Low TV aduio volume

Low TV aduio volume

I just reprogrammed my remotes to my TV and DVD codes. Since then the TV audio volume on one of my TV's is so low I can barely hear even when the volume control is at 50+ (maxed out). Any suggestions? I've gone thru the suggested steps on the 411 Videos

Message 1 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Expert

Re: Low TV aduio volume

Is the stb connected to your tv by a coax cable?  You can also check to make sure the volume it turned all the way up on your stb.

Message 2 of 13 (4,054 Views)

yes, connected via cox;forgive my naivety, but what is a stb?

Message 3 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Expert

STB is Set Top Box.  Do you have a component (yellow rca plug) or svhs connection on your tv.  If so, you can connect the stb to your tv and connect the red and white audio outputs to the audio inputs on your tv and not only get a substantial increase in volume.  But the audio will be stereo.

Message 4 of 13 (4,054 Views)

The yellow/white/red RCA plugs from the STB weren't connected to the TV. I just plugged them into the back of the TV and the volume didn't change..volume control still on max (50+)

Message 5 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Expert

Temporarily program your uverse remote to control the volume of the stb.  And make sure the volume is all the way up on it.

Message 6 of 13 (4,054 Views)

Yes, that's what I'd like to do. How do I program the STB to control the volume?

Message 7 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

rubberband wrote:

I just reprogrammed my remotes to my TV and DVD codes. Since then the TV audio volume on one of my TV's is so low I can barely hear even when the volume control is at 50+ (maxed out). Any suggestions? I've gone thru the suggested steps on the 411 Videos

To control the speaker volume of the STB:

1) Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote.

2) Press the “OK” button and release it and the AT&T key at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.

3) Type 955. The AT&T key will flash twice.

4) Press “Enter”.

Now you can turn your volume all the way up on the STB. Once you get it set how you want, we need to set the remote back to control the TV volume instead of the STB. To do that:

1) Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote.

2) Press the “OK” button and release it and the AT&T key at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.

3) Type 955. The AT&T key will flash twice.

4) Press “TV”. The TV light will flash twice.

Message 8 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Expert

Thanks TG, I didn't know the number to program into the remote.

Message 9 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Teacher

Re: Low TV audio volume

Or you can call tech support. They now have the ability to reset the volume of the stb to 25 for you instead of  programming the remote.

Message 10 of 13 (4,054 Views)
Expert

How do they do that? :smileysurprised:

Sporkboy wrote:

Or you can call tech support. They now have the ability to reset the volume of the stb to 25 for you instead of  programming the remote.

Message 11 of 13 (3,044 Views)
Teacher

spd2demun wrote:

Sporkboy wrote:

We can just send a message to one or or multiple stbs to reset. Can't choose what to set the volume at, but atleast we can change it back to the defualt 25.   (I know this because I'm in tech support :smileywink: )

Message 12 of 13 (3,044 Views)
Expert

Hmm...very interesting!  Thanks for the update. :smileywink:

Sporkboy wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Sporkboy wrote:

We can just send a message to one or or multiple stbs to reset. Can't choose what to set the volume at, but atleast we can change it back to the defualt 25.   (I know this because I'm in tech support :smileywink: )

Message 13 of 13 (3,044 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.