL before I could place the order.  Ok, I'm going to be without internet for a week or so.

Second problem... ATT's install appointments are a MONTH out.  Fine, whatever.

While I was waiting I set up Cat 5e to all my drop points.

The installer came out and everything installed smoothly.  The configuration after he left was pretty much the default config, although I still had the Airport on the network (I took the ASA out of the mix to not confuse any issues with the install with my local setup.  TV works great, phone works great, internet is testing out at ~16 -17 Mbits/s down and ~2 up from a machine that is hardwired to the network.  Fantastic.   Installer goes home.

I switch over to one of the laptops and connect it to the wireless on the Airport and it pretty much just doesn't work.  Pages load halfway, the wireless disconnects, dns look ups fail and latency and packet loss are between the laptop and the gateway are through the roof.  figuring the problem might be interference with the RG's wireless I go in and turn that off.  Well, nothing really changes.  Ok.  I turn off the wireless on the Airport and start using the wireless on the RG.  The latency problem is better, but I'm still getting pages half loading, long pauses when loading web pages, and other general weirdness.  Moving the the mac pro, that is wired directly into the RG I get the same behaviour.  Pages load fast, but stop in the middle of loading and some lookups fail.  I tried what several users have suggested and change the DNS servers to ATT's servers instead of the RG, which helps, but only a little.  Even my iphone was having this problem.

At this point, I decided to go back to what I had before (sort of)  I put the ASA behind the RG in DMZ plus mode, turned off the wireless on the RG, turned on the wireless on my airport extreme, and put the airport and all the computers behind the ASA and left the tv boxes out in front of the ASA.  Two days now,  and ALL of the above problems are completely gone.  The only thing that is being weird is traceroute doesn't work right.

So, it is apparent to me that there is a bad interaction between the 2wire RG and all things apple.  I've seen quite a few people who say that they don't have problems with it, but I've also seen lots of people who have.  Putting a cisco router/firewall between the RG and the rest of my network has completely solved the problem.  Clearly there is something not right there.  I'm not even going to venture a guess as to whose fault it is, but there is definately an issue.  Perhaps my set up will help someone else solve these problems as well.

Mac and U-verse (how it works for me)

62 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(62)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 2:39:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

Interesting, I've tried all of the above as well and had the same results.  Maybe it is because I need to try another brand of router (I use Belkin).

I noticed that it seemed to be talked about only with people that are using Macs too

I also can never get 4 bars of Netflix HD on my Xbox 360 hardwired either, while with my RoadRunner hardwired I get 4 bars constantly

Weird.

Interesting, I've tried all of the above as well and had the same results.  Maybe it is because I need to try another brand of router (I use Belkin).

I noticed that it seemed to be talked about only with people that are using Macs too

I also can never get 4 bars of Netflix HD on my Xbox 360 hardwired either, while with my RoadRunner hardwired I get 4 bars constantly

Weird.

Re: Mac and U-verse (how it works for me)

2 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 2:44:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hi,

I too use Mac products. Here is the setup I have. RG providing wireless b & g at 2.4 GHz using WPA. COAX to 5 TVs. Cat 5 to DVR. Cat 5 to HP network printer. Cat 5 to Apple Time Capsule (will come back to that). Cat 5 from TC to AT&T Dlink TA for VOIP service. Cat 5 from RG to Linksys 4 port switch. 4 port switch to iMac and work PC running windows.

No internet issues at all whether wired or wireless. Wireless through iPhone.

Now back to TC!!!! This is set to bridge mode since the RG is the DHCP server.  TC is set to N at 5 GHz. Did this for 2 Macbooks my teenagers use. This keeps Time Machine backups to their own wireless network. The 2 Macbooks connect fine to TC.

I do have 2 issues.

1. Since Windows XP doesn't work real well with WPA, when I need to use my work laptop in wireless mode, I have to go into the RG and set it up for WEP. Good old windows here!!!

2. For some reason, I know at least one other person where this is not an issue on this forum, for my iMac, the iMac can't join the RC network running WPA. Prior to adding the TC it could. Password validation fails. If I disable WPA and go with no security on the RG, the iMac connects fine. The iMac though will connect just fine to TC. Same thing happens for the 2 Macbooks. I called Apple support on this. Got the Apple standard reply that from a network point of view, Apple network products do not support connects to 3rd party products (2Wire, Linksys, etc.) They even went so far as to tell me to take the RG off my network and replace it with a modem. LOL!!!!! That's when I politely told them that they had no idea of what U Verse was all about. And they better start realizing that Apple needs to play well with other network products in this world. I then hung up.

Just sharing here. 

Hi,

I too use Mac products. Here is the setup I have. RG providing wireless b & g at 2.4 GHz using WPA. COAX to 5 TVs. Cat 5 to DVR. Cat 5 to HP network printer. Cat 5 to Apple Time Capsule (will come back to that). Cat 5 from TC to AT&T Dlink TA for VOIP service. Cat 5 from RG to Linksys 4 port switch. 4 port switch to iMac and work PC running windows.

Now back to TC!!!! This is set to bridge mode since the RG is the DHCP server.  TC is set to N at 5 GHz. Did this for 2 Macbooks my teenagers use. This keeps Time Machine backups to their own wireless network. The 2 Macbooks connect fine to TC.

I do have 2 issues.

1. Since Windows XP doesn't work real well with WPA, when I need to use my work laptop in wireless mode, I have to go into the RG and set it up for WEP. Good old windows here!!!

2. For some reason, I know at least one other person where this is not an issue on this forum, for my iMac, the iMac can't join the RC network running WPA. Prior to adding the TC it could. Password validation fails. If I disable WPA and go with no security on the RG, the iMac connects fine. The iMac though will connect just fine to TC. Same thing happens for the 2 Macbooks. I called Apple support on this. Got the Apple standard reply that from a network point of view, Apple network products do not support connects to 3rd party products (2Wire, Linksys, etc.) They even went so far as to tell me to take the RG off my network and replace it with a modem. LOL!!!!! That's when I politely told them that they had no idea of what U Verse was all about. And they better start realizing that Apple needs to play well with other network products in this world. I then hung up.

Just sharing here. 

3 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 2:53:50 PM
(0)
Scholar
Oh meant to add that I use OpenDNS. This has improved the load times a lot!!!
Oh meant to add that I use OpenDNS. This has improved the load times a lot!!!

4 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 5:23:25 PM
(0)
Master

hutchings2000 wrote:

Hi,

I do have 2 issues.

Just sharing here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/bowman_wirelesssecurity.mspx

or 

http://tinyurl.com/bofry
See if this will help.

Message Edited by oz on 02-22-2009 05:34 PM

hutchings2000 wrote:

Hi,

I do have 2 issues.

Just sharing here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/expert/bowman_wirelesssecurity.mspx

or 

http://tinyurl.com/bofry
See if this will help.

5 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 7:50:15 AM
(0)
Guru

entr04y

Mac user too. Never had any issues with DSL (in fact compared to Uverse I miss it!) but your problems sound familiar.

1st couple of days all ok. So ok that I sold my Extreme Base station! now I regret, seem that your solution helps. 

I have lost out on several Ebay auctions and my iChat is horrible.

What is "traceroute" btw?

I have macbook and G5. Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

entr04y

Mac user too. Never had any issues with DSL (in fact compared to Uverse I miss it!) but your problems sound familiar.

1st couple of days all ok. So ok that I sold my Extreme Base station! now I regret, seem that your solution helps. 

I have lost out on several Ebay auctions and my iChat is horrible.

What is "traceroute" btw?

I have macbook and G5. Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

6 of 63 (1,166 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 9:36:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

What I did to fix my problems finally, was to go into sys-prefs and hit network.  Then I added the two DNS groups ( 68.94.156.1 & 68.94.157.1 ).

Let me tell you my speed has doubled (actual download speed) and I haven't had ANY further page rendering problems.

What I did to fix my problems finally, was to go into sys-prefs and hit network.  Then I added the two DNS groups ( 68.94.156.1 & 68.94.157.1 ).

Let me tell you my speed has doubled (actual download speed) and I haven't had ANY further page rendering problems.

7 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 10:36:39 AM
(0)
Guru
pls explain, sounds interesting.
pls explain, sounds interesting.

8 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 1:21:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

bmcgms,

I've been stung by the macbook pro and 2wire setup also. My extended warranty for the mac is a dead end, I get nothing but allot of finger pointing. My current fix is to use my old Belkin to connect via ethernet to the RG. What's baffling is - if the Belkin can connect to the mac, what's the problem with the 2wire equipment?  

Are the DNS servers you mentioned AT&T?

bmcgms,

I've been stung by the macbook pro and 2wire setup also. My extended warranty for the mac is a dead end, I get nothing but allot of finger pointing. My current fix is to use my old Belkin to connect via ethernet to the RG. What's baffling is - if the Belkin can connect to the mac, what's the problem with the 2wire equipment?  

Are the DNS servers you mentioned AT&T?

9 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:18:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

Coyote,

Both my son and daughter have Macbooks which connected fine to the RG before I added Time Capsule. I'm on an iMac right now connected to the RG through a Linksys switch. What kind of issues do you have? No way near an Apple or Network expert but willing to try and help if I can. 

Coyote,

Both my son and daughter have Macbooks which connected fine to the RG before I added Time Capsule. I'm on an iMac right now connected to the RG through a Linksys switch. What kind of issues do you have? No way near an Apple or Network expert but willing to try and help if I can. 

10 of 63 (1,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:41:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yea those are the DNS servers for AT&T.  For some reason there seems to be a problem between a Mac and the 2Wire communicating the DNS settings.  However, if you set those on your Mac, or on your additional wireless router that is in DMZ mode, you will see the actual speed of U-Verse that has everyone raving about it's service.

I not have a belkin n router plugged into the 2Wire in DMZ mode. I turned the 2Wire's wireless off, and unchecked "obtain DNS automatically from ISP" on my Belkin and replace it with the DNS settings I mentioned earlier.  

Yea those are the DNS servers for AT&T.  For some reason there seems to be a problem between a Mac and the 2Wire communicating the DNS settings.  However, if you set those on your Mac, or on your additional wireless router that is in DMZ mode, you will see the actual speed of U-Verse that has everyone raving about it's service.

I not have a belkin n router plugged into the 2Wire in DMZ mode. I turned the 2Wire's wireless off, and unchecked "obtain DNS automatically from ISP" on my Belkin and replace it with the DNS settings I mentioned earlier.  

11 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:48:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hi,

I have a iMac and use OpenDNS successfully. The speed with U Verse is very close to the advertised speed. 

Hi,

I have a iMac and use OpenDNS successfully. The speed with U Verse is very close to the advertised speed. 

12 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 7:47:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

hutchings,

Using the 2wire 2701HG as a wireless connection to at&t's so called high speed DSL internet was nearly nonexistent. 3 speed test sites have shown results slower than dial up. The mac menubar airport icon warbles between black and gray, as if it were falling to sleep. Loading a single page required frequent opening and closing the network prefs to keep it awake.

hutchings,

Using the 2wire 2701HG as a wireless connection to at&t's so called high speed DSL internet was nearly nonexistent. 3 speed test sites have shown results slower than dial up. The mac menubar airport icon warbles between black and gray, as if it were falling to sleep. Loading a single page required frequent opening and closing the network prefs to keep it awake.

13 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 8:08:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

I currently have Uverse and 3 macs. I did add the DNS server information to my network adapters preferences. HOWEVER, when I use safari or firefox sometimes the pages POP right up. Sometimes the page hangs white and the little wheel spins where you put the url in http box then after a second or 4 the page pops up.

Any ideas what to do? Right now in my DNS it has the 2wire then the 2 att DNS server information listed. I tried to remove the 2wire and its greyed out.

Thanks 

I currently have Uverse and 3 macs. I did add the DNS server information to my network adapters preferences. HOWEVER, when I use safari or firefox sometimes the pages POP right up. Sometimes the page hangs white and the little wheel spins where you put the url in http box then after a second or 4 the page pops up.

Any ideas what to do? Right now in my DNS it has the 2wire then the 2 att DNS server information listed. I tried to remove the 2wire and its greyed out.

Thanks 

14 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 8:33:53 AM
(0)
Master

redrover wrote:

Thanks 

Had the same issues until I loaded Safari 4 beta now it seems to be okay with the above mentioned DNS and there is no need in trying to remove the greyed out 2wire.

redrover wrote:

Thanks 

Had the same issues until I loaded Safari 4 beta now it seems to be okay with the above mentioned DNS and there is no need in trying to remove the greyed out 2wire.

15 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 8:36:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

I failed to mention...I am running Safari 4 beta on 2 of the 3 macs. Like I said...sometimes sites POP right up and sometimes sites take 2-5 seconds. I also noticed you cant edit out the 2wire DNS settings. I was hoping to move it to the bottom of the list. I currently have the 2wire DNS the under that the 2 AT & T.

Any other suggestions? 

I failed to mention...I am running Safari 4 beta on 2 of the 3 macs. Like I said...sometimes sites POP right up and sometimes sites take 2-5 seconds. I also noticed you cant edit out the 2wire DNS settings. I was hoping to move it to the bottom of the list. I currently have the 2wire DNS the under that the 2 AT & T.

Any other suggestions? 

16 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 10:25:03 AM
(0)
Master
Can you list one or two of the sites so other posters and myself will be able to confirm that it may be their servers or only our Macs.
Can you list one or two of the sites so other posters and myself will be able to confirm that it may be their servers or only our Macs.

17 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 11:30:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

sure...

Facebook.com

espn.com

sportsline.com

iclarified.com

even the Uverse main page. 

sure...

Facebook.com

espn.com

sportsline.com

iclarified.com

even the Uverse main page. 

18 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 11:55:25 AM
(0)
Master

Those all loaded within a second or two for me on my MBP 2.0 G  with 2G of ram (ddr2) running 10.5.6 sorry I was not able to help. Rumor has

it there will be some improvements in the anyday now 10.5.7 release. 

Those all loaded within a second or two for me on my MBP 2.0 G  with 2G of ram (ddr2) running 10.5.6 sorry I was not able to help. Rumor has

it there will be some improvements in the anyday now 10.5.7 release. 

19 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 2:23:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
I'm so glad to see this thread, I'm a Mac User with U-verse due to be installed next weekend. I have AP express modules, a bit different set up but before my DSL 2wire modem died I was happily surfing with my iBook just fine. I have an 8 port linksys router that I'll will set up behind the RG and plug in one of the AP modules there. I'm not ordering the TV service, just phone and high speed internet. Does the RG have to be in a certain place? 
I'm so glad to see this thread, I'm a Mac User with U-verse due to be installed next weekend. I have AP express modules, a bit different set up but before my DSL 2wire modem died I was happily surfing with my iBook just fine. I have an 8 port linksys router that I'll will set up behind the RG and plug in one of the AP modules there. I'm not ordering the TV service, just phone and high speed internet. Does the RG have to be in a certain place? 

20 of 63 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 2:40:30 PM
(0)
Master

baseballguy2001 wrote:
Just where you want it providing it has a grounded power outlet within cords reach and a phone jack .

baseballguy2001 wrote:
Just where you want it providing it has a grounded power outlet within cords reach and a phone jack .

21 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 6:35:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Im running OS X 10.5.6

2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo

4Gb DDR 2 SDram

Macbook pro

Im running OS X 10.5.6

2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo

4Gb DDR 2 SDram

Macbook pro

22 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2009 7:29:06 PM
(0)
Master

redrover wrote:

Im running OS X 10.5.6

2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo

4Gb DDR 2 SDram

Macbook pro

Nice unit also I have found by clearing the Cache in Safari from time to time will help.

redrover wrote:

Im running OS X 10.5.6

2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo

4Gb DDR 2 SDram

Macbook pro

Nice unit also I have found by clearing the Cache in Safari from time to time will help.

23 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2009 6:50:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem with OS X 10.5.6 running Safari 4. I do NOT believe this is a software problem. I had this same setup working just fine with Time Warner before I switched.

Now, I am very happy with everything U-verse except the internet stalling out frequently!

I have followed previous advice and hardcoded in the IPs for ATT DNS servers and fixed page loading problems. Now, I'm having my complete internet connection stall out frequently. To fix it, I have to turn off my built in wi-fi and then turn it back on and it works again.I have an Apple airport extreme working in bridge mode to the 2wire and I have an iMac (os x 10.5.6) connected via wireless-N to the airport extreme. 

Resetting the modem, the router or any of the clients fixes the problem. It just happens VERY frequently!!! 

I am having the same problem with OS X 10.5.6 running Safari 4. I do NOT believe this is a software problem. I had this same setup working just fine with Time Warner before I switched.

Now, I am very happy with everything U-verse except the internet stalling out frequently!

I have followed previous advice and hardcoded in the IPs for ATT DNS servers and fixed page loading problems. Now, I'm having my complete internet connection stall out frequently. To fix it, I have to turn off my built in wi-fi and then turn it back on and it works again.I have an Apple airport extreme working in bridge mode to the 2wire and I have an iMac (os x 10.5.6) connected via wireless-N to the airport extreme. 

Resetting the modem, the router or any of the clients fixes the problem. It just happens VERY frequently!!! 

24 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2009 7:50:42 PM
(0)
Master

Does it give any problems running g a few of my friends experienced problems with n and my MBP is 3 years old so no n but my 802.11g works

great and i am still using an Airport Extreme set to g with automatic channel turned off and wpa2 security selected also check the power level

if the AE is far away from the computer. 

Does it give any problems running g a few of my friends experienced problems with n and my MBP is 3 years old so no n but my 802.11g works

great and i am still using an Airport Extreme set to g with automatic channel turned off and wpa2 security selected also check the power level

if the AE is far away from the computer. 

25 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 5:51:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

I still experience the same problems. Ive done all these tricks and the browser still stalls loading pages. Im not even doing anything fancy. Just using wifi  straight from the 2wire. I have a full set of bars showing on my wireless meter on my macbook pro so signal strength isnt an issue.

I still experience the same problems. Ive done all these tricks and the browser still stalls loading pages. Im not even doing anything fancy. Just using wifi  straight from the 2wire. I have a full set of bars showing on my wireless meter on my macbook pro so signal strength isnt an issue.

26 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 7:46:22 AM
(0)
Master

I have found that page loading varies from day to day and they are aware of this but for the most part my experience is good and there has been

some reports on the net of some Macs having a bad wi-fi card that had to be replaced. 

I have found that page loading varies from day to day and they are aware of this but for the most part my experience is good and there has been

some reports on the net of some Macs having a bad wi-fi card that had to be replaced. 

27 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 7:52:15 AM
(0)
Tutor
I NEVER had any issues whatsoever with my ATT/Bellsouth 3meg service with DSL modem with my Airport wifi router. I have 10meg uverse and with the lagging pages its painful. Sometimes I do notice that its almost like cable where some days its better than others but still...ATT has to find a solution with the macs. I have to bring a pEEcEE laptop home or borrow one to see how the IE works.
I NEVER had any issues whatsoever with my ATT/Bellsouth 3meg service with DSL modem with my Airport wifi router. I have 10meg uverse and with the lagging pages its painful. Sometimes I do notice that its almost like cable where some days its better than others but still...ATT has to find a solution with the macs. I have to bring a pEEcEE laptop home or borrow one to see how the IE works.

28 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 8:26:20 AM
(0)
Master

redrover wrote:
Are you using 7.4.1 for your firmware in the Airport Extreme.

redrover wrote:
Are you using 7.4.1 for your firmware in the Airport Extreme.

29 of 63 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2009 8:28:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

I suppose I am...not sure. Im just using the 2wire gateway modem now without airport. 

I was saying before that before I had uverse I had ATT dsl with the airport and it was better as far as browser hanging. 

I suppose I am...not sure. Im just using the 2wire gateway modem now without airport. 

I was saying before that before I had uverse I had ATT dsl with the airport and it was better as far as browser hanging. 

30 of 63 (679 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments